Unsaid Things

I Wanna Hold You
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Hi! This is DoWoon. I can't pick up your call right now. Leave me a message and I'll call you back as soon as possible"

A loud but short beep sounded through the phone after DoWoon's message. A sound which made JaeBeom take in a deep breath to calm down his nerves. With a low but dangerous sounding voice he said something in the language JinYoung didn't understand but had gotten used to over the last couple of weeks. He didn't have to understand the language though to know that the said words weren't the friendly kind of words he normally would use with his friends. It was not their first try to reach their friends either.

Shortly after JinYoung and JaeBeom had noticed that they had been left behind, they had tried to reach every single one of their friends. They even called the ones that were supposed to join them later on that day. However, no one had picked up the phone. They must have known that the elder would call them and turned off their phones beforehand. With every automated message the frustration and the anger seemed to build up more and more within JaeBeom.

With a sharp inhale he ended his message and then turned to JinYoung who had been simply standing close by watching the elders every single move. JinYoung wasn't really sure what he was supposed to be doing in a situation like this. He had tried to call some of the boys as well ,but after the third call he had simply given up. He suspected that leaving JaeBeom and him up in the mountains together must have been their master plan all along.

Since JaeBeom and Chrigu had broken up, their friends had tried to set them up. They were very subtle about it at first. It had started with them putting JinYoung and JaeBeom in the same shift at the club and forcing them to practice alone together. Things that came and felt very natural. It wasn't unusual at all that this would work out that way. However, when JinYoung noticed that he had not worked with anyone but JaeBeom for a while he started to get suspicious. He has asked his friends from Day6 about this, but all of them simply shrugged it off or even denied it. Only DoWoon had been open enough with him and admitted their plan two days prior. They never went overboard with their match making project but this... this was on another level. This wasn't the least bit subtle at all.

JinYoung assumed that he could call DoWoon in the evening and he would fully admit to their ploy. Because that's the kind of relationship the two of them had built up over the past few weeks. However, there probably wasn't any use in calling either of their friends right now if this really had been their plan all along. That was why his phone was still in his hands, but he didn't make any attempt on dialing any of their numbers again.

JaeBeom turned around. His eyes drifted from JinYoung to the phone in his hands. With raised eyebrows he nodded towards the phone.

"Any luck?" he asked with a slight hint of hope in his voice. However, when he saw JinYoung shaking his head, he started cursing and put his own phone down.

"Those b******s!" he quietly mumbled under his breath. However, JinYoung was standing so close to the other that he was still able to hear him loud and clearly.

The younger bit his lips. He was trying to not take all this too personally, but it was pretty hard when the other person he was stuck with was trying his hardest to reach somebody and possibly get someone to fetch them. Was the mere thought of spending a few days alone with JinYoung so repellent to the elder? However, maybe there were other reasons for it too... JaeYoon could be one of those reasons. The club could be another too... but somehow JinYoung felt that the eagerness of JaeBeom to reach someone had to do with him. Could it be that the elder secretly knew how JinYoung felt? That he knew that over the past few weeks their friendship grew to be something more for JinYoung? No! That couldn't be. The elder would have reacted differently if he’d known. He was sure of it. It wasn't JaeBeom's style to beat around the bushes. The elder had always been very direct. But what if it was different this time around?

JinYoung looked up and noticed that JaeBeom was staring at him. A rapid wave of heat washed over the younger's face and he knew that he must have been blushing furiously. Quickly, he avoided the other’s stare by turning his head away. He could still feel the elders eyes on him, but neither of them said a word. After a while JaeBeom let out a loud sigh.

"Not sure about you but I'm hungry," the elder said and then quickly turned around and walked back towards the house. JinYoung shyly turned his head and watched how the other disappeared into the chalet. This was going to be a long and painful week.


~~~~~~~~~~~~


It took JinYoung a few more minutes before he gathered up all the courage he could muster to follow the elder inside. When he finally was standing in front of the glassy back door he reached out for the handle to push it aside to enter, hesitating once again. Longingly he stared through the glass inside. The living room before him was still untouched. Everything looked clean and tidy. The light in the kitchen was switched on and brightly illuminated the small area of the living room where the dining table was located.

JinYoung took a deep breath and tightened his grip on the door handle, when suddenly he heard an all too familiar ringtone. Quickly, he lifted his phone and answered the call without checking the caller ID. He was so sure that it would be DoWoon to 'apologise' about leaving him alone with JaeBeom, that the mere thought that someone else might be calling him was far from his mind. With hasty steps he walked away from the door and put the phone on his ear. Nervously, he glanced behind his back to see if JaeBeom was noticing him taking a call. However, the room behind the glass was still empty. In a hushed but firm voice he started to speak: "Yah! You brat! What were you thinking? I know you and the others want this for us but this can’t work. You can't force this!"

"Park-Gae?"

JinYoung instantly stopped moving when he heard the familiar voice of his friend. With a shaky voice he asked: "Wang-Gae?"

"Yes! Yes! Is everything alright? You sound pissed. Did anything happen?"

"It's nothing really. I just got...," JinYoung hesitated to answer.

Should he tell his friend what happened? It might not be the best of ideas to say that a new found friend was trying to set him up with someone in Switzerland. This wasn't part of their original plan afterall and his band, GOT6, should not be the ones who would have to worry or suffer because of his stupid feelings. He was supposed to go to Switzerland to find his passion for music again. That’s all. The plan didn't include getting feelings for anyone he'd meet on his trip.

JinYoung knew that if he were to tell his friend about JaeBeom he would understand. Encourage the whole thing even. At first glance this might have seemed to make things easier but he was sure that that wouldn’t be the case. All this could not end well because he would be leaving… and with that, break his and JaeBeom’s heart if the other would allow himself to feel the same way.

The line was silent for a while as JinYoung was hung up in his own thoughts. It was Jackson who interrupted the silence as he began to speak again. His voice was wary as if he was afraid to upset the other.

"You just got... what? Please tell me you're safe"

JinYoung sighed.

"I'm okay," he said and began to walk toward a wooden bench to his right. The sun was already starting to set in front of him and the air around him grew colder rather quickly, but he still sat down when he reached the bench to watch the sun disappear behind the mountain row in front of him.

"Do you know when you'll come back yet? People are worried, you know. I'm worried, too. It's been weeks since you boarded that plane"

"I know, Seun-ah. It's just... I feel like I need to stay a bit longer"

"But you will come back, right?" Jackson asked. He sounded unsure, as if it was unclear if JinYoung would ever return. A ridiculous thought at first, but then JinYoung wondered if it really was that ridiculous after all. Did he really want to leave and go back to the life he had left behind? Back to that lonely life in the spotlight with no privacy at all.

Sure, going back was the end goal of their plan but now... the mere thought of going back felt somewhat... wrong and filled him with dread. Nevertheless, he answered: "Of course, dummy. I just.... need a bit more time. That's all"

Jackson on the other side of the line stayed quiet. After a while, however, the idol sighed.
"I really hope you'll mean that and come back to us soon. Thing is... we're constantly asked by the company. The fans are worried. It didn't help that that picture made its rounds today, too"

"What picture?" JinYoung instantly asked. His thoughts were on the performance they had a week ago. Someone could have easily taken a picture of him during that time...why didn't he think of that? He should have worn a mask or something…

"The one from the airport. It started circulating on SNS today"

"But... that was weeks ago? Why would it only appear now?" JinYoung asked, to which Jackson promptly answered.

"The internet does what it does best. Be careful with your accounts though. Your pictures might get over analysed at the moment"

"Don't worry about that. I haven't posted anything on my account in months. I do not plan to..."

"Maybe it would be best to update it though. I mean...you should let people know that you're alright so they don't snoop or worry anymore"

JinYoung hesitated. Maybe Jackson was right. No, Jackson most likely was right about this. A sigh escaped JinYoung's throat.

"How are the others?" JinYoung asked to avoid talking about the previous subject. He would think about all this another time.

"Well... they are well... as usual. Maybe a bit more relaxed as we're on a less exhausting schedule. The company is working on pushing back our next comeback. I don't think the kids mind that at all right now"

"That's... good, I guess," JinYoung answered and then kept silent.

On the other end of the line JinYoung suddenly heard a door slam shut and loud voices reached his ear through the speaker. The cheerful voices of his frie

Please log in to read the full chapter