Little JaeYoon

I Wanna Hold You
Please log in to read the full chapter

"You look funny. Your face is missing!" WonPil babbled while laughing loudly. His finger was directly pointed at Jae who simply raised an eyebrow at his friends statements. A small grin formed itself on Brian's lips. However, before the younger was able to notice it, he shifted his head toward WonPil again and tried to showcase a serious expression. He gazed at his two older friends right next to him, who wore a worried and serious expression as well. Not long after that, however, and a new smile formed on his face. A smile which he tried to suppress again but doing so became harder with every passing second. He knew that the current situation wasn't a laughing matter, however, the things his friend was telling under the influence of heavy drugs to take away his pain were so random and sometimes so ridiculous that it was impossible to keep a straight face. Even in a situation like this.

"We need puppies! Lots of them! I want puppies!" WonPil suddenly exclaimed. In an energetic motion he pulled the cover away and made an attempt to jump out of bed. This wasn't the first time the younger was trying to act out one of his random ideas since they arrived in the hospital so his friends were prepared. They instantly got a hold of him and pushed him back into the soft mattress. With doe eyes, WonPil stared up at his friends. Not long after, however, he began to mumble the next weird thing that just came to his mind. That new random thought didn't last for long, as only a few seconds later he began to whine like a three year old that he wanted a puppy. Now!

SungJin, who had stood to his friends right side by the bed, quickly patted the younger's head and told him in a very fatherly sounding tone of voice, that they will go get one once he's all better. This simple statement seemed to have the desired effect as the younger's face lit up instantly.

JaeBeom looked at WonPil with a worried expression and then turned his attention toward SungJin in a quick motion. As if he was worried the younger could hear him, he began to whisper to his oldest friend. "You can't promise him that! You know he's allergic. If he gets to close to any of those fluffy-"

"I know," SungJin interrupted JaeBeom with the same hushed voice, "but he won't remember this when the drugs wear off. Don't worry. As long as he stays in bed and keeps that arm of his still all will be okay. We've been through worse with him. Don't you remember the drum debacle?"

"I do, but I still believe that we shouldn't encourage him right now," JaeBeom said and took another worried glance at WonPil. The latter started to babble about balloons and weird colours now, which brought more than enough joy to Jae, who started to engage in a conversation with the other by giving him even weirder responses than the other originally came up with. This on the other hand encouraged WonPil’s imagination to grew even wilder. WonPil enjoyed this very much as he grinned like a Cheshire cat while looking at Jae dreamily.

"My pink sweater! It's pretty! I need it now!" the younger suddenly said while frantically looking around as if he was hoping to see said sweater lying close by. When he wasn't able to spot the wanted object he turned his attention to Jae again. The blond haired man grinned evilly before replying to his friend.

"It burns in hell. I hope you said goodbye to it," he said, obviously enjoying the shocked expression on his friend’s face. Tears began to form in WonPil's eyes. A loud whining emerged from the younger's throat. A few seconds later and he was crying loudly. Again the similarities with the behaviour of a toddler were pretty astounding.

SungJin, who quickly noticed the change of mood of his friend, tried to cheer him up again but to no avail. Even when Brian tried to brighten the younger's mood by offering random things the younger seemed to like did not help.

The four friends were now focusing on making WonPil happy again. JinYoung on the other hand just simply stood close to them and observed the whole situation. He felt out of place and the longer he was standing there he wasn't really sure why he came with the others in the first place. WonPil and JaeBeom were just two strangers he had met a few hours ago. He could have just gathered his things and gone to his friend’s relatives place. However, for some reason he cared about this stranger. Still, it didn't change the fact that he was feeling awkward and weird standing next to WonPil's friends.

The hospital they went to was only a few minutes away. It was a busy hospital. Not as big or as busy as the ones he knows in Korea but it still looked quite big. They were brought to a room where surgery patients were brought to wake up in. WonPil just had a surgery for his fractures. For two hours they were waiting to hear from the doctors. Apparently WonPil was very lucky as he 'only' broke his left under arm bone as well as something the doctor called an caput humeri. JinYoung had no idea what that was but apparently that was the main reason for the surgery. However, hearing that WonPil will be better soon made him feel relieved.

JinYoung had just decided to quietly leave the room to get back to the club to get his things when WonPil began to whine again in a loud voice. "Doctor Lukes!" he said. Instantly he dried his eyes.
A middle aged man dressed in white approached them. He curiously looked at WonPil, who began to smile brightly when the man came to a halt at the younger's bed end. The doctor opened a thin clipboard to study WonPil’s information. As fast as he had opened the file he closed it again and smiled at WonPil who now beamed because of the attention the stranger was giving him.

"Doctor Lukes," the younger started, "this weird looking Hyung promised me a puppy!" he exclaimed in a now more cheery sounding tone of voice. However, the younger still sniffed from time to time as an after effect from his crying just a few seconds ago. WonPil tried to move again. An attempt which SungJin luckily was able to prevent.

"I already decided which one I want. I know it's name too!" the younger continued as if there was nothing to it that his older friend was constantly pushing him back into his cushion. He was way too excited to care. The doctor blinked in confusion, nonetheless, he kept a bright smile on his face. Quickly, he encouraged the younger with a hand gesture to continue to which WonPil pointed at Brian almost instantly.
"I want this one! I'll call it Brian!"

"I'm not a dog!" Brian explained to WonPil to which the younger's eyes widened in horror. In shock, he starred at Brian. It was quiet for a moment. WonPil then tore his eyes from Brian and focused on the doctor. He was all pale now. His hands grabbed tightly the thin fabric of his cover. In a swift motion, he pulled the cover over his body again and buried himself into it until only his eyes peered out under it. In a hesitant and shaky voice Wonpil began to speak again: "Doctor! I- I understand animals! Am I destined to save the world now?"

The doctor looked at WonPil in a worried expression. He opened his files again to check something. "Oh my! I think they went a bit overboard with the drugs this time," he said in almost perfect Korean.

"Oh really?" Brian asked and crossed his arms in front of his chest in annoyance.
"Well- I’ll tell them to tone it down a bit the next time. So, what happened? I think the last time you were here with WonPil was because of a cooking accident three weeks ago," he asked and looked at them all with curious but tired eyes.

Jae shuddered when he heard the doctor mentioning the last accident WonPil had. It was SungJin, however, who took the initiative and explained what had happened just a few hours ago. The doctor nodded thoughtfully and began to note down something in his clipboard. Once SungJin ended his explanation of how the accident came to be, nodded the doctor slowly. 
“Our WonPil must have had a guardian angel. He’s lucky that he wasn’t hurt worse. A fall from a height like that could easily have been fatal,” the doctor said while softly shaking his head.

“Anyway," the doctor continued, "WonPil needs to stay here for at least two more days. Just for observation purposes, of course. I'm also writing him a doctor’s note for two weeks."

"Does that mean he'd be all healed up in two weeks, doctor?" JaeBeom asked with a lot of hope in his voice. The doctor, however, let out a short bitter laugh at JaeBeom's question and answered with an equal short and bitter 'No'.

"Usually it takes six to eight weeks to heal a fracture like this. It still depends on the patient though," he explained. Only a few moments after that he bid the friends goodbye and moved to the next patient to check on that person's condition.

JaeBeom's face fell. "Six to eight weeks," he mumbled breathlessly to which Brian patted his friend on the shoulder as if he wanted to say 'don't worry' by doing that. It had no use though as JaeBeom pushed the arm of his friend from his shoulder and moved away from him. He was lost in his own thoughts.

"So, what will we do next?" Jae asked.
"I guess we'll have to cancel the next few gigs of ours. Luckily it's not a very late notice. Still it would have been an

Please log in to read the full chapter