Too Close for Comfort

I Wanna Hold You
Please log in to read the full chapter

JinYoung quietly stared at the TV screen in front of him. The foreign program he was watching, however, didn't hold his attention at all. Not only was he not able to understand what was going on in the show, but it also didn't strike him as funny as the program made it appear to be. Laughter constantly filled the air but none of the jokes made JinYoung laugh with the TV audience. From time to time he stared back at the screen when the laughter was getting especially loud but most of the time his eyes drifted off to the window behind the TV.

JinYoung had been able to stay with JaeBeom. It was a decision made out of pure practical reasons. As their days started very early and usually ended pretty late it felt wrong to burden Jackson's relatives by taking him in. This wasn't the only reason though. On his second day they realised that Jackson's relatives weren't living close by at all. In fact, they were living a 20 minute bus ride away. JinYoung wouldn't have minded that but knowing that he might be a nuisance to those kind people with this kind of a schedule he gladly took the offer to stay in the flat JaeBeom had let him stay in the first night he got here.

The sun was currently setting, which laid a warm and pretty red layer of colour over the traditional looking buildings on the foot of the hill everybody called Längasse. It was a breathtaking sight. Especially with the big tower in the scene which he now knew was one of the big sight seeing monuments this small town, that apparently was the capital, had to offer.

It's been two days since the audition. Their days were currently filled with band practice, food and sleep. There was no other thing to focus on. Nothing was more important than to prepare for the upcoming concert in a week. It was hard work to memorise and practice the same songs over and over again. Nevertheless, he enjoyed doing it very much. JinYoung loved playing with the band as all of them made him feel welcome and they supported him wherever they could. It was a pleasure working with them and his feelings seemed to be mutual. Even JaeBeom warmed up to him in today's band practice. Well- warmed up might be a bit too much of a word to describe it. However, the elder had started to speak and give him occasional tips on how their music was supposed to sound. He never talked about anything else than work though and he never gave him one of those warm smiles and greetings the other members received in the morning.

Another set of laughter pulled his attention back to the screen. Once again, he tried to figure out what was going on and what had been so funny but he failed miserably at that. With a sigh he switched the channel. Some kind of news program was running. The language now was slightly different but still the same. Nevertheless, he wasn't able to understand it. Still, he continued watching to see what kind of things had happened throughout the day. JinYoung furrowed his brow while looking at a building on screen to which he had no context to and seeing people he had never seen in his life before, talking about something he didn’t understand. After a while he just gave up. He quickly pressed a big red button on the remote and made the screen go black. The flat instantly fell silent.

JinYoung began to stretch himself on the sofa. He felt too tired to get up but somehow he didn't feel like continuing to sit there either. After a few seconds of debating he finally got up, however, he instantly regretted leaving the soft and warm sofa cushions behind. Quickly, he walked towards a book shelf and picked up one of the many books in it. The cover was kept in a beautiful blue. He started reading the synopsis and soon figured out that this book was holding a dark fairytale with mystical creatures and secrets. Intrigued by that he walked back to the sofa to start reading. The view outside, however, made him leave the book on the sofa without even opening it and walking towards the door that led to the balcony.

JinYoung hadn't been on the balcony yet. As the air outside still felt ice cold he never really had the desire to go out there in the first place during those past two days. Now, however, he wanted to go out and watch the sun set.

Cold winter air blew through the trees next to the building and made the dead looking plants whine sadly. The cold air found its way through JinYoung's clothes and made him shiver violently. He quickly put his arms around himself to keep the warmth to himself.
He noticed the breathtaking beauty of the sunset. Only a few last rays of sunlight were still visible on the horizon. Lights had been in the buildings below as well as in the streets which made the city glitter prettily. He felt nice and calm while looking at it. A soft smile curled on his lips.

Slowly he turned his head to have a look at their neighbouring houses. Most windows were filled with light now, too. The warm smell of food found its way to his nose. Someone close buy must be cooking dinner. It smelled incredible. JinYoung's stomach began to rumble loudly when the delicious smell of curry filled his nose. He hasn't eaten anything for dinner yet. Actually, he wasn't even sure if he had eaten lunch that day. Soothingly, he rubbed his tummy and walked back inside, his mind set on making something good to eat for dinner. Maybe JaeBeom, JaeYoon and Chrigu would join him, too.

With long steps he crossed his flat and walked out of his door. He was surprised to see that the light in their shared kitchen was already . JinYoung happily grinned at the thought that he might be lucky and he'd be able to just eat with the others without doing all the cooking himself. However, no delicious smell filled the air and there were no sounds of cutting vegetables either. He didn't hear the air exhaust too which indicated that there probably was no cooking going on in the kitchen at the moment. An unfamiliar sound from the kitchen, however, reached his ears and made him even more curious. If he wouldn't know it better he would say that someone was sobbing quietly.

With silent steps he walked down the corridor towards the kitchen. Only a few steps later, however, he stopped in his tracks. From where he was standing he had a perfect view of the dining table which was placed on the right side of the entrance. Usually it was all cleaned up with a small flower in the middle. JinYoung had learned that the table was mainly used to eat and occasionally do homework on. Other than that it stayed empty. Now, however, dozens of pieces of papers were spread on it. Various coloured post-its were put on the documents as well. The whole table looked like a mess. There was no system to the way the papers were laid out at all. Or at least there was none that JinYoung would easily identify as such. However, it wasn't the papers on the t

Please log in to read the full chapter