JJxDara

More than a Selfie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dara adjusted bonnet. Argghh… She feels like she’s overdressing for the situation. She put on her mauve Balenciage trench coat, arranged her hair, and took a deep breath. Why is she so nervous?

 

Her phone beeped.

 

“Downstairs. J” The message read.

 

He’s ten minutes early. She's so not ready for this date. She’s not satisfied with the way she looks. This will have to do.

She replied “On my way down.”

 

 

Jaejoong turned the volume up of his phone’s music player and decided to turn it back down again. He’s sweating in this subzero weather. He mentally checked himself: his hair seems to be in the right place, his long sleeved cuffs are too stiff to his liking, and he feels like choosing to wear trouser pants was the wrong kind of decision. He was also starting to worry if Dara would enjoy the place. When she invited him as a way of saying thank you, he immediately said yes and asked if he can decide where they can meet. It was too good an opportunity to pass up to spend time with her, away from prying eyes. But she hates the cold, and he’s taking her to somewhere really cold because he’s stupid like that. He packed several heating pads and wool sweaters just in case. It’s too late to reserve any place now really and hope it’s quiet and private enough.

 

He noticed his phone buzzing with a notification. Dara’s on her way down.

 

In his nervousness, he began tinkering with his phone’s music player again.

 

 

“Hi. Happy New Year!” Dara greeted Jae.

 

“Happy New Year!” He responded. He helped her put her seatbelts on. There really wasn’t any need to but he will use whatever excuse he can to get close to her. It made him sound like a huge ert.

 

“So, where are we going?” She asked him.

 

“Nothing fancy really. Just somewhere quiet. So... how are you?” He answered her while getting ready to do a turn when the road clears.

 

“Great actually. Thanks for, you know, stuff.”

 

"Don't mention it.”

 

For one reason or another, they could not really look at each other. Jaejoong pretended to concentrate on driving while Dara pretended to observe the streetscape.

 

Jae cleared his throat.

 

“It’s about a 20-minute drive from here. You’re feeling warm, right?”

 

“As warm as can be.”

 

“That’s good. It’s going to be little cold. Just a little.”

 

They lapsed into comfortable silence. After a 20-minute drive high up the mountains, Jaejoong stopped the car.

 

“We’re here.”

 

Dara was already pressing her hands and face in the window. “Oh. Wow. Look at this place.”

 

It took her a fraction of a second to get out of the car and walk towards the ledge where a bench is located. The gods are kind. It stopped snowing today so the view of Seoul is clear.

 

“Careful, okay? I’ll just get a few things.”

 

He took the heating pads and his thermal jug out and walked towards Dara. He placed another sweater around Dara’s shoulders. Dara sat down in the bench thinking Jae would too but before sitting down, he crouched in front of her and wrapped a scarf around her neck. Without saying another word, he took her hands and placed warming pads on them. Only then, did he sit down beside her. She was blushing like crazy now.

 

“Are you warm?”

 

“Yyyeah… Yeah, I am.”

 

Darn this man! He’s so sweet and thoughtful without even realizing it.

 

“Here.” He handed her something warm. She placed the heating pads in her lap and took the thermal jug from his hands. She was wracking her brain for a topic so he won't notice the blush on her face.

 

“How did you find this place? It’s so quiet. I noticed we passed by a gate on our way here. Is this private property?”

 

“It is. If we walk towards that tree, we’ll see a house. Let’s head there a bit. It’ll be too cold for you here.”

 

“Okay. Who owns this place? Must be loaded. It’s close to Seoul but secluded and really breathtaking.”

 

“Hmmm… Not as breathtaking as you.” Jaejoong muttered under his breath.

 

“What?” She heard him but she wanted to her it again.

 

“What?” He assumed disbelief.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter