Birthday

More than a Selfie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaejoong was pacing the studio back and forth. He was getting ready for his comeback but his mind was filled with other thoughts. It had been days since he has last seen Dara. Although they kept in touch regularly: sending each other DMs and calling each other nightly, he can't help but miss her. He wanted to see her again. 

He decided to send her a message. Maybe they can meet up somewhere private. He just really needed to see her. His dilemma, now, was how to ask her to hang out with him. Sending her a message asking if she's free is a bit too direct. They hung out whenever they can but this part of asking her out always makes him nervous. 

It turns out he didn't have to wait long. He got a message from Dara. He felt a little embarrased how giddy he actually felt just receiving a message from her.

Dara: Hey, hey. What you doin? Hope I'm not interrupting anything.

He was smiling from ear to ear and sang 311's lyric "I'd stop the world and melt with you~~" 

JJ: Nothing important, Dee. What you doin? And hey, hey.

Dara: Well, your birthday's coming up. Are you busy today? Let's celebrate it. I will be abroad promoting during your bday. 

Oh, right, his birthday is coming up. More importantly, she's inviting him! Who's the luckiest man in the world?! Kim Jaejoong is the luckiest man in the world.

JJ: Let's do that! You don't need to get me any present. You being there is enough. 

Right after he sent that, he wished he could take it back. Spending time with her and keeping in touch with her were two things that made him happiest in the world but he'd be lying if he said he was satisfied with that. He was getting greedy he knows and he tied to keep himself checked. There are times though his desires leak out such as that text.

His brooding didn't go on for long. She sent him the location and the time for their meet-up. Jaejoong shoved all his worries aside and focused on how to make the most out of his date with Dara. 
 


There it is again. The all too familiar anticipation, giddiness, and nervousness all rolled into one. She should have not undertaken this birthday celebration all by herself. She wanted to invite Jaejoong's friends but it would probably make the situation more complicated. It was difficult to explain what they are and for that matter, what they were. Sure, they were exes, which was only known to a handful of their friends, but what are they now really? Besides, he helped her so much these past few weeks. An appreciation is very much in order.

Dara heard her phone notification. She was thinking it was from Jae but she got a message from Chaerin.

CL: Just go ahead and tell him that you're okay being in a relationship with him. It's not that difficult, unnie.

For the past few weeks, Dar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter