Courage

More than a Selfie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Please, Dara, there is something I'd like to say..."

He was still holding her hand in his and he squeezed it as if it was the source of his strength.

"Please... I... I know you probably don't want to hear it, but I... This is selfish of me to make you want to listen to it. Dara, I'm sorry. I'm sorry for what I've done to you in the past. I was an every step of the way. I feel so ashamed of myself whenever I think about it.”

Dara pulled her hand away from his and hugged herself. That hurt him but he continued. She has not walked away from him so that's a good sign.

"If I can take everything back, I would. I said so many mean, unfair, stupid things to you. Right after I said we should break up, I regretted it but I was too much of an then to stop you from walking away. I thought what I was doing was right. When you stopped talking to me and refused seeing me, I wanted to die so badly but I was so angry too at nothing and no one in particular.

"While in the military, I realized that I was actually angry at myself. There was no one to blame but me. I ended us because I was jealous and insecure all the time. If I had only realized how you felt for me then, who knows what we could have now?


"I’m so sorry for all the pain that I've caused you. I’m so sorry for myself.  I can't blame you if you just ignore me and stop talking to me. That's more than I deserve. I'm glad that you're talking to me now but I feel that I need to say it and do something about it. I can’t pretend that we’re all good when I haven’t even apologized."

Jaejoong felt like his lungs were burning as if he was running a marathon. Dara was not looking at him; her hands still to herself. The silence stretched on forever and his entire being was rooted right on the spot. He was suffering but he can’t help relish every moment with this woman next to him because who knows it might be the last time they would be together like this, as close as this.

"Jae..."

He almost didn't wish her to speak. This was how it must feel like when the guilty is handed down their sentence.

"I forgive you. I've forgiven you long before. I wish it were different. The way we ended, I mean. But there's no use crying over spilt milk.”

She turned her little head to face him. Her gaze soft and forgiving but her eyes glistened with unshed tears.

“You’re right. I didn’t want to hear it. My old habit of ignoring things resurfaces sometimes. I’m happy you went ahead and told me, Jae. It was the apology that I never thought I needed but it turns out, it’s the sole thing that can really make me at peace with myself. We're okay.”

Jaejoong could not believe his ears. He knew Dara was kind; she was the kindest person he knew. With everything he has heard from her tonight though, she should be in the running for being a saint.

“Hey. Still with me? I can’t believe the great and almighty Master Kim Jaejoong has apologized to me. Did that make you lose your head? Wanna take the apology back?”

He laughed at what she said. “I always apologize to you. Back with that great and almighty again; that’s really embarrassing, you know.”

“So how do you want me to describe you? Gorgeous? Insanely hot? Vampire Jaejoong?”

“Those

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter