New Beginning

More than a Selfie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After hours of staring at nothing in partciular, Jaejoong finally moved. He called his manager to have him cancel all his schedules for two days. He will not be over her for two days; he will never be over her-- ever. But two days gives him enough reprieve to not be a crying mess in front of the cameras.

He had not heard back from Dara at all, but she's read his message all right. It's better that he does not hear anything from her. He wants to take it back. He wants to be with her, but his way of loving her is wrong. That much he knows. Dara deserves someone who will support her through and through. She needs someone she can come home to every night to tell her that everything is okay. That's not him. He's someone who is petty and jealous. His narrow-minded view will only hold her back. He promised her, in what seemed like ages ago, that he has changed. Evidently, he has not. He couldn't even call her and tell her properly.
He's a jerk and all this pain and suffering that he is feeling now are all warranted.

He opened his hotel windows and looked down on a rainy Tokyo night. It has been raining all day. The world is a reflection of the raging storm he has in his heart.

My god, the pain is suffocating.

Jaejoong looked for alcohol in his mini-bar. Fancy hotels have probably dealt with stupid boyfriends like him frequently enough that they keep an alcohol stash whether you request for it or not. He uncorked the bottle of whiskey from his suite's mini-bar.

Here's to drowning your sorrows away. He somberly thought.

Jaejoong finished the bottle of whiskey in no time. He can feel the alcohol coursing through his veins. He should stop but his sorrows were still too busy swimming. He needs it to numb himself from all this pain that he caused on himself. The alcohol was not enough. He raided the mini-bar and found a bottle of scotch and beer. He'll empty that until he falls asleep.


---

Finally, he's numb but his world is spinning too. He stood up to make his way to his bedroom but his knees buckled, making him crash to the floor. He's ready to puke his guts out but the thought of cleaning up made him keep everything down. Sleeping on the floor seemed like a good idea so he'll do that. He can hear the distant sound of his phone ringing so he fished it out of his pockets. Even in his drunken stupor, he vaguely hoped it was Dara. Anything from her would be welcome even if she was cursing or wishing him hell, he'd cherish it.

"Jaejoong, are you okay? Man, I'm worried about you."

He grunted. It was just his manager.

He mumbled something in reply and everything went black.

He slept on the cold floor god knows how long. There were snatches of clarity in his drunken state. He heard someone calling his name. He felt being lifted into something soft. He felt something damp-- like a wet cloth in his face. Jaejoong cracked his eyes open a little bit and saw Dara's face.

That can't be right.

He was clearly very drunk. He begged his brain to at least get him to forget even for now. He'll face everything tomorrow.

---


Jaejoong was roused from sleep because of his thirst. It was ten in the morning when he checked his phone. He abruptly stood up and went to the bathroom. If the nausea hits, it's better if he's in the restroom for that. He felt like . He probably looked and smelt like too. When he looked at the mirror, he wanted to punch his reflection. He settled for brushing his teeth and washing his face.

Last night's drunken binge still has not left his system completely so he dragged his feet back to his bedroom half-awake. He pulled the matress to his face and muttered Dara's name over and over.

"I'm here." A voice said. He felt the bed shift just a tiny bit.

He bolted upright amd immediately regretted it. His entire world was spinning again so he had to lean back in the bedframe to steady himself.

"Easy." Dara's apparition said.

He wanted to talk but he was fighting a battle against nausea and vertigo. Plus, he needed time to think. Something hallucinatory must be laced in the whiskey or scotch, he's seeing things now.

His brain might be reeling from the worst hangover of his life but he noticed a few odd things. None of the mess of last night left any traces in the living room or in the mini-bar. He knew people dragged him to bed last night. It might be Kyungtae and someone else. But his bed looked like it had been slept in by two people. Kyungtae would definitely not do that.

"I made a berry banana shake for you, for that nasty hangover."

That voice was unmistakable. It was Dara. She is here.

"Dara." He finally opened hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter