Smokescreens and Diversions

More than a Selfie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaejoong was glad he didn't have any time to think about it. He expected the butterflies in his stomach and the overwhelming happiness he would feel when he would see her. Those really came when Dara opened the door for him but his feelings were amplified ten-folds. He had meant everything he said about this being his best birthday.

When he looked up not seeing her there while he was playing with the cats, he felt so empty so he immediately followed her. There was this insane desire to just touch her but he reined it in, instead, he stood very close to her. That closeness was ultimately his undoing. He was again captivated by her, by her beauty, needless to say, but by her too, all of her. What happened next was him acting on pure instinct alone. He had reached out to cup her face, but he wasn't ready for the softness that met him, he ended up dipping his lips to hers.

Jaejoong felt internal panic and despair when their lips made contact and Dara didn't respond. He still had his brain intact to disengage but when he felt her little hand in his waist, when he felt her responding to him, it was all that he needed as encouragement and he kissed her, pouring as much as he can with that kiss. He was a parched man who walked miles and miles of an arid desert who finally found an oasis. He tried to be gentle but all the years without Dara by his side caught up to him, and his kiss became hungrier, deeper, and fiercer.

If only they didn't need to come up for air, and if only he didn't hear Dara whispering his name, he would have gotten lost in that kiss forever and willingly so.

"Dee... Baby... I hope you didn't feel that I was pushing you. Nod if I need to apologize." He dreaded the thought that he forced her into it but he had to make sure he wasn't seeing what he wanted to see or feel things he wanted to be there when they really aren't.

In what seems like an eternity to Jae, Dara shook her head.

"So you're saying... it really is mutual, right?"

"Aigoo... why are you making me say it?" She hugged him to cover her blushing face.

He laughed heartily.

"Sandara Park, I really like you. I have never stopped liking you."

"I like you too, Kim Jaejoong. Obviously. This is embarrassing." She was still hiding her face with her arms s around his waist.

He planted another kiss on top of her head.

"Sandara Park, please be my girlfriend. I promise to be the best boyfriend I can ever be. I promise to be a better person than the last time."

"I will be your girlfriend, Kim Jaejoong. I promise to be the best girlfriend too. Uuuggh. Why are we so formal?" She hugged him even tighter. Embarrassment tinged her voice.

He held her face up to him.

"Because, Dee, there are some things that really have to be said." As her magnetic orbs looked up to his, he can't help but feel shy himself.

"Don't look at me like that. I'm getting embarrassed too." He pressed her head back to his chest again and hugged her tight.

"We're so ridiculous," said Dara whose voice is muffled because she was still hugging Jaejoong tightly. "Happy birthday, Jae."

"Thanks, Dee. This is the best thing ever."
 

And again, he meant every word he said.
 



Even though both of them are so busy with their schedules and commitments, they made it a point to try to see each other often as they can. It required a lot of effort to be able to see each other especially when they had to fly in and out of the country for their shoots and promotions. Keeping it secret was also an added thing to worry about. Both had the implicit understanding that anything public would just be a distraction to their recently renewed relationship.

It does not make one any less lonely though.

Jaejoong was feeling particularly lonely in Japan. He has texted Dara four hours ago but hasn't received any reply from her. She did say she was going to be busy with a photo-shoot. He has to stop being so freakin' needy and start focusing on his activities. Good thing, the next few days involve a lot of studio recordings for him.

Must keep busy... must keep busy... He has to do his best. He knows Dara is doing her best too. Jaejoong-fighting!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter