Déjà Vu

More than a Selfie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It wasn’t even half a day since Dara saw Jaejoong last, but she’s beginning to miss him terribly. She’ll send him a message once she’s home. She knows he’s busy filming for his variety shows today. It won’t do to keep bothering him all the time.

Her cats greeted her home and rather than be glad, Dara felt like it’s not right to be home and not feel it at all. Whenever she sees her cats, she remembers Jae and the birthday party she threw for him.

She’s fallen deep, way too deep. Bless her heart if all this fails, how would she ever cope?

That’s no way to think, Dara. This won’t be like the last time.

She checked the time. It should be a good hour until Jae finishes his shoot. She’ll call him after an hour and 30 minutes for good measure.

 

---

 

Dara was all set for bed and checked her phone again. A couple of minutes left and she’ll call Jaejoong. She hasn’t told him that she was already home. He might worry.

It was then that her phone rang.

 

“Dara? Babe?” came the urgent voice of Jaejoong.

“Hi, Jae. Did you wrap up early?” She answered.

“No. Not yet. One more take. I called because I was just worried that I didn’t hear anything from you.”

“I’m okay, Jae. I’m home now. I didn’t want to bother you so I waited to text you.”

“Please, Dara, don’t ever think of yourself as a bother. I was so worried when I didn’t hear anything from you. Call me next time or DM me?”

“Hmmm…”

“Don’t hmmm me.”

“Yes, mom.”

“Hey.”

“Yes, babe. I will do that.”

 

Jae chuckled on the other line. His girl knows how to appease him alright.

“Promise?”

“Promise.”

“I have to go now, okay? Can I call you back once I’m done here? Wouldn’t you be sleeping then?”

“Nope. Please call me, Jae. I’m going over some things for tomorrow’s Cheese in the Trap events.”

"Okay. Talk to you later. I miss you."

"I miss you too.You can't even imagine how much."

"I think I can. Talk to you later."  

---

Jae called her again. Although she was already feeling drowsy, they still talked for a long time over the phone. It lessened the aching feeling in her heart because she wanted to be with him terribly. She’ll take next best thing though. She shared all her worries with him about all the events in the movie promotions. It’s her first time after all.

 

“You’ll do great, babe. Just do you. When you do you, everything will be all right.” Jae assured her.

“You think?”

“No. I don’t think. I know.”

“Awww… Who’s my number 1 fan?”

“Kim Jaejoong is your number 1 fan, babe. Do your best, okay? I think it’s time for you to rest now.”

“I feel better now, Jae. Thank you. I will do my best.”

“Good night, babe. Dream of me.”

“Stop teasing. Good night. See you in my dreams.”

It really feels good to have someone support you. Dara thought to herself. She'll sleep a little better now.

 

 

What he meant when he said “Do your best” was certainly not this. Jaejoong was already wary of Park Hae-Jin but it turns out he was the least of his worries. Why does this Kim Hyun-Jin have to be so close to his Dara? There really is no need to touch her all the time, dude. What is wrong with this guy?!

He exhaled loudly and kicked the table in front of him lightly. But not light enough to avoid surprising one of the producers who came to tell him they have begun shooting.

 

“Ah… Kim Jaejoong-san, we’re starting now.”

“Oh okay. I’m on my way.”

 

He was but his mind was certainly elsewhere.

---

Even though Jaejoong felt like , he was able to finish the scene in one take. Was he a masochist for wanting to go back to his misery right away? He was miserable because this Kim Hyun-Jin guy keeps sticking close to Dara. Why was Dara allowing him? He shouldn’t really have told her to do her best.

Fan service. It’s all fan service. He told himself over and over again.

His phone beeped and saw that the message was from Dara. He shoved his misery elsewhere.

 

Dara: How are you? I didn’t know fan meets for movies are this fun.

 

What does she mean by this? Dara, that Kim Hyun-Jin sheepface is flirting with you. Babe, please. He kept himself checked though.

 

Glad you’re having fun. Gotta run. I have a scene to shoot. Talk you later.

 

He lied but he’d rather lie than say what he wants to say.

---

That was odd. He sounds a little abrupt. I really shouldn’t have texted him. He’s super busy after all. Dara thought to herself.

 

“Dara, we’re here.” Yeonseo nudged her a bit. “Are you okay?”

“Yep, yeah. I’m fine.”

 

She’ll call him later to make sure everything is okay.

 

But she was not able to. When she got home, she was so exhausted from the days’ activities that she just hit the bed after washing her face. She meant to call him. Her fingers were literally on his contact information but the day’s events eventually took a toll on her. Dara did not know there was a very worried and miserable Kim Jaejoong in another country waiting for her.

---

Dara was n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter