Changes

More than a Selfie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Is everyone having fun? Surprise! Surprise! An afterparty! Everyone is invited." Seungri proclaimed at least ten decibels higher than what the human ear is used to. He began to bounce around the different groups excitedly with his manic energy that is the trademark of the evil maknae.

Daesung, Youngbae, and GD came in together with Seungri but their entrance was not as dramatic as the maknae's but no less enthusiastic. They, too, greeted and thanked their friends. GD spotted Jaejoong and Dara and headed their way.

Jaejoong wanted to continue talking to Dara but the booming voice of Seungri made it impossible. As he saw GD approaching them, he stiffened. There were so many emotions running through him that he wasn't sure how he would react to GD with Dara so near him. When this night started, he only thought about having fun. Everything in him went haywire when Dara came in. He went from apprehensive to embarassed to brooding to happy to ecstatic in less than an hour. Weighing on his soul most of all was how Dara reacted when he turned to her. She took a step back. Whether from fear or disgust of his forwardness, he didn't know. And now... GD. 
 



"JJ-hyung, glad you could make it." GD gave Jaejoong a quick pat on the shoulder. "I thought you were too busy."

"Nah. My schedule's open until the second week of January, I think. After that, well, let's just say, I hope I'm healthy for the entire thing." 

GD chuckled. "I'm sure you'll do great, hyung. If there's anyone who can get through anything, it's gonna be you." GD paused and resumed in a more serious tone...

" Man, it sure feels different out there tonight. This whole enlistment thing is the only thing I can think about."

"Hey... been there before. Just hang in there. Pretty sure you'll do great." Jaejoong elbowed GD a little bit. To say military enlistment is tough is an understatement. 

"Yeah. I hope so, hyung." GD mumbled to himself. 

"Oi, Dara-ajumma, why so quiet? Also thinking about my enlistment, neh? You're gonna miss this oppa-like dongsaeng." GD pouted at Dara while tugging the sides of her bonnet with both hands.

"Jiyong, stop that. You're gonna ruin my hat." Dara responded while slapping both of GD's hands. 

Jaejoong watched GD and Dara with hawk-like eyes. He was trying his hardest to detach himself from the situation and analyze it. GD's playful attitude towards Dara was still the same, but was there something different with the way Dara looked at GD now? He swore he saw a change on her expression. He bit the insides of his cheeks to prevent himself from saying something he's sure to regret. He felt a churning in his stomach and he had to clench and unclench his hands to make sure he is still in control. A part of him was revolting to the idea of how GD was so familiar towards Dara. Another part of him was reminding himself that GD practically knew nothing of their two years together. The only people who knew were the other 2ne1 girls and Seunghyun. He had to make Seunghyun swore on his life to keep it quiet. Because Dara wanted it that way. Yes, she wanted it to be that way. 

That last thought was something he was so fam

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter