Ease

More than a Selfie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dara wanted to refuse, but the feel of Jaejoong's touch on her elbow was too much for her. It required all her concentration to get both of her feet moving without being entangled with each other, so she kept shut. She was probably letting it show on her face because as soon as they stepped out the room, Jaejoong abruptly let her go.

"Sorry. Did that make you uncomfortable?" He asked. Concern obvious in his voice.

"What? Uh. No. Uhm... Thanks for walking me out." 

"Listen..." Jaejoong began tentatively. Where does he want to begin? He has to begin somewhere, but where exactly? 

"Jae, thanks. You should go back to the party. The boys will flip if they notice that you're gone too. I'll stay here and call my manager for a ride home."

"Oh... You didn't bring your car? Let me take you home then."

"No need, Jae. I'm all good by myself."

"Your manager would probably not want to miss the party. As for me, I need to be home early. I have a shoot tomorrow afternoon so I can take you home. I'm on my way out anyway."

None of the things he said made any sense. He's pretty sure Dara's manager would be glad to see her home safe. He also just told GD that he's free until January so he's hoping Dara ignores that lie. If Dara still lived in Itaewon, that's about an hour drive from his place. It's not just dropping her off; it's really out of his way, but logic can go itself. 

"Come on, Dara. Let's get out of here. My car's parked in the basement." 

He used all the acting skills he's picked up all these years to be nonchalant about the entire thing making it seem like it was just a friendly gesture and nothing else. He tugged Dara's jacket gently as if saying she should just let things flow. After a couple of steps forward, he heard the rustling of Dara's jacket indicating her moving towards him. Jaejoong wanted to do a victory dance. 
 



They were driving to an upscale neighborhood in Itaewon in silence with a bluesy rock song in the background. Jaejoong was not sure if this silence was comfortable but his heart was about to get uncaged leaping in joy. They did not exchange a lot of words after the initial conversation in the car. One thing he knew was he felt good, content, giddy, and excited. Having her beside him was the most natural thing in the world. With her around, it feels like he's home. Being with her like this reminds him of the old days too much. Their dates used to be like this. In cars and darkened bars and coffee shops. 

"You can pull up near the convenience store, Jae. I'll just buy something and walk from here." Dara softly said.

Jaejoong broke his reverie and internally cursed. He was so happy he really didn't talk for the entire time. He slowly s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter