8 Hurt

Young daddy

"He's seeing someone"

The words were like echos in his head. He is seeing someone as in he likes someone who is not him. It's hard imagining the one he likes or maybe loves, smiling to someone else, being close to him, kissing him and maybe falling for him, when himself couldn't even make the other see him as a man. That hurts. 

"That's why he was acting like he did and wanted me out." Daehyun said to himself. He was alone in his room thinking about what was told. 

"Who's that guy anyway?" Is he worth it?  That guy better not hurt Jae. He could be as old or adults as you want, it won't stop me from killing him. I shouldn't have leave Yongguk's apartment after the news. Maybe there was more to hear. I don't think i'd be ready anyway. This made me depressed, I just want to stay in bed, and maybe cry. It's like a knife pierced my heart. That's only been two months since our first meeting and I already feel like a heartbroken husband after finding his wife in bed with another man. Falling In love in two months, is that really possible or it's just a stupid crush? I mean, I'm still young. But those feelings are so deep. I feel like I'm dying knowing he's with someone else. I feel worse thinking one day he'll tell him 'I love you'. I know now I have no chance with him. But should I give up or keep trying ?

 

"Did he come back to school? " Himchan asked his boyfriend. 

"Still not." Sight the other. He was worried, his friend never acted like this before, especially for love. Even when his mother left. Maybe because he was too young, but still.

"We should check on him" The older was worry too. He felt guilty for telling the boy about his love interest. 

"I tried. No answer. Text, call, visit. The only option is waiting for his father to go home. The man is always overseas tho." Informed the younger. "I can't continue playing babysitter. I like your friend's kids, but I do have things to do you know." The last thing Daehyun told him is 'Don't feel like coming, take care of the kids for me, I'll owe you as always. Thanks.' The good friend he is, he helped his friend. 

"We'll think about that another time. For now your friend is going through his first heartbreak." Scolded Himchan. 

"You're right, I'm just tired and concern about my only best friend." 

"Let's go find him again."

 

After thinking again and again, Daehyun thought it was time he left the house, he needed air. He didn't feel like going to school yet, but he was still babysitter for two kids. 

So here he was watching cartoons with his two 'nephews'. He missed them and apparently it's the same for them. He met Yongguk at the middle school, both were going to take the kids. The other jumped on him before punching his arms 'You ignored your best friend and appears like nothing happened you motherer.' He said. After that, Daehyun apologized and explained what he planned to do. They talked a bit before going each their side with a promess to hangout just like before.

"Guys, let's check if our cake cooled." They baked a cake to celebrate their reunion. Short reunion because the high schooler had plans. He liked babysitting the two brothers but things would be harder now that he knows.

"Let's add more decorations now. I want whip cream and smarties." Jongup said.

"What did we buy? We should put everything." Daehyun enthusiastically add, ruffling the older brother's hair. The noise of an opening door made the three cooks stop their work. Like a dejavu. 

"Hi ? You are?" The newcomer, a man, asked.

"I'm Daehyun, the babysitter."

"Oh, this is JB. Mom's friend." Jongup who heard them talk, came to see who's the guest. Friend, so that's him. Stay cool, don't kill the guy.

"I'm Jaebum, the boyfriend. Nice to meet you." Said the man giving Daehyun a strong handshake. "Hi guys." This time his attention was on the kids. "Jae is not home yet?"

"Looks like he's not, doesn't it?" It was hard to pretend everything was okay.

"I'll wait then. You can go,  I watch after the kids until he comes home." He's trying to make me leave?

"I want to wait until my boss comes back to give him my resignation." I coldly said. 

"Oh that's great for you. Kids should concentrate more on school while they can." That said. Daehyun decided to keep his mouth shut before anything bad left his mouth. He took the kids back in the kitchen where the cake was still waiting for them. It's better he stayed away from the man until the mother came.

I can't believe he already gave him a key when they just met. I didn't know someone as delicate, sweet and beautiful as Youngjae would be into this. The guy not only try to make me go, but he called me a kid. I'm more a man than him damn it. Arrogant bastard, another minute with him and it'd end with his blood everywhere. I could be a better, much better man for Jae. Even the children know that. And I'll make sure I'm always their favorite, even if I have to buy them. You can take my place in mama's heart, but a parent always listen to their children. We'll see who they love the most between him and I. 

Once again, the noise of the door interrupted them. They were still in the kitchen, ready to taste the cake, while the boyfriend was watching t.v. in the other room.

"I'm home." Said the smooth voice the student already missed. The two monsters didn't react, busy with the delicious cake.

"Oh you're here, I was waiting for you. I missed you." Jaebum said, kissing his lover. Let's say those kissing noises made Daehyun blood boil.

"What a surprise to see you here before me. Where are my little men?" Asked the happy mother. That was nice to go home to someone waiting for you. Someone warm and strong who can hold you the night. The feeling was nice.

"They're in the kitchen with the babysitter." There was another kissing noise before being replaced by steps. Stay calm dude, you got this.

"Oh, look who's back." Said the mother all smile. At least he's happy.

"Hi boss."  why did I say that ?

"You should have tell me you needed vacations." Just like you told me you were seeing someone. 

"In fact, I'm here to tell you I'm quitting. Of course I'll wait until you officially find someone to leave for good." The younger said, avoiding the pretty mother's eyes.

"Is there something wrong?" He asked worry.

"It's okay I'm just... busy with work and exams." Lied the boy. Of course the other didn't buy that, his friend told him how the heartbroken boy disappeared worrying Yongguk and himself. The mother couldn't believe the reason was him being with someone. And he didn't know what to say to that. He still couldn't take the crush seriously. 

"I understand." Was all he could say.

"Um okay. I should go now." The young man took his jacket in hand then kissed the kids' forehead. Gotta get out of here. I feel like suffocating. 

"Wait." Youngjae said, facing the back of the student. "Stay for dinner." They used to eat all together nearly everynight this last months. Sometimes Daehyun would cook with the kids and sometimes it's the mother.

"Please." Sight the sad one. "I really need to go." He disappeared after that.