2 Life introduction

Young daddy

Italic is Daehyun's thoughts for all the story.

 

 

I'm home." Daehyun said, not expecting any answer. He was just used to it. His mother was not there anymore to reply. She left his father and him to live her American dream. That's what she said anyway. After that, no news.

"Son, in my office." Called his father. That was the first time the man was home that soon since the mother left. An ordinary day would be an empty house. The door of the office was open, the man behind the office was still in his work attire.

"Uh... you called?" Asked the student, unsure. He didn't know how to behave around his father. Hard to believe the two used to be very close before. His father never missed a moment to spend time with his family, that was before his mother left. Now rare are the days he sees his father anymore. 

"Yes, how was your game? It was the last of the season right!?" The man asked.

"Yeah, we won, that's good." Daehyun faked a smile. It was really uncomfortable. It was like talking to a stranger.

"Congratulations son." The father said proudly. 

"Uh thank you, can I leave now?" 

"Not yet. Please have a sit." Here's the real conversation Thought Daehyun. "As you know the summer break is coming."

"Yeah."

"I thought maybe, since you're the next CEO of the company here in Korea, you could work by my side and learn you know..."

"Dad, we already talked about that. I want to wait at least until university to start boring things like that." Cutted Daehyun.

"I know, but just think about it alright !?" 

"I will dad." He sight. His father seemed satisfy by the answer. Daehyun didn't wait another minute to leave the room.

 

"I can't believe you literally enrolled me on a dating site." Said Youngjae in disbelief. 

"That's not that crazy." Answered Himchan scrolling through the website. 

"No but that's stupid. I don't need a man. Do I look that desperate to you!?" The younger of the two asked. "You know what, don't answer." He added seeing his friend's expression.  

"Look, it's not a big deal. You talk to guys who already know you have children. You meet interesting ones, and see what happens. I'm not telling you to find the prince charming, just have fun." Advised the older.

"I'm past that time Himchan." 

"You sound so old, man." Hard to believe Youngjae was the younger and not Himchan.

"We'll talk about that again, when you'll have children." 

"Anyway, did you find someone to babysit my dear nephews after school? You start next month, remember." Himchan accepted to let Youngjae work for him. He always considered he didn't need a secretary, but if it's to help a friend, why not giving it a chance.

"I'm sorry Himchan, I didn't really look for one. I'll start tomorrow, sure." When you have a routine for so long, it's hard to change things. Youngjae never worked since his last kid's birth. Suddenly, he'd have to change his ways.

"I can ask Yongguk to ask his classmates." Suggested the older.

"Sure, ask your kid of boyfriend." 

"We're just friends. At least I didn't sleep with him." Insisted Himchan on the second part.

"I shouldn't have tell you about that student from the bar." Youngjae crossed the arms. Of course he'd tell his best friend about that night. The other was surprise by how easily his friend got that boy in his bed. He always tell him he got the looks and he could get any man. Youngjae's beauty was no joke. But the younger always tried to find excuses. That night though, when the young man came, a strange need to be touch, kiss, dominated went through his body. And the handsome guy wasn't complicated, he wanted the same thing.

"You can't hide anything, I'm your best friend."

"I wonder why." Mumbled the mother. They've been friends since so long. They were still little kids when they met. Just like Daehyun and Yongguk.

 

"Man I swear your mother is the best cook ever." Daehyun said, hand rubbing his full tummy. Yongguk lived alone in an apartment near the city centre and his mother often dropped by with homemade food for him and his friend, who was most of the time with him. The couch was practically Daehyun's bed. 

"That's why she likes you. You're a fatass." 

"I'm not, I just can recognize when food is good." The slightly younger defends himself. 

"Oddly I never heard you said something tastes bad." 

"If that can satisfy your need to hear my professionalism, oysters are disgusting."

"I like oysters, hoe." 

"I always knew you were weird. But you confirm it everyday my friend." This is what best friends conversations looked like. They consider each other like brothers. When you grow up in an unstable family with no siblings to understand you, you turn to your best friend, and make him a member of your family. Like Daehyun,  Yongguk's family is far from perfect. His father died when he was a little kid. His mother and his aunt raised him and did their best to make sure he didn't need anything. Now he's doing his best to repay them. School is his way out to a better future. The two met in kindergarten, when Daehyun went to his friends and explained them his mother left the family. Yongguk started hanging with him at school then out of school, the two sharing their fears and joy. Because the older already knew that feeling. Losing someone. Even if Daehyun's mother is probably still alive, somewhere. At that young age, it was like losing her for ever. And since then, he never heard of her. Even if only months separate them, Daehyun always saw a big brother in him. Yongguk was already independent, mature, intelligent, a model for him. Daehyun's father being CEO of a big company, of course he could have his own place if he wanted to, but he was not ready to live alone. That's why he was always at his friend's. He needed something, maybe a kick in the to help him be a man. A wake up call. Despite his proud body, making him look like a real man, he still felt like a kid inside.