7 Changes

Young daddy

Honestly, after that friendly date, things became more natural between the high schooler and the mother. He even thought he might have a chance with him. The older seemed more comfortable and more touchy with Daehyun. Well, touchy as in friendly hugs and pet on the head. The last thing looked more like a mother gesture. It's been two months already since that not date, and after that, several others not-date-just-lunch happened. Sometimes Youngjae would even go home larer because of 'work', trusting the babysitter with his sons. 

But all that positives throughts changed after that day. That day he realized all that was nothing. 

"Kiddo, you sure about that?" Asked Daehyun, reading Jongup's homework. 

"Uncle Dae, it's the fourth time already. Check on your phone, you have internet right!?" The noise of the door opening stop the bickering two.

"Uh hi?" Daehyun said. What was his 'boss' doing here that early?

"Mom!!!" The brothers ran into his legsHimchan was following just behind, he was doing a weird face. Let's say the guy looked constipated. 

"Hey, is there something wrong?" Daehyun asked, trying to find Himchan's avoiding eyes.

"I forgot to tell you, the boys stay at my mother's tonight" The young mother nervously saidoblivious to Daehyun’s worry state.

"Did I do something wrong?" I'm really panicking right now.

"No, no. Don't worry, it's just for today." Replied the mother before texting again. Daehyun noticed that habit. The guy forgot everything around him, concentrating on his phone. He noticed that since his first day as babysitter. 

"Oh okay, you should have tell me. I'd have drive them, instead of you leaving work." 

"Thank you, but don't worry, I have things to do here. Not like I'm in hurry or anything" The atmosphere was strange. Like tense. None of the three men felt comfortable at that moment. That made Daehyun even more curious. 

"How was work today?" He tried another subject. The other seemed so engrossed in his phone. At first the student thought he didn't hear before he replied.

"Hm good. Uh Himchan, can you pack some clothes while I dress them." Himchan left them as fast as possible. Something's wrong here and I don't like that. It's like these two are hiding something. 

"Do you want me to help you with something?" It's like he's avoiding me.

"You have the rest of the afternoon free. Go and enjoy your day, you deserve it" 

"You say that like babysitting you kiddos is a chore. If you want me out just tell me" I know he wants me out. But it's irritating because I don't know what's happening, but I'm certain there's something. Maybe it's better he doesn't want me here, all this is making me crazy. "See you tomorrow." I added, even before he could say anything. I hope I can have answers from my best friend for his lover's behaviour. The guy didn't say a single ing word to me. I know they're hiding something, but what? That's the more frustrating. Is that about me? Maybe he found someone else for his kids, parents prefers girls babysitter, that's well known. I really hope he can trust me enough to tell me everything one day. Soon hopefully. 

 

"You should have tell him." Repeated again the older, since the high schooler left the place.

"I don't know how my life concerns him. I'll tell him when I'll consider it important to share" The mother replied, busying himself with the already clean table.

"You know why you should have tell him. Even if the situation between you two is better, some things are hard not to notice." 

"I told you, everything is good between us. Now I consider him as a friend. Happy?" 

"That's not." Sight Himchan." That's not what I'm trying to say, and you know that." The other was avoiding the main subject.

"Well explain then. Go ahead." The mother was trying to keep his voice low for his children.

"Jae, don't play dumb with me please. We're best friends and you know what I'm talking about." 

"Ok, listen. The first time we met, we ed and that was good. Then we met again and he childishly flirt with me. But he apologised for his behaviour and told me he wanted us to be okay since I'm his boss now. " The younger said. "So if what you're thinking is what I have in head, you're dead wrong."

"I'm wrong?  Or you want me to be wrong?" 

"Does it really matter?"

"I'm sorry, but I have to tell him before he find out another way." 

"You make it sound like it's a big deal." Now, Youngjae was frustrated. He was not the bad guy of the story. Things happens that's all.

"When feelings are involved, it is." Insisted Himchan. 

"Feelings? We're talking about a boy’s little crush. Not love."

"It's more than that. The guy tried to woo you and made sure you see him as an adult. I talk with Guk and...

-and it's not my fault if you know things that I don't. That conversation is over."

 

            ---------------

"It's weird. I feel like he's hiding something, but I don't understand why he would hide it from ME. It's not like we're close friends or anything. I mean you can hide secrets from your friend because you're scare to lose them or like this. But I'm nobody for him." Daehyun was still certain something was off.

"I'm sure you're being paranoid again. Man, you're always like this when you think something's wrong." Yongguk was trying to reassure. 

I didn't imagine things. Right!?

"Did Himchan tell you anything?" 

"Well, he's acting weird lately..." He whispered, the said man being in the bathroom. 

"How so?" I'm freaking out. "Bro, what if they killed someone or robbed a bank. I mean I'll still help them if that would be the case. Do you think I should ask Jae about it?? Oh my god, I shall call him." 

"What the dude. Gimme that phone. You're not calling anybody you hear me?" Okay maybe I was overreacting and over thinking again. But I have my reasons. Even Himchan was acting strange. It's not my imagination. The worst is, I'm falling hard for Jae. It's soon but, should I tell him? He won't take me seriously again. When you're ready to give up your freedom to raise kids and take care of a whole family. It's love right? I tried everything for him to see me as a potential lover. The only option I see, is telling him the whole truth from that night at the bar to now and, if I have to, move on after that. I'm hurting myself more, loving him from away.

"I know that face, and I'm not gonna like your idea, whatever it is." He interrupted my thoughts. 

"I'm gonna tell him." I said, determined. 

"What you talkin bout?" 

"I'll tell him everything. My feelings and all." Right now I'm an hundred per cent confident. I have to tell him before I lose my balls (again)

"Why now? It's too soon." 

"I feel like it's time. Keeping things for myself hurts even more."

"Well if that's what you want, go." 

"Don't." Interrupted a third voice.

"What? I thought you were supportive of us." Not even a week ago he was telling me again how I was making progress with his friend.

"He is seeing someone."