6 Lunch Break

Young daddy

"I drop the jersey." I looked like a boy my age with the football jersey. I have to look like a man.

"Dae, it's just a lunch, not a date. Not for you anyway." I'll explain to you what's happening. Yongguk and his old man/boyfriend planned to have lunch together near his workplace. Since Youngjae is Himchan's secretary and they must eat lunch together, today he'll be alone. That's when the Prince charming appears. Get it? I know, I'm a bright guy. 

"Did you tell your man about me?" 

"No, he doesn't know you're coming. Your mama will be surprise." It's either he takes me or throws me.

"We take my car." The younger said.

"Yeah but bro, just an advice. Don't mention at all the word 'date'. He'll think you're here only for that, and I think he's not ready with you. He doesn't take you seriously." 

"It's a friendly meet up." He corrected.

"Right. Don't be too obvious when you flirt." What's the problem with my flirting tricks?

"Okay, I get it, can we go now?"

"You're the driver, why you asking?"

"Let's go. How do I look?" Asked Daehyun.

"As ugly as usual." His friend replied. 

"Still better than you. ."

"Remind me who has an older boyfriend? Oh yeah, that's me. And who got reject? Hm.. you. Now shut up and drive."

"That's because the one I want got kids, so he's more careful."

"Yeah well I'm not ready to be father yet." Yongguk defended. 

"I was not before meeting him. He could have been mother of ten kids, i'd still be after him." If that's not love, I don't know how to call it. 

"You got it bad bro." I ing do.

"Hey, my father's company is in this area too."

"Park your car under that building." The older pointed a big tower. There were surrounded by towers tho.

"What does Himchan do for a living? The guy must be loaded." Daehyun commented seeing the inside of the building. 

"He's wedding planner for that company." They looked out of place in their sneakers and white shirts.

"Can I help you gentlemen." The receptionist asked. 

"Nah it's okay. The person we're waiting for is coming already." Replied the older boy, his phone in hand.

"Well if you need anything..." The guy was clearly checking Daehyun out.

"Did you tell him to bring Jae with him?"

"No, look, my baby's coming." They were looking at the classy man walking out of the elevator. 

"Aren't they suppose to wear suits here?" Daehyun whispered in his friend's ear.

"Looks like they don't have to." The older looked gorgeous that way.

"Hi guys." Himchan loudly greet, even tho they were just next to him. He pecked lightly his boyfriend's lips and gave Daehyun a quick hug. "How are you Dae? Oh my God, what's on your face?"

"I'm good. I was wondering if my boss would like to have lunch with me since our friends are leaving us. What's wrong with my face?" The young man said playfully then asked more seriously. Yes, the mother is his boss. And even if he didn't get paid, he liked to call the other that.

"For the face, he let the beard grow to look older." The older looked at him with an odd, indescribable expression. 

"He's upstairs, third floor. I'll tell the receptionist to let you go." Simply answered the man.

"And.. uh..  he won't reject me right!?" I don't know him well yet. I can't anticipate his reaction.

"He was kind of mad at me for 'abandoning him' it'll cheer him up." 

"Okay, I'll see you at the car after lunch bro." Daehyun was trying to stay cool, not to show how happy he was inside.

"Does he have a crush on Jae ?" The wedding planner asked once the boy gone. The behavior of their friend was fun.

"It's a bit more than a crush, but yeah, he likes him."

"I'll help him then."

 

As soon as he left the elevator, Daehyun spotted the working man, making his heart beat faster. Why does he look so good ? The secretary was printing documents, so he was now back facing the high schooler. Gives me time to admire his behind. With slow steps, the young man made his way to his love interest. 

"Hi Youngjae." The other jumped a bit, surprised.

"Oh my... you scared me."

"Sorry." Daehyun smiled, trying to hide his embarrassment. 

"What are you doing here?"

"Well, since our friends abandoned us, I thought maybe we could keep each other's company, what do you think ?" That doesn't sound weird right!? I meant that doesn't sound ual? 

"You better have a place in mind, I'm hungry." He smiled.

"Great, I know the area. My company is near?" Yeah, I said my company, I'm the future CEO, why not trying to impress him. I took us to a fancy restaurant, mostly for couples. But he didn't know thatFor me, it's a date. I hope it won't give him wrong ideas about my real intentions. "I come here often with my father to talk about business." I lied. I'd pass as daddy's boy, but not for nothing. "Can we have a table for two please. Oh and you'll send the note to my company." I said giving my father's professional card. I know they'll call the company before, to check the company is mine indeed. My father will cover me.

"And what is your name?" The guy asked. I show him my ID. "Follow me gentlemen." He led us to a romantic table, just like I planned in my head. He then told us a waiter will take our order.

"Why did you do that?" Whispered the older.

"What? It's not only for couples I swear. I come here for business." Daehyun quickly explained.

"I wasn't talking about that. I can pay for my food." Oh I don't think he could have pay a single thing on that card.

"I knew you wouldn't let me, thats why I did." I smiled. I'm full of surprises, even for him.

"Aish, you kid." 

"I'm not a kid." I told him a little too harsh.

"I'm sorry it's just... First you watch my sons for free, then I found my fridge and cabinets full and now that. Are you pitying me ?" Youngjae said.

"What? No. I never planned all that. But you know your kids are my weakness, it's hard to say no to them. And for the restaurant, it's normal I'm the one paying since I'm the one bothering you at your workplace and inviting you.

"Oh. Well. I have to admit it's hard to resist my monsters. Hm. Thank you."

"You know, I myself grew up with an only parent, and even him was never home. I see myself in this children, I want to protect them, make sure they never feel the emptiness I used to feel at that age. So if you let me, I want to spoil them, make them the happiest children and be a person they can lean on when they need it." I don't know if all I said is the truth, but a part is.

"I... I don't know what to say. You're unbelievably good." He was looking at me like I was crazy. But at the same time I know he was touch. Or something similar. I can see a hint of a smile on his pretty face.

"It's okay don't say anythings. Things didn't start well between us. But since you're now my boss, and our friends are dating. I want us to be in good terms. And I hope you could excuse my childish behavior that day at Himchan's." New start for us. New strategy. No more flirty. Well less than before.

"To fresh start then." He said, lifting his empty cup.

"To a fresh start."