Seulgi

short stories about love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They said that the people who stay with us in our darkest time is the one that truly cares. But what if that person is someone unexpected?

 

That night when I went back home, I saw a girl standing at my doorway. She seemed to hesitate to ring my doorbell. To say that I was really surprised would be an understanding, how could she knew about my place?

 

When she noticed I was there all along, the first sentence that came out from her was a simple question,

 

“Do you remember me?”

 

I nodded my head. “Seulgi-ssi. You came to my art exhibition months ago.”

 

A tiny smile was formed on her lips as she said, “I’m sorry if I disturb you, but to be honest ever since that day, I keep thinking about one of your paintings. I just hope that I can see it one more time, but it’s okay if you don’t allow me to, I’d understand.”

 

She seemed nervous with how fast she spoke, so I tried to smile at her although it was hard for me to smile nowadays. “How rude of me, please come in first.” I opened the door for her and motioned her to take a seat.        

 

My eyes spotted the girl fidgeting on her seat, as I gently place the cup of tea in front of her.

 

“Thank you.” I responded with a nod and took my own seat. Then, I casually tried to start the conversation to make her felt more comfortable.

 

“It must be Jimin who told you about my address, right?”

 

She nodded her head innocently, “I went to your studio but you’re not there, so he told me to meet you here. But I honestly didn’t know it was your house, I thought it was your second studio.”

 

Jimin, I knew it. The number one fan of Red Velvet, especially Kang Seulgi. I believed he would tell her all about me if she asked.

 

“Actually, you’re right. I work at home too, so it is practically my second studio here.” I stood up and asked her to follow me. We were going upstairs as I spoke up curiously,

 

“What is the painting that you would want to see, Seulgi-ssi?”

 

“The one with roses and flying birds, the name is ‘Woman Covered in Roses’.” She answered energetically as I suddenly stopped walking, blocking her way.

 

“Are you okay?” Her voice brought me back to reality as I cleared my throat, trying to erase the sudden memory in my head.

 

“I’m alright, sorry that I spaced out like that.” I continued walking until I reached the last door at the end of the hallway.

 

Seulgi kept up her steps with me as we were finally in front of a covered up painting at the corner of the room. With shaking hands, I pulled off the white cloth as the colorful image revealed in both of our eyes, but we both viewed it in a different way.

 

I was glad that she was so mesmerized by it, so she didn’t know that I was in pain. I couldn’t look at the picture without feeling like crying, so I landed my gaze on the girl next to me. I could see sparks in her eyes for a few seconds before they were covered by a wide smile that made her eyes disappeared, forming an eye-smile. At that time, I guessed I knew why Jimin admired her so much.

 

“Did something happen?”

 

I blinked and saw she was looking at me with..concern? My lips were sealed that I couldn’t say anything.

 

“You look...so sad. Maybe I really shouldn’t come here, I'm sorry.”  

 

“No, don't apologize, please. I know that you're busy but you still come to look at my drawing, I really appreciate it. It's just that…”

 

I finally had the courage to see the painting clearly, as I felt my eyes are burning.

 

“This painting reminds me of her. She was my inspiration, my only muse. But in the end, she still left me. Now, the reason for me to paint is gone. I don't deserve to be called an artist when I can't even draw again.”

 

I closed my eyes for a moment to calm myself down before I faced her again as I smiled bitterly,

 

“I'm sorry, that just came out. I don't know why—”

 

“It's alright. When you're having a hard time, it's best to have someone to talk to.”

 

She walked closer and continued, “Let me accompany you, so you wouldn't be alone.”

 

“Seulgi-ssi.” I looked at her in disbelief meanwhile she smiled widely that made her look so innocent and...caring.

 

“I’ll come often so you’ll call me Seul instead of Seulgi-ssi.”

 

With determined eyes, she stared at me deep into my eyes as she spoke confidently,

 

“I will make you move your brush again.”

 

===

 

She really did it. For the past few days, she became my regular guest for showing up in almost every evening. Just like that day, when she came with a huge plastic bag.

 

“What is that?”

 

“Ice cream, of course!”

 

I let her came in as I took the bag with me and had my eyes opened wide when I saw what's hidden inside it. “Ten tubes of ice cream?!”

 

She giggled and nodded excitedly, “So that you can eat it whenever you feel sad! I knew it from a drama that ice cream can cure heartbreaks, hehe.”

 

I choked on my own saliva as I stared at her with wide eyes. “W-what?!”

 

“I also brought some comedy DVDs! Let's watch it while eating.”

 

Seulgi ran - believe me, she really did run -toward the living room as she started to the DVD player. Then a few seconds later, she ran back to show up in front of me only to say,

 

“Oh, don't tell my manager unnie about me eating the ice cream—I don't want to die this young.”

 

All I could do was let out a chuckle seeing her cute antics.

 

===

 

“What are you doing?” She tiptoed to look over my shoulder as I washed the carrot.

 

“Cooking dinner for my guest, of course.”

 

“You really don't need to do that.”

 

“It's the first that you can come this early, of course, I need to treat my special guest. Besides, I kept hearing grumbling sounds coming out from your stomach.” I as I chuckled when she slapped me on the back. Even her slaps were so gentle.

 

“Let me help you then.”

 

“Oh, that's a no-no. You're my guest Seul, so sit down and wait for me, okay?”

 

“Seul?”

 

Wait…What did I call her? I turned my head only to see her grinning happily. My lips immediately formed a soft smile looking at her like this.

 

“If I know that you would be so happy, I should've called you that sooner.”

 

“So I'm your friend now?”

 

I raised my eyebrow at her question as I wipe my hands. “Ever since we first met, seeing you appreciate my painting a lot, I already considered you as my friend. Now, I look at you as my cute little dongsaeng.” I kept my smile as suddenly I had this urge to pat her head, so I did it.

 

Then quickly, I turned my back on her as I started to chop the carrot. Silence filled the space but I didn't feel awkward at all until she decided to ask a silly question,

 

“Then, can I call you oppa?”

 

I couldn't even look at her as I placed the pan on top of the stove. “W-why is that?”

 

“Because you're tall and cool, like an oppa!” She came to stand next to me with this wide grin on her face that made me smile as well.

 

“Do whatever you want, then.”

 

I was already so whipped but I clearly didn't realize it.

 

===

 

The stars were shining so brightly, I put my hands inside the pockets as I pulled my jacket tightly. The wind was blowing so harshly tonight. It was still summer though, why did it feel so cold already?

 

“Oppa!” That voice, it couldn’t be…

 

“Seul?”

 

She skipped toward me, her cheerful smile never left her face. “You’re not home so I thought I can find you here, and I’m right! I finally find you.”

 

Her bubbly personality always successfully made me smile, even on the hardest day. I opened up my jacket to put it around her as she kept talking, “You must’ve forgotten your phone, right? I kept calling you but you didn’t answer.”

 

I chuckled when I saw her pouting at me. “What are you doing at the rooftop anyway?”

 

“Hmm...Stargazing.”

 

Seulgi looked up to the sky as she eventually smiled. “Searching for inspiration?”
 

When she glanced at me, I quickly turned my gaze away. I couldn't believe I was staring at her all the time.

 

“Let me be your inspiration.” I snapped my head toward her that I may hear the crack sound with how quick I was to look at her. I thought she was just joking but all I see was sincerity in her eyes. But then, she broke our staring contest as there was a beep sound coming from her phone.

 

“Bad news, we just have 15 minutes left. The members were waiting for me outside.”

 

“Oh yeah, you guys were attending an award ceremony right? You must be exhausted already, come on let’s get back inside.”

 

“So you watched the award show right?”

 

“Of course! Congrats, Seulgi-ah. You guys did well.”

 

She must be smiling widely with how excited she talked. “Thank you, oppa! I know that you're not really interested in idols, but you still watched it.”

 

We're on the elevator as I looked at her with concern. “Why do you come here, Seul? You guys should just get back-”

 

“I miss you.”

 

The way she looked at me with innocent eyes, showed that she was being honest with what she said. Just how many heart attacks I need to endure whenever I'm with her?

 

Fortunately, we got back to my house safely as she told me about her day. I couldn't believe she still felt nervous when performing with how perfect she was on stage. There was nothing that could break her exc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter