Chapter 10

Heartbeats ❃ TaeCo

At the tenth heartbeat I remembered your hand next to mine, your eyes full of tears, seeing me, weak on a stretcher, I could barely focus my eyes on you. If it was the last time looking at you I wanted to take advantage of it to remember you.

It had been weeks and I can't deny it with each passing day I felt worse. But I never lost my hopes, I did not want to just think about what was happening as my ending, my mind was positive.

"Woo it's time for your checkup." The nurse announced and you saw yourself forced to take your hand away from mine.

"I'll be back fine." I whispered to calm you down.

After that I felt worse, my heart was beating slower every time, but seeing you gave me the strength to keep having faith. I returned from my review and another person entered the room where we were.

"Ji Ho, I have news for you." The doctor smiled, which caused you to look at him with a confused expression, "There is a donor willing to give you his heart."

My lips curled just like yours.

"But your body is now delicate because of the time that has passed, let's hope everything goes well." He gave me one last forced smile and left the room.

The person who gave me the opportunity to maybe continue living will always be grateful. I looked at you, your eyes were full of tears.

"Relax, I'll be fine."

"You promise?." You asked in sobs.

"I'm sorry but I can not do that." I placed my hand on your cheek, "Just wait."

The fear I felt now was very great, it is not yet time to separate us. We have many things to do together, is not it?.