Chapter 9

Heartbeats ❃ TaeCo

At the ninth heartbeat I remembered the beginning of the discomforts, it was very foolish of me not to worry. Maybe if it had been more prudent we would not be living this situation now.

I had a lot of tiredness, swelling and had the sensation of shortness of breath but I thought it was normal, that it was because of school pressures.

"You feel good?." You asked worried and put your hand in my head, "You do not have a fever."

"It's nothing, I'm just exhausted."

"Then go to sleep." You ordered me by intertwining my arm and yours, "I'll take you home."

I did not object, I didn't even try, I really felt weak.

"Take care of yourself, tomorrow we will go to the hospital, did you understand?" I just nodded reluctantly and you kissed my cheek, "See you tomorrow."

But I did not want to let you go that day.

"Wait." Beg with low voice, "Stay with me."

And you agreed, you took care of me all night, to every show of pain you worried. Although the discomfort I felt was a bad thing for me, I could not deny that I liked you to take care of me.

"Woo Ji Ho." He named the doctor and we both went to his office.

"What do I have, doctor?" I question him and you squeezed my hand.

"Why did not you come before? You have heart failure, your heart is very weak, it does not work at the rate it should be... you need a transplant."

Those words put an end to my illusions, I had terminal heart failure. Now that I write this I regret, if I had gone before with a doctor and received the treatment everything would be as before, both happy enjoying each other's presence.

Tae Il, I do not want to die.