Table for Three

The Boy Next Door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Jeonghan! Jeonghan! Are you listening?" Seungcheol clicked his fingers in front of his friend's face.

"Sorry what?" Jeonghan looked over at his band mate.

"What's wrong with you, you've been out of it all day," Seungcheol said as he tuned his guitar.

"Sorry," Jeonghan apologised again.

"Did something good happen? You've been smiling at your phone a lot lately," Seungcheol asked looking up from his instrument.

"I have plans tonight," Jeonghan smiled to himself.

"With who?" Seungcheol asked.

"Someone," Jeonghan answered in a casual tone.

"Someone? That's all you're going to say?" Seungcheol pushed.

"Am I not allowed to have some privacy?" Jeonghan raised a brow.

"You can do whatever you want but I'm just curious as to why you're keeping their identity from me," Seungcheol set down his guitar.

"I just don't want you to know, is that a crime?" Jeonghan tried his best not to sound defensive.

"Sorry, I'm being stupid," Seungcheol scratched his head with a sheepish smile.

"You got any plans tonight?" Jeonghan asked as he went to put on his jacket.

"Maybe, maybe not," Seungcheol looked up at Jeonghan.

"You give me crap about my love life but you really should worry about your own," Jeonghan said as he fixed himself up in the mirror of the practice room they were in.

"It's not like I don't try," Seungcheol watched his friend groom his hair in the mirror.

"Well try harder, the closest thing you have to a girlfriend right now is me," Jeonghan said as he began walking out of the room.

"That might not be a bad thing," Seungcheol said under his breath as he watched the elegant lines of Jeonghan's back retreat from the room.

"Did you say something?" Jeonghan looked over his shoulder.

"Have fun," Seungcheol waved turning his attention back to his guitar.

"See you," Jeonghan waved.

"Really wished you didn't have to go though, Yoon Jeonghan," Seungcheol sighed as he was left alone in the room, the sound of his guitar sounding hollow in the empty space.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Jeonghan lowered his head as he entered the soccer training centre. He went straight through the wide hallway that lead to the field and immediately spotted Mingyu's team lined up in front of their coach. Jeonghan leaned against the barrier in front of the field giving his dongsaeng a wave, Mingyu directed all attention at him instead of the coach -- that earned him a quick smack to the back of the head from one of his teammates. Mingyu rubbed his head looking back at the coach but it didn't stop the boy from stealing glances here and there at his hyung. Jeonghan watched as the team shouted something before they began to disperse. Instead of going to the locker room immediately like his teammates Mingyu ran straight over and gave Jeonghan a kiss over the barrier first.

"Hey," Mingyu smiled into the kiss.

"Hey," Jeonghan smiled back.

"I'll be back in a minute, I just need to go clean up," Mingyu said as he bounced away.

"I kind of prefer you dirty and sweaty," Jeonghan looked the boy up and down, Mingyu swallowed as he ran into the locker room.

Jeonghan plopped himself down on one of the rows of seats that filled the area. He played around on his phone until a shadow blocked the light in front of him, he had thought it was Mingyu but that wasn't the case. A person he didn't recognise was standing in front of him wearing the team tracksuit. Their eyes met and the person smiled down at him.

"Can I help you?" Jeonghan asked cocking his head.

"You're Yoon Jeonghan right? SVT's Yoon Jeonghan?" The boy in front of him sounded very excited.

"Yes, I am," Jeonghan nodded.

"What are you doing here? Are you looking for someone?" The boy asked taking a seat beside him.

"I am actually," Jeonghan replied pocketing his phone.

"Oi! Taehwan! Piss off!" Mingyu's voice was hostile.

"Hey man, I'm trying to have a conversation over here," Taehwan shouted back at Mingyu.

"Go talk to someone else," Mingyu snarled.

"You ready to go?" Jeonghan looked up at the younger boy in amusement, his petty jealousy was still there.

"You were waiting for this head?" Taehwan pointed incredulously at Mingyu.

"You better move before you lose your teeth," Mingyu said aggressively as he slipped an arm around Jeonghan's waist leading him away.

"I'm a big fan, let's go out for coffee some time! You like pastries?! I know a place!" Taehwan shouted as they went back inside.

"You can eat them yourself!" Mingyu threw over his shoulder as he ushered Jeonghan away as quick as he could.

"He was nice," Jeonghan chuckled as they went over to his car.

"Don't ever let yourself be alone with him. That guy is the most irritating on the face of the planet," Mingyu grumbled as he climbed into the shotgun seat.

"I'm sensing some tension between you two," Jeonghan said as he started the car.

"We got drafted at the same time so I guess you could say we're rivals," Mingyu explained.

"You do realise you're the only soccer player I care about right?" Jeonghan looked over at the boy.

"I want to be the only person you care about," Mingyu pouted as they drove.

"You're slowly getting there," Jeonghan reached a hand over to touch the boy's face.

"Have you heard of Mizuya? They do some really good Japanese food," Jeonghan said as he continued navigating the roads.

"I'll eat anything hyung," Mingyu reminded Jeonghan.

"I was surprised when I saw you at the airport, you grew so much...especially in a certain area. I'm still sore you know," Jeonghan looked over at Mingyu who lowered his head, a sheepish smile on his face.

"Sorry," Mingyu whispered, cheeks flushed pink.

"I'm not complaining," Jeonghan touched the boy's chin and went back to looking at the road.

They drove for several minutes until Jeonghan turned the corner onto a relatively busy street filled with small eateries and restaurants. He parked the car a block away and pulled on the dusk mask he always kept handy in the glove compartment. Mingyu followed close as Jeonghan lead the way to a small building with a narrow staircase. It looked like a very suspicious place to open a restaurant but Mingyu trusted his hyung. They went up the stairs together and stood side by side as they waited to be seated. Surprisingly the inside of the restaurant looked chic and modern unlike it's exterior, with the romantic lighting and private booths he could understand why Jeonghan liked the place, someone like his hyung could go and eat without running into fans that way. Jeonghan allowed Mingyu to hug him as they stood, the younger boy peppering kisses on his hyung's temple. Jeonghan was brought out of his little daydream when he felt a small push on his back, he turned to apologise only it never manage to leave his lips. Jeonghan was faced with the sight of Seungcheol standing behind them. The two untangled themselves immediately trying to play it casual, Jeonghan quickly glanced over at Mingyu who looked completely fine unlike him who was sweating bullets.

"So you were having dinner with Mingyu? Here I thought you'd finally scored yourself a date," Seungcheol said.

"Hm," Jeonghan didn't know how to respond, he'd been caught.

"A table for three? Follow me," a waitress began leading them into the dining area.

Jeonghan had no time to protest and Seungcheol was already following the waitress, he gave Mingyu an apologetic look as they trailed along. The three of them were lead to a table behind a partition away from wandering eyes. They were seated around a circular table and the minute he sat down Jeonghan could feel a strange tension build in the air around him.

"What are you feeling tonight? Are you just going to order your usual?" Seungcheol looked at Jeonghan completely ignoring Mingyu.

Before Jeonghan could open his mouth the phone in his pocket began to ring. Checking the screen he saw that it was one of SVT's managers who was calling, he quickly dismissed himself leaving the two brothers at the table. Seungcheol and Mingyu looked at each other like two lions ready to fight each other for dominance, Jeonghan hoped the two brothers didn't kill each other while he was gone -- especially when they'd made so much progress in their relationship.

"I'd appreciate it if you went home," Mingyu said to his older brother as he poured himself a glass of water.

"I was just going to say the same to you," Seungcheol said looking up from the menu in his hands.

"Are you interrupting us on purpose?" Mingyu clenched his fist under the table.

"I was going to just order for takeout but after seeing you all up in Jeonghan's space I changed my mind," Seungcheol leaned back in his chair, arms folded behind his head.

"It's none of your business what happens in his private life," Mingyu narrowed his eyes at his older brother.

"So you're admitting there's something going on between you two," Seungcheol cocked a brow.

"So what if there is?" Mingyu challenged.

"He's too good for someone like you," Seungcheol sneered.

"What are you trying to say, you think you're better than me?" Mingyu frowned thinking about what Seungcheol was insinuating.

"If I knew you were in the picture I would have made my move a long time

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter