Two Halves of a Whole

The Boy Next Door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seungcheol strolled leisurely from his mother's house in an attempt to walk off the massive meal he'd just consumed. Without having a company dictate his schedule Seungcheol found himself visiting his family home a lot more frequently. His feet lead him to the basketball court, it was like they'd been programmed to visit the location whenever he was in the vicinity. The guitarist looked up at the street lights as they flickered on to replace the sun which was quickly descending. As he approached the familiar cracked concrete slab he noticed a figure standing alone on one side of the court. Jihoon was shooting a faded looking basketball into the hoop, the rusted metal of the basket making rattling sounds as the ball passed through it.

Seungcheol stood watching the petite drummer from across the street with his head cocked to the side. Never in a million years did he think he would be sleeping with such a violent little human. He remembered drinking heavily one night with Jihoon and the next thing he knew they had woken up together in a bed... . They both had scrambled out from under the covers clutching at anything they could to hide their and had promptly parted ways. Seungcheol vividly remembered how awkward their band practice had been after the incident -- neither of them could look each other in the eye.

The guitarist and drummer both pretended nothing ever happened and it seemed to be working out pretty well until the news that Jeonghan got stabbed broke out. Seungcheol had been a mess when he visited his band mate in the hospital and the only person who was able to calm him down was Jihoon. The two had sat in the waiting room together holding hands in silence until the doctor announced that Jeonghan was okay. That very same night Seungcheol had found himself back at Jihoon's apartment at an ungodly hour, they slept together a second time.

"How long are you going to stand there?" Jihoon looked over his shoulder at the guitarist.

"Hey," Seungcheol said as he walked over to the drummer.

"This place is looking a little worse for wear," Jihoon commented as he looked at the state of the court.
"Guess no one cares enough about basketball to maintain it," Seungcheol said as he looked at the faded white lines around them.

"It's a shame," Jihoon said as he made another shot with the ball in his hands.

"Can I ask you something?" Seungcheol grabbed the basketball.

"What is it?" Jihoon asked.

"What are we?" Seungcheol looked down at his band mate.

"What do you mean?" Jihoon cocked a brow.

"Are we friends with benefits? Are we just band mates? Or are we something else entirely? What are we to each other?" Seungcheol fiddled with the ball in his hands.

"I don't know," Jihoon answered.

"Would you be mad if I said I wanted us to be something more?" Seungcheol looked up from the basketball in his hands.

"I don't think you can handle me, Choi Seungcheol," Jihoon shook his head as he turned to leave.

"But you haven't even given me a chance," Seungcheol grabbed the drummer's hand.

"Find someone else to be your rebound because I'm not interested," Jihoon pulled away.

"You're not going to be a rebound I assure you," Seungcheol stepped around the drummer to block his path.

"I'm not a lovey-dovey kind of person, Seungcheol," Jihoon said.

"I'm not asking you to be," Seungcheol replied.

"You know how I am, you've been on the receiving end of my shortcomings for years so why do you even want the option of having me as a romantic partner?" Jihoon furrowed his brow, he was genuinely confused.

"Because you've been there through everything, Jihoon. You were always there when I needed you," Seungcheol smiled.

"Well yeah, it's all apart of the being in a friendship bull," Jihoon said, it was natural to be there for your friends.

"We're already close so why not take it up a notch?" Seungcheol reached up to the back of the shorter boy's neck.

"You think you can keep up with me?" Jihoon questioned the guitarist.

"I'll die trying," Seungcheol nodded.

"There's no guarantee you're coming out of this alive," Jihoon warned the guitarist.

"You can give me as many warnings as you want but I'll still ignore every single one," Seungcheol smiled.

"You're so stupid," Jihoon shook his head looking up at his band mate.

"That's the nicest thing you've ever said to me," Seungcheol chuckled.

Before the guitarist could react he was pulled down by the collar of his shirt, his lips colliding into Jihoon's. Seungcheol's eyes widened at the sudden contact but quickly found himself immersed in the sensation of locking lips with Jihoon. The basketball fell from his hands and rolled along the cracked surface of the basketball court. Kissing Jihoon felt even better when he was sober.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Wonwoo," Soonyoung looked at his lover as they sat together on a park bench.

"Yes?" Wonwoo looked up from the book in his hands.

"Are slugs just homeless snails?" Soonyoung asked, his lips pouted in thought.

"That's your question?" Wonwoo set his book down in his lap.

"Yes," Soonyoung nodded.

Instead of answering Wonwoo lowered his head and hid his face in his hands. He could feel heat slowly rising from his neck, his cheeks felt hot. Sure he'd had plenty of time to get used to his lover's naivety but every once in awhile Soonyoung would say something that just so very pure. Wonwoo slapped himself before grabbing Soonyoung by the neck. The sharp eyed boy held his lover close and ruffled the soft locks of his hair that was now coloured a vibrant red.

"I love you," Wonwoo kissed the top of Soonyoung's head.

"Love you too," Soonyoung didn't know what was happening but he liked it.

"Homeless snails," Wonwoo chuckled hysterically.

"Well are they?" Soonyoung asked looking more confused than ever.

"They can be whatever you want them to be," Wonwoo continued laughing.

"I don't know how you've tolerated me all these years," Soonyoung said looking down at his feet.

"Tolerated you?" Wonwoo's laughter died down.

"I know I'm not the brightest

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter