Heart to Heart

The Boy Next Door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"A little higher please Seungkwan!" Jihoon shouted as he had their vocalist redo his part for the seventh time.

"There are limits to what notes I can reach," Seungkwan shot back sassily but continued to meet their drummer's demands.

Jeonghan sat idly on the floor of Jihoon's hotel room looking at Seungcheol who was devouring the fourth piece of pizza. They'd all travelled to the drummer's apartment after Jihoon had made it known that he'd hit an a epiphany. Jeonghan was exhausted by the third hour of deciphering the melodies Jihoon wanted into bass chords, he wanted to give his fingers a rest.

"Can we just do this tomorrow?" Seungkwan complained.

"You two can go, me and Seungkwan are going to work on some things," Jihoon said waving he hand at Jeonghan and Seungcheol.

"Oh come on!" Seungkwan threw his hands in the air.

"Shouldn't have messed with Satan," Jeonghan mumbled giving the vocalist a pat on the shoulder before heading out the door with his bass in tow.

Jeonghan climbed into his car giving Seungkwan a final wave as he drove away. He had all the intention of driving home but just as he reached the halfway point of his drive home Jeonghan received a call from Mingyu. Jeonghan picked up right away.

"Hello?"

"Hyung, you free right now?" Mingyu's voice asked, there was music and chatter in the background.

"I am, why?" Jeonghan responded.

"You want to hang out?" Mingyu asked.

"Hang out?" Jeonghan raised a brow.

"Sorry nevermind, you probably have better things to do right?" Mingyu began to backpedal.

"Mingyu you don't have to feel bad about wanting to see me, where are you? I'll head there right now," Jeonghan said.

"I'm in Hongdae," Mingyu answered.

"Okay, text me the address and I'll be there," Jeonghan said before hanging up.

He made a u-turn and began driving into the direction of Hongdae following the GPS until he found a parking lot close enough to where he could walk to where Mingyu was. Jeonghan instinctively pulled his dusk mask over his face and walked up the flight of stairs leading to the hangout spot. The minute he entered Jeonghan was bombarded with loud upbeat music and other patrons who were laughing and drinking at the bar as well as sitting in the various booths around the bar. He began walking through the fray of people but before he even took more than three steps Jeonghan felt someone grab his wrist. Turning around he was faced with a taller boy dressed in jeans and a leather jacket, his face was familiar but Jeonghan couldn't actually remember where he'd seen the boy before.

"Hi, Jeonghan-hyung! Remember me? We met at the soccer field," the boy said running a hand threw his head of dark hair.

"Ah, Taehwan correct?" Jeonghan said pulling down his mask.

"Yeah, you here by yourself? How about you join me and my friends, we're over there," Taehwan nodded over to a group sitting in a booth.

Jeonghan looked over at Taehwan's group of friends, mainly females, who looked at him eagerly all the while waving. The bassist suddenly wanted to leave, Jeonghan could handle maybe one or two fans but a whole group? That was a massive no. He didn't want to get involved in a scandal especially when his band had settled into a comfortable place in terms of their career.

"I'm alright, I'm actually here to meet with a friend," Jeonghan said as he began looking around for Mingyu.

"He can wait, just come join us for a little bit. We can get to know each other and we can exchange numbers," Taehwan reclaimed his grip on Jeonghan's wrist.

"Look, I'd love to but I already have plans," Jeonghan pulled away from the boy's grasp.

"Hyung, I really think you should reconsider. A lot of people would love to be in your position right now," Taehwan's eyes beginning to show signs of irritation.

"Then you obviously don't need me," Jeonghan said to the boy.

"Hyung," Taehwan stepped around him blocking his path.

"Please move," Jeonghan's patience was wearing thin.

"You better do what he says," Mingyu suddenly appeared behind Jeonghan giving Taehwan's chest a hard shove.

"Don't touch me you animal," Taehwan swatted Mingyu's hand away giving his teammate a glare.

"You're here harassing Jeonghan-hyung yet I'm the animal?" Mingyu scoffed.

"Let's go Mingyu," Jeonghan looked up at the athlete trying to calm down his lover.

"So this is the person you were meeting up with, I was expecting someone high profile but it ended up being that bastard," Taehwan pointed a finger at Mingyu.

"What'd you call me?" Mingyu took several steps toward his teammate.

"Bastard," Taehwan spat.

"Pretty hurtful words there, guess that trust fund of yours really does wonders for your ego," Mingyu sneered.

"Watch your mouth Mingyu," Taehwan grabbed the front of Mingyu's shirt.

"Or what? You'll call your daddy?" Mingyu smirked.

"You motherer!" At that moment threw a fist hitting Mingyu square in the jaw.

"Mingyu!" Jeonghan shouted, his eyes wide.

Jeonghan watched in shock as the two soccer players went at each other's throats. He heard the shouts and screams as Mingyu was tackled to the ground by the bar before more punches were exchanged. Mingyu managed to kick his teammate in the chest sending him crashing into a nearby table. Taehwan in turn grabbed a glass bottle from the table and hurled it at Mingyu who ducked just in time. The glass bottle shattered upon hitting the wall sending bits of glass and alcohol splattering onto the ground. Mingyu slowly rose from his crouching position to touch his cheek which was now bleeding from a small cut, one of the small pieces of broken glass had managed to strike him. Jeonghan's vision immediately bled red -- he was out for blood, Taehwan's specifically.

"Are you ing insane?!" Jeonghan fisted Taehwan's shirt in his hands.

" you as well," Taehwan shouted, it was obvious the boy was retaliating only because he was being backed into a corner.

Taehwan's fist rose aiming to strike at Jeonghan's face only it never managed to make contact with the bassist's face. Jeonghan had avoided the blow before sending his own fist into the athlete's jaw. Jeonghan was prepared to fight only he was stopped by Mingyu holding back and leading him away.

"My father will hear about this, you bastards!" Taehwan said clutching his face as Mingyu pulled Jeonghan away by the arm.

Be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter