Three

After Coming Out
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Are you aware that Seunghyun  doesn't love you completely, Jiyong? The reason why I said no so many times, even until today when you asked me to meet up and discuss this marriage matter, my answer is still no.” Mr Lee said.

“Are you feeling disgusted by me, Mr Lee? I'm sorry I make your son becoming like me. He wouldn’t have to be in this kind of situation if it wasn’t me forcing him to help taking care of Joonie.” Jiyong bowed his head down, feeling ashamed.

“No, Jiyong. You are my son too, all of the members are. I love you for who you are. You took a good care of Seunghyun the most when I couldn’t be there to support him through his puberty. He spent his childhood very dedicated to his dream of being a famous idol someday, but his parents could never be there for him. When he first talked about you, his mother and I felt relieved. When we met you for the first time, we knew why you are the leader of this awesome group and why Seunghyun looks up to you the most.” 

Jiyong felt his face turning red.

“However, never we thought Seunghyun would accept you as his future husband. What makes me worried is that boy can't differentiate the love he has for you. Parents always know the best. I know what I see from his eyes when he looks at you.”

“That he doesn’t love me for who I am?” Jiyong asked warily. Mr Lee shook his head.

“Jiyong, when you ask your fans, will they marry you, what do you think their answer mostly are?”

It took a moment for Jiyong to digest their conversation, while Mr Lee never let his eyes off of the leader. 

Jiyong looked up, his eyes got teary as he understood perfectly what the older meant.

The answer would always be yes.

“I'm sorry, son.” Mr Lee apologized.

However that night, he didn’t know what changed Mr Lee's opinion about this whole marriage thingy, he gave his blessing.

“Are you sure Jiyong is the one?”

Seungri looked at him, staring hard. Did he know about Jiyong's worries?

“Yes, I'm sure, dad.” 

Because the answer would always be yes. Should Jiyong be happy or regretted all of this thing his deepest heart always wanted?

Jiyong forgot that stage was where G-Dragon lived, surrounded by majestic built-in stage and lightings and also yellow ocean that was always glowing when he was standing there.

Jiyong regretted that he proposed to Seungri as G-Dragon. Not himself. Never himself.

When it came to G-Dragon, people would always love him no matter how bad he was. When it came to Jiyong, will Seungri still say yes?

 

x

 

Seungri had a lot to do recently. He was in the middle of meeting to discuss about their next expansion in Asia. He studied the schedule and let out a heavy sigh. If he wanted to go for fan meeting with his hyungs, he had to finish everything before the time, and that meant tightened his schedules before May came.

Seungri needed to go to Thailand this weekend, and there were a lot of NHR gigs coming as they have just released a new track. Seungri was invited to perform in many places around Asia. He couldn’t be more proud. NHR was still a young company, but the good result and many offers coming for the team every week made Seungri more confident that NHR would be big someday.

“Ri, make sure you won't be missing this weekend. We need you to be the face of this new business.”

“I'll try.”

He couldn’t even go to Japan for Bigbang fan meeting without making Joonie angry. What would he say if he suddenly went to Bangkok and touring around Asia with NHR team? Jiyong, he must know but Seungri wasn't sure he would let him go.

“You look miserable.” Jonghoon said. 

“You bet.”

Seungri was in Jonghoon's house, visiting for whining about his problem. Well, the man was his best friend after all. He knew all of his secret since they met and became close friend.

“Where's baby Joonie?”

“At Kwon omma's house. He said he missed his grandmoms. My mother is there too.”

“How is he?”

“Angry at me.”

“Why?”

“Too busy.”

“Oh. What about hyung?”

“Out. I don’t know where.”

“Hm … Are you two fighting?” Joonghon gave Seungri a cold beer which the latter gladly accepted and drank it in quick gulp.

“Ugh! Hoonieee! I didn’t know marriage could be this stressing. I only want to credit his work, what's wrong with that?” Seungri whined loudly, which wasn't new for Jonghoon as he rolled his eyes.

“Stupid Jiyong!” He huffed.

Seungri tried hard to make Joonie forgave him and talked to him but failed for the past week. He gave up on the fifth day and decided to go out doing his business instead since then. Jiyong heard from Seungri that NHR track which he was produced would be released at midnight. Maknae was so excited at first, but when Jiyong told him to drop out his name from the credit last night, he was less feeling ecstatic.

“Oppa, wae? You made this track.”

“Just put my name down from that, Ri. I don’t want to capture more attention to me.”

“But –“

“Ri, just do it!”

“Fine!” Seungri puffed his check as he started making a call to the team. Jiyong knew the boy was mad. Seungri avoided Jiyong for the rest of the night until today which made the house becoming like a prison full of strangers instead of a family.

Jiyong called him on his way to Jonghoon's place to say that he would not be coming home until late at night and asked Seungri to pick Joonie from his mother’s house. Seungri responded with a simple yes which triggered Jiyong.

“Why do you want to put my name so bad?”

Not this again. Seungri rolled his eyes at the question, as if Jiyong could see his annoyed expression right now.

“Isn’t it obvious? Because it's GD! People will want to buy it even without listening to your song first.”

“If people still remember my music, they’ll know I'm the one making it. My music has its own characteristics, people would notice its GD's music no matter what.”

“You've lost your touch, hyung. The result isn't as good as we expected. If only we could put your name into it, even when they don't like it in the end, they had bought the song.” Seungri sighed. He looked outside the window, to the passing building and pedestri

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter