Outro - Special Chapter

After Coming Out
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Joonie was ten when he found the truth. Well, he wasn’t a stupid boy. He knew his momma was never giving birth to him in the past. He had no idea how could he end up living in this world, but he believed that one of them — the parents — was his biological father.

 

Joonie expected Jiyong as his biological father because he had so many resemblances with the said man. Joonie loved music, he heard a lot of people said he had talent in this area, like his dada. Joonie also started liking fashion since Jiyong had made him modelling for Peaceminusone kids edition for several times already. People liked it. The products sold out within minutes.

 

Joonie knew he wasn’t his momma’s son since he learnt about babies’ origin and how they’d been made. It was totally impossible for Seungri to get pregnant and be the real mother of him. Joonie had said it once to his mother that he knew Seungri wasn’t the real mother. That made the mother in this family very sad and Joonie had to face a scary Jiyong that time who finally decided to explain that Seungri didn’t try to fool someone, especially his own son because Joonie was the one calling Seungri momma first.

 

The discussion ended with Seungri asking Joonie whether he wanted to call Seungri with something else or not. Joonie didn’t say it loudly, but he knew Seungri was aware of the fact that he no longer wanted to call Seungri momma. Both Jiyong and Seungri let him like that, speaking with Seungri without calling him anything besides making a sound like um or ah before starting a conversation. Jiyong had run out of patience but Seungri said to wait for it, for Joonie to decide.

 

“You know, Joonie, it’s rude to call your mother with nothing. Um or ah or any sound you make is not a polite way to call the person who’s been caring for you since baby.” Of course, Jiyong wasn’t listening to Seungri. The maknae of Bigbang only sat there watching Joonie cringing under the stare of his father with sadness. They were currently eating breakfast.

 

“If you don’t like calling Seungri momma, you can always change it to father or appa.” Jiyong added strictly. Joonie was pouting before he slammed the utensils onto the table and left for school.

 

“Joonie …” Seungri called, but Joonie didn’t turn back to smile and kiss him like usual.

 

“Joonie, you don’t bring lunch today? Why? Is your mom sick again?” Jihye, his close friend, asked.

 

Seungri was very weak lately. He rarely went outside as Jiyong forbade him to do so because the last time he did, Seungri passed out after he kept overworking himself in the office to forget about the cold treatment Joonie gave him in the house.

 

“Neh, he’s sick.” Joonie said simply. They had a lunch break just now and were heading to their usual place to eat lunch. On the way there, someone was bumping into him accidentally and spilling her coke to Joonie’s uniform.

 

“Oh, no! What did you do?” Joonie asked, almost angry but he held it because the person in front of him was only a little girl no older than eight years old. Behind her was someone Joonie assumed as her mother.

 

“Omo, gwenchanayo, boy?” The mother knelt down as she let out a handkerchief from her bag and started wiping Joonie’s shirt which left Joonie gaping in shock. “Im Bongcha, you should be careful next time. Apologize to this little oppa.” The mother told the young girl gently.

 

“Oppa, Bongcha is sorry. She didn’t see where she went by. Please forgive her.”

 

She was so pretty, Joonie thought. He didn’t answer until Jihye slapped his back and whispered that he must answer the girl back.

 

“O-oh, neh. I’m sorry too. I didn’t see you coming too.”

 

“So, it’s all good now?” The mother smiled between them. Both Joonie and Bongcha nodded. “What about your uniform, boy? Let me wash it for you. You can give it to Bongcha tomorrow. She’s studying here too.”

 

“No, no! It’s fine, aunty.” Joonie gave her his best smile and for a moment the time froze. He saw troubled expression on the aunty’s face. “Aunty, are you okay?”

 

“Ah, yes! I insist, boy. Let me wash it clean as an apology.” The aunty forced him.

 

“O-okay then.”

 

“Great!” The aunty then told him about Im Bongcha. So apparently the young girl had just transfered from her previous school in Busan. Today was her first day.

 

“We will go now.” The aunty asked for leave as Bongcha bowed down at Joonie, apologizing for the second time. The aunty then stopped as she remembered something. “Ah, I forgot to ask for your name. What is this handsome boy’s name, hm?”

 

Joonie blushed at that. “Kwon Joonie, aunty. What about you, aunty?”

 

“Bae Hwayoung.”

 

The troubled look was back on the older woman’s face as she answered Joonie, a bit hesitating before seconds later she said goodbye again and dragged her daughter quickly. Joonie stared at them weirdly. He shrugged it off after Jihye patted his back and told him to move forward.

 

“What happened to your shirt?” Seungri looked paler than usual today. Joonie stared at him, he’s a bit worried.

 

“A younger girl accidentally bumped on me. Her mother said she will wash it tomorrow so you don’t have to do it.”

 

He knew he was being impolite. Seungri sighed and nodded. He told Joonie to eat before the once a mother in this family rested on the sofa in living room, sleeping. Joonie watched Seungri’s face silently. He wanted to ask why Seungri looked so pale lately, but he chose to be silent in the end. He ate his food and went to his room right after.

 

“Is it really okay for your mother to wash this?” Joonie asked as he gave yesterday’s uniform to Bongcha.

 

“Neh. Mommy said it’s our duty since I made mistake yesterday.” Bongcha answered.

 

“Oh, okay.”

 

“Um, Joonie oppa …” Bongcha shyly called.

 

“Yes?”

 

“Mommy asked me to ask you, would you like to come to our house after school? Mommy said she’s still feeling sorry about yesterday. If you want, she’ll cook you something nice.”

 

“Um …” Joonie didn’t know what to answer. He had to tell Jiyong or Seungri, but then it’s impossible since he had no phone around. But it would be rude to reject such kindness. “Okay.”

 

“Really?” Bongcha’s face brightened up.

 

“Neh. I’ll see you after school?”

 

“Yes. I’ll see you later, oppa!” Joonie felt weird hearing Bongcha’s voice was full of excitement.

 

He didn’t feel good somehow.

 

“Thank you for coming, Joonie-ah.” Hwayoung greeted them. It was big, Im Bongcha’s house was bigger than his, but the Kwon’s had bigger garden than the Im manor.

 

“Your house is really pretty, aunty.”

 

“You think so?”

 

Joonie nodded hard. He liked the atmosphere around this house. There’s only small amount of furniture around the house but it was very relaxing to see. Everything was neat and placed in order.

 

“You can look around while I’m preparing the food, neh.” Joonie was surprised when Hwayoung suddenly hugged him. It was so quick he had no time to catch his breath when she did that.

 

What was that for?

 

“My husband will join us very soon.”

 

Joonie’s stomach twisted in uncomfortable way. He should go back home now. He made Seungri worried because he d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter