Chapter 20: Save Me

Been Through (Destined Lovers in Wonderland)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I was all alone as I trudged listlessly through the dense forest. 

 

 

(I had sensed that Baekhyun had his own agenda, but...)

 


I couldn't help but feel there was something strange about his behavior when we first met. His whispered words were unusually sweet, like how he had been waiting for so long. I sensed something was off. 

 


(I should have known that he wasn't to be trusted. And yet...)

 


"Why does it hurt so much to know that he deceived me...?"

 


My face was contorted as I muttered to myself, having no outlet for my emotions. 

 


(I hadn't realized until now...)

 


Had I simply come to care for Baekhyun, who stayed with me unconditionally without my even having to ask? Faced with my own emotional weakness, I felt pained. 

 


"I can't rely on Baekhyun anymore..."

 


I muttered under my breath, as if to convince myself. 

 


"Even if Baekhyun doesn't want me to, I want to go home no matter what. I don't care if my home is not in Wonderland but Another World... Even if it's the Real World. I'm going to do whatever it takes to find my way there. I'm even going to reclaim my lost memories...!"

 


"Grr..."  

 


I suddenly heard the growling of an animal. 

 


"Grrr..." 

 


An animal that I had never seen before emerged slowly from a nearby copse. 

 


(Is this what Baekhyun meant when he mentioned a dangerous beast that attacks humans? If I recall, he called it--)

 


A Bandersnatch. 

 


"Gaahh!"

 


"Aagh?!"

 


I barely managed to sidestep the beast that unexpectedly pounced on me. 

 


(That's right, magic...!)

 


I waved my hands as I fled, releasing a flurry of radiant butterflies. The Bandersnatch momentarily flinched but quickly resumed his pursuit when he determined the butterflies were harmless.

 


"Stop!"

 


When I focused my concentration on the beast running after me, a shimmering magic shield appeared before me. 

 


"Gaahh!"

 


The shield momentarily thwarted the Bandersnatch, but he refused to give up and immediately attacked the shield with his claws. The shield was able to withstand several blows, but soon it shattered with a loud screech. Perhaps it was the force of the broken spell, but a mighty jolt sent me tumbling to the ground. I realized I was in trouble, but it was too late. Before I could stand back up, the beast bared his ferocious fangs and--!

 


"Baekhyun...? How...?"

 


Someone came between me and the charging Bandersnatch. I knew that someone well. It was the person who had constantly stood by me since I awoke with amnesia.

 


"Hey, Bandersnatch."

 


On the surface, Baekhyun's words appeared friendly, but his voice was stone cold.

 


"I see that you're interest in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter