Chapter 05 : Call me Kyungsoo!

Been Through (Destined Lovers in Wonderland)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As I kept walking, I cleared the gloomy forest and came out to a hill. I was greeted by a beautiful sight, in stark contrast to the dense forest. When I looked up, the sky glowed with a mysterious light, which was a mix between blue and purple. 

 


"..."

 


"..."

 


For some reason, Baekhyun was still standing beside me. He kept his smile as he walked alongside me studying my profile.

 

 

"...Will you stop following me?" 

 

 

"Why?"

 

 

"Just because. Besides, I don't trust you."

 

 

"I'm offended."

 

 

Baekhyun seemed unfazed by my brutal honesty. In fact, his eyes creased in amusement. 

 

 

(What is with this guy...?)

 


My repeated rebuffs seemed to have no effect, and I found myself growing irritated. It was no use. I stopped in my tracks, heaved a sigh and glared at him. 

 

 

"Then why do you insist on following me, Baekhyun?" 

 

 

"I don't want to be parted from you..."

 

 

He smiled brightly, either in amusement or happiness. 

 

 

"I've been waiting for you for so long."

 

 

"..."

 

 

I looked pointedly at Baekhyun and exhaled slowly.

 

 

"Waiting...? By you, who do you mean?" 

 

 

Baekhyun looked at me wonderingly as unconsciously I furrowed my brows. 

 

 

"By 'you', I mean you, of course."

 

 

Baekhyun pointed at me without hesitation. But the look I gave him was full of suspicion. 

 

 

"That's not true, is it? You have been waiting for 'Alice'."

 

 

"..."

 


"Make no mistake. I am Kyungsoo. I won't be your 'Alice'!" 

 

 

I made myself perfectly clear. A flicker of surprise flashed in Baekhyun's amethyst-colored eyes. But the wide-eyed look of surprise lasted only a brief moment. His lips soon curved into a smile, and he held a look of satisfaction.

 

 

(That's the same expression he had when he said he didn't dislike smart women.)

 

 

"I don't have time to stand here and argue with you. I have to find my way home. Why don't you look for your Alice, Baekhyun?" 

 


To be honest, I didn't understand him. 

 

 

(Or rather, I didn't trust him. At first I just thought he had mistaken me for someone else, but... No matter how many times I denied it, he seemed convinced that I was 'Alice'. Does Baekhyun know 'something' that I've forgotten? Does he know and he's simply not telling me...?)

 


The more I thought about it, the more suspicious I became. 

 

 

"That's right, Alice."

 


Please Subscribe to read the full chapter