Chapter 23: Lake of Tears

Been Through (Destined Lovers in Wonderland)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun brought me to that forbidden place.

 

 

"Here... Baekhyun told me not to come near this place."

 


"I'm not surprised. This is a very important place for Wonderland."

 


Sehun smiled as he pointed to the keyhole that was emitting a soft light.

 


"If there was no reason for the place to be off limits, a lock like  this wouldn't be needed, would it?"

 


"I suppose... Do you think you can open it?"

 


"No problem. If you truly wish to regain your memory, the lock will open easily."

 


"...All right."

 


(I want to regain my lost memories... I'm tired of not knowing anything!)

 


I wished from the bottom of my heart, and then I reached out to touch the gate. That's when-- A light flashed so bright, I was momentarily blinded. By the time I recovered, the lock was gone and the doors were open in welcome.

 


"I can see that you mean business."

 


"Yes... Let's go, Sehun."

 


I looked straight ahead as I stepped foot into forbidden territory. Beyond the locked gate was...

 


~~ Lake of Tear ~~

 


A shining lake that reflected shimmering light and held ethereal beauty. 

 


"This is the Lake of Tear. Supposedly, drinking water from the lake will help you regain your memory."

 


If my memory returned, I might even discover the road home. At least I wouldn't continue to suffer from not remembering.  I would also have a greater understanding of myself...and my current predicament. 

 


Baekhyun's words involuntarily crossed my mind. 

 


*"Tell me. Are you still intent on returning to the world you came from, Kyungsoo? Are you prepared to reclaim your past and face the future?"*

 


At the time, I couldn't answer Baekhyun. 

 


(Even so...I need to know. I can no longer tolerate not knowing anything.)

 


I cast aside my doubts, knelt down by the lake and scooped up some water in my cupped hands. 

 


The water was cool and clear, and as soon as I took a sip, my vision started to sway. The entire world was distorted... Scenes which I saw some time, somewhere filled the back of my mind vividly. It was like all my locked memories were overflowing...

 


(This is...)

 


I shouldn't know this place, yet it looked familiar.

 


(I know this city...)

 


I lived in this city. There was no such thing as magic, it was a world that was industrialized. There were no two-legged animals or humans with animal ears. I lived here with my parents. It was calm and peaceful...Or it should have been.

 


(Is that me in the past...?)

 


"Father! Mother!" 

 


(...! Ah--)

 


"No, that can't be true...! Please! Don't leave me!"

 


My memories were awakened by my crying and screaming. That's right. I lost my parents in a freak accident. The sudden loss left me despondent, and I was home alone, shedding unstoppable tears. In the depth of my de

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter