Chapter 16: The Queen of Hearts

Been Through (Destined Lovers in Wonderland)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~~ The Castle of Heart ~~

 

 

As Bambam guided us, we first encountered a winding topiary and the deep colored roses that grew there. This was followed by an impressive castle with a red roof and steeple, atop which flew red and white flags that flapped in the wind. The castle was a rather stylish building decorated with hearts everywhere. I studied the grandeur in awe, but just as we were about to enter... I sensed something strange. The card soldiers protecting the castle - every last one of them - were focusing their eyes on Baekhyun. They didn't speak, nor did they try to block out path. 

 


"...Um, Baekhyun. Did you do something? They all seem wary of you."

 


I tried to keep my voice down as I spoke, but Baekhyun seemed not to care. 

 


"Huh, I wonder why...? Perhaps the Queen doesn't like cats." 

 


Baekhyun was aloof as always, so it was difficult to tell if he had any idea of what was going on. 

 


"...Oh, well. Let's go."

 


I let out a small sigh to regroup before proceeding forward. 

 


Like the outside of the castle, the Throne Room was decorated with lots of hearts. The space was opulent and beautiful but also exuded a graceful dignity. Card soldiers were lined up throughout the Throne Room, and beyond that... Sitting on the throne was a woman wearing a red dress, who was no doubt the Queen of Hearts. The top half of her face was hidden by the intricate lace veil she wore. The other thing that drew my attention was the cane she was holding, which was decorated with a crimson gemstone. The gemstone, of course, was shaped like a heart. 

 


"Good day... It's so nice of you two to join us."

 


She looked at me through her veil, her voice seemed to be filled with emotion. 

 


"I am known as...the Queen of Hearts, but my name is Kim Joonmyun. Thank you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter