Chapter 18: The Chess King

Been Through (Destined Lovers in Wonderland)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Ah...Baekhyun, you're here."

 


A man approached us--or Baekhyun, I should say. Upon hearing the man's voice, Bambam nervously straightened his spine. 

 


"Well, well, if it isn't the Chess King."

 


Baekhyun smiled at the man and executed an exaggerated bow. 

 


"I see you've escaped the castle to take a leisurely walk as usual. I suppose I should expect nothing less from the ruler of the land."

 


"Haha. You haven't changed. I can see that my cat hasn't learned how to properly address his master."

 


The young man Baekhyun called the Chess King smiled, seemingly unfazed by the patronizing greeting. 

 


"However..."

 


The Chess King lightly his chin with a fingertip and narrowed his eyes in amusement. 

 


"If she's with the Cheshire Cat, then this young lady must be Alice."

 


The Chess King moved his gray eyes to me and smiled softly. I smiled politely and bowed to the young man who was looking this way.

 


"How do you, Chess King. I'm Kyungsoo. I'm also known as 'Alice', but my real name is Do Kyungsoo."

 


I spoke clearly as I stared straight into his pale gray eyes. The young man seemed taken aback by my forwardness, before suddenly realizing something.

 


"...Forgive me. I was so taken in by your beauty that I neglected to introduce myself. And, well, there is not a person in Wonderland who doesn't know who I am, so... How remiss of me."

 


My mind was made up. 

 


(The Chess King is undoubtedly as smooth as Baekhyun... The first half of his speech, about being taken in by my beauty, strikes me as complete flattery.)

 


The last half, about neglecting to introduce himself, I was sure could be taken at face value.

 


(No wonder he's the King. I have to hand it to him, he's definitely smooth.)

 


He was full of self-assurance when he smiled and told me his name. 

 


"I am Chanyeol. Park Chanyeol. I am King of this Chess Kingdom."

 


The Chess King--Chanyeol definitely exuded an air of royalty. He spoke with confidence and his voice emitted a strong sense of dignity. 

 


"I suppose you could call me, a friend of Baekhyun's. We seem to be stuck together."

 


"Hm..."

 


I was somewhat surprised by Chanyeol's explanation. 

 


(I'm sure they could get away with their earlier conversation because they were close, but... I'm still surprised by the fami

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter