Chapter 28: Cheshire Cat's Past

Been Through (Destined Lovers in Wonderland)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol ended up bringing me to a library in Wonderland.

 

 

"I heard that there was a library in this world, but... I never even imagined it would be this magnificent."

 


I caught word of some rumors about a library in Wonderland as the days went by. But this was the first time I've actually been here. Chanyeol kindly gave me some advice while I was instinctively letting out a gasp of amazement. 

 


"Listen, Alice. Do not touch any book unless I tell you that you can open it. There are some books here that have been specifically sealed, and you will be cursed if you try to open them. The badly behaved ones will bite you if you try to open them, and some of the magical ones will spit fire at you."

 


"Well, that doesn't sound too fun..."

 


I shrugged my shoulders in response. But there was no reason for me not to listen, so I decided to do whatever he said. Only our footsteps echoed in the empty library of the night. Chanyeol stopped in front of a certain bookshelf.

 


"Alice, all the books on this shelf are extremely important documents. Only a select few in Wonderland are allowed to touch them."

 


"So does that mean I'm not allowed to read them?"

 


"Exactly. But you'll be able to touch them with my permission."

 


Chanyeol smirked and lightly raised a hand in the air.

 


"In the name of the Chess King, I permit Alice access."

 


The bookshelf radiated as it was showered in Chanyeol's magic. He pulled out a book before the spell's light even dimmed. On the cover was the title Wonderland's Memories. After Chanyeol handed me the book, I immediately opened it...

 


"What's this? All the pages are blank."

 


He fooled me. As I furrowed my brows, Chanyeol said...

 


"Touch one of the pages. You should be able to read it then."

 


Perplexed, I reached out and brushed my fingers across a blank page. It felt like any ordinary piece of paper. However... Vibrant scenery and images whirled about in my head the moment my fingers gently touched it. Are these the memories of Wonderland?

 


*I could see a small boy standing in the dark. 

 


(Is that Baekhyun...?)

 


Somebody was pulling little Baekhyun along by the hand.

 


(...! That's the Spinner of Tales...!)

 


That was the person who invited me to Wonderland and sealed my memories into the lake. In the depth of darkness, the Spinner of Tales opened a radiating door of light and took Baekhyun into Wonderland.

 


"Welcome to Wonderland, Byun Baekhyun. From now on, you are going to be known as 'Cheshire Cat' in this world."

 


"Cheshire Cat? What am I supposed to do?"

 


"The Cheshire Cat's role is to guide Alice. You are to lead Alice astray, trap her in this world, and make sure she enjoys her never-ending adventure in Wonderland."

 


"Where is this Alice?"

 


"Alice...is unfortunately not here yet. As soon as I find a girl worthy of being Alice, I will bring her to Wonderland."

 


"Then...does that mean I don't have a role until Alice gets here?"

 


"Exactly, Baekhyun. Everyone else here has been given a role as a character in my story... But you still have nothing. The Cheshire Cat's existence only has meaning with Alice."

 


The word of Spinner of Tales brought young Baekhyun to a silence. Then, the young boy eventually muttered...

 


"If Alice isn't here... Then my life in Wonderland is also meaningless..."*

 


I quietly closed the book. Thereupon, I reflected on Baekhyun's behavior and actions up until today.

 


*"...Okay, I get it. Just let me go, Baekhyun!"

 


I begged as I struggled to break free. However, his arms did not even budge.

 


"Why?"

 


"Why?! What do you think?!"

 


"I've been waiting for you for so long. And now we've finally together. Can't I at least hug you like this?"

 


~~*~~

 


"Then why are you following me, Baekhyun?" 

 


"Because I don't want to be apart from you. I mean..."

 


Baekhyun smiled from ear to ear as if he were amused...or as if he were really happy.

 


"I have been waiting for you for so long."*

 


(Everything he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter