Get A Grip Of Yourself And Stop Being A Stuttering Mess

In Love With My Straight Best Friend

"You feel as if everything is perfect, but suddenly, out of nowhere, your whole life falls apart." 

After going to Umji's house, I decided to just roam around the neighborhood by going slow as a turtle so I can mock the people driving behind me. A car began to repeatedly honks its horn and I just stiffled a laugh. They tried to bypass me, but just to their luck, a van appeared out of nowhere stopping them. 

Just when the van passed, they speed up and rolled down a window and guy climbed out and yelled. "ING SLOW ."

I rolled down the window too, just to stick out my middle finger. The expression of the guy was hilarious, it was a mix of shocked and indignant and I couldn't stop myself from laughing out loud.

After that incident, I began to drive at a normal speed and in half an hour I arrived safely at the house. I was smiling while I opened the door, but my smile quickly vanished when I saw the glaring eyes of Sowon and an almost tearful Yerin. 

"WHERE THE WERE YOU?" Sowon shouted in my face, now it was my time to be shocked.

I stuttered as I tried to make a comprehensible sound while pointing behind me. "I-I-I was, I was." 

I got cut when I felt two pair of arms hugging me and someone began sobbing on my shoulders. Once again, I stood still, so still that I seemed to have a broomstick on my back. 

"I was so worried," Yerin stiffled a sob as she hugged me closer and my breath hitched as she did so. 

"You-you were?" I asked as I felt my heart thumping loud on my chest. For goodness sake, Eunbi get a grip of yourself and stop being a stuttering mess.

Yerin nodded her head and I looked up to see Sowon rolling her eyes at me. "Don't do that again. Please." 

I looked down to see Yerin with a cute puppy expression.

My heart melted and I couldn't resist to squeeze her cheek. "Okay, love. I won't do that again." 

She smiled, showing her famous eye smile and I felt my heart beat faster. 

"Thanks," she said softly and I got red all of a sudden and I was internally screaming. God, this is too much for me to take. I stared at her eyes and she stared back, we hold our gazes as we smiled at each other. I couldn't take my eyes off her  

I heard someone fake gag and the voice of Eunha came out of nowhere. "Just ing kiss already, the is just too overwhelming." 

We suddenly parted away from each other as if we were touching something that was sizzling hot. My face was red as well as hers.

"I-I, we, I," she began to stutter and her face growing red each second it passed. 

"I'm just kidding," Eunha laughed and she then resumed to take a photo of our embarassed faces. Thanks to that, now I was so red a tomato would be jealous of me. 

Yerin's eyes went wide as if she finally understood it was a bad joke and a really bad one, that could possibly ruin our relationship, maybe. "Oh well." 

She laughed nervously and I just wanted that the earth will open a hole and pull me in. Even though, I wasn't the one who said that, still it was really awkward between us.

"Oh, Sinb. Did it affect you too much that it even left you speechless?" Eunha asked, waking me up from my 'nightmare.' I glanced at Sowon, who was raising an eyebrow at me. I pleaded her with my eyes so that she can say something and save me from answering that question. 

I knew, I was a goner when she turned her head sideways and ignored me completely. Gosh, she was really mad then. I'll talk to her later. 

"I, I'm-" I began to stutter again. This is the worst time to stutter, I glanced towards the floor, not wanting to look at their eyes because for sure I'll go all red. 

"YO! Sinb! Your mother is calling you," Jackson shouted as he came downstaris with a phone in his hand. I was never so grateful of his appereance. He was my dear saviour, right now. 

I practically snatched the phone and walked towards the living room. "Hello?"

"Honey, how are you?" My mothers' voice came out of the phone. I was a little bit surprised, since I haven't heard my mothers' voice for too long. 

"I'm okay mom, and you?" I said as I breathed out in relief. I was really thankful for her sudden call. 

"I'm great. I called to your phone but it seems like you turned it off?" She asked and I grabbed my phone from my back pocket. I tried to turn it off but its battery was dead. 

"It's dead," I muttered and she just hummed. "So, what's up? How's dad?" 

"About that," she trailed off and she stayed silent for a minute. "Your father recieved a raise, but he will be moved to somewhere else." 

She said so really fast that I barely understood. She stayed silent for another minute and suddenly, out of nowhere, my heart began to beat rapidly.

"Okay, that's great. Where to? Is he going to buy an apartment?" I asked and she breathed in some air. I have this feeling that it won't be some good news. 

"Actually, since the place he's going is on the other side of the world and," my mother explained rapidly and I waited for her to finish.

"Oh okay, and?"

"We will be moving with him. All of us, including your cousins." 

My heart dropped. "What?" 

I asked shakily and she began to explain why we had to move, but I didn't hear her at all. I looked at Yerin, who was laughing at something that Sowon said. She glanced at me and she smiled, her eyes forming beautiful crescents. My eyes welled with tears, I can't leave her. I simply can't.  

"Honey?" My mother's worried tone brought me back to this brutal reality. 

"What?" I croaked out.

"Are you okay?" 

"Actually, mom. Can I stay?" I asked, glancing towards Yerin. "I want to finish high school in here, and I'm in my last year. Please, just let me finish school in here." 

I pleaded as my eyes were trained on Yerin. 

My mother breathed out and she hesitated to talk. "I"m sorry." 

I didn't hear her after. I felt my knees go weak and I dropped to the floor. 

"Sinb!" I heard someone shout to me. I didn't care to lift up my head, I put my hands on my face and the tears began to fall freely. I began to cry out loud. 

Who, would have thought that just two words could break up my entire world?

 

_____________________________________________________

Hello! How long has it been since I updated this story? Since about a month and a half? I don't know, something like that. I'm sorry for not updating, but I've been so overworked this past weeks that I didn't have the time to actually write or even breath. So, I'm sorry for taking too much. 

Now, ummm I'm sorry about the sudden turn out of events. About Sinb, moving overseas and leaving the person she's in love here. 

She hasn't even confessed, I know. But, who knows, maybe later something will happen. 

Either way, I want your thoughts about this chapter, even if it was a bit short. 

Now, thanks to the 111 suscribers. You guys are the best, all of you really. I love you! 

So, see you until next chapter (I don't know when, but it'll be soon, I hope) 

Byeeeeeee, 

-Lu