Whoosh There Goes My Friendship

In Love With My Straight Best Friend

"You feel there's something sweet going on between the two of you. Something beyond words. You wait and wait. But still, nothing's happening." 

I woke up with the sudden urge to go to the bathroom. I looked to my right and saw that Yerin was still sleeping peacefully next to me, it felt normal until I remembered what happened last night. It was enough to make woke up completely. 

I still couldn't believe that she actually kissed me, out of nowhere. She just did. And it wasn't like she was thinking it was someone else, no, she said my name so it was obviously directed to me. But why did she kiss me? Isn't she straight? Perhaps she has been secretly in love with me through all this time and she's just using Taehyung as a cover and that Taehyung is using Yerin as a cover too to hide his romantic feelings towards Jungkook? 

... 

Nah, I'm probably overthinking everything. Yeah, that's right. I'm overthinking it. Maybe when she wakes up, she'll explain to me why did she did that. 

Either way, I got up from bed and walked towards the bathroom that was in her room. I tried to be as quiet as possible so I don't wake her up. Luckily, I managed to get out of her room without her noticing. 

I closed the door behind me and tiptoed towards the kitchen. When I arrived I saw that Sowon and Eunha were having a chit chat with coffee mugs on their hands and Yuju was flipping some pancakes on the stove. 

"Good morning," I mumbled while sitting on a stool. Sowon and Eunha turned to see me with a erted look and Yuju just plainly ignored me. 

"Morning you little rascal," Sowon sat beside me with a smile on her face. 

"Slept well last night?" Eunha wiggled her eyebrows and made some kissing noise. 

"Slept like a baby," I replied ignoring completely their little assumptions. 

"You must be really tired if you slept like a baby last night," Eunha smirked and I rolled my eyes. 

"Yuju-yah, please save me from these two old ert men," I said whining to Yuju. She, instead just dropped a plate on the table with some pancakes in it and resumed to do more. 

"Ohhhh, someone is jealous," Sowon and Eunha said at the same time. Yuju ignored them too. I watched her back as she skillfully flipped over a pancake. What did they meant by being jealous? 

"Morning Yerin, I bet you are having a headache. In the kitchen isle there's some pills and water for you," Yuju said out of nowhere. The three of us turned around to see a sleepy Yerin, nodding at what Yuju said. 

God she looked adorable with the sleepy face and irritated expression. She looked extremely adorable, just like a baby. How I want to squish her cheeks. 

"Stop eye ing her. She just woke up, damn control your hormones you ," Sowon whispered in my ear waking me up from my daze. 

"I wasn't eye ing her," I thought I said it low enough but it came out as a shout. And everyone turned to see me as if I had another head sprouting out of my neck. 

"Eye ing who?" Yuju asked with an eyebrow raised and crossing her arms. 

Yerin on the other hand, was holding her ears while grimacing. "No need to shout." 

"No one," I felt myself blush and to stop another question to be shoot at my way as to who I was eye ing, I stuffed a big piece of a pancake and chewed it slowly. 

Sowon laughed at my reaction. "That was hilarious." 

"So, Yerin," Eunha asked when Yerin sat on the opposite side of us. "How much do you remember about last night?" 

I almost chocked on the big piece of pancake I had on my mouth. I tried to swallow the piece and I snatched Sowon's coffee mug. 

"Hey! That's mine," Sowon took it off from my lips and brought it closer to me. 

"I'm sorry. It was a bad idea of eating a big piece," I said coughing a little bit. I looked up to see Yerin glancing at me, we hold eye contact for a moment before she shook her head and turned her attention to Eunha. I looked at my plate while sulking a little. What did that meant? 

"Pardon me, but what did you said?" She asked and I almost melted at her somehow husky voice. Sometimes she sounded nearly comical, but I don't know if it was because of the kiss yesterday or that I was indeed a just like Sowon stated, that it actually . 

"I asked: How much do you remember about last night?" Eunha repeated her question and Yerin looked up while thinking. She then, shook her head and drank what was left of her water. 

"Nothing much. Just that I began to drink and then I, em, was in my room and," she cleared and was about to drink some water, but then realized that she already finished the glass so she laughed nervously. "No. I don't remember what happened next." 

She got quiet for a second. "Will you give me more water? Please?" 

Yuju nodded and grabbed her glass. Yerin kept on looking down, not meeting our eyes and she looked up just when Yuju brought her the glass full of water. She chugged it down in a gulp and placed the glass on the table. 

"You really don't remember anything?" Eunha repeated her question and Yerin nodded. "Oh well." 

"Now that I think about it," Sowon asked breaking the silence that was settling in the kitchen. "Where did you go last night?" 

I froze. It wasn't like, I did something wrong or whatever but I don't know it felt uncomfortable to speak about what I did last night. 

"Oh, I, went to Umji's house," I said stuttering a little as I felt all eyes on me. 

"Umji?" Yuju furrowed her eyebrows. 

"Yeah. You don't know her, she's a year younger than us," I explained quickly. 

"How did you met her?" Now it was Eunha's turn to ask. 

"Oh, em yesterday? I thought she was being bullied so I 'saved' her, but she wasn't. In the end, I asked her phone number and she gave it to me and we started talking," I explained again. 

"Then, why did you went to her house?" Sowon asked again. This was getting a bit stressing and also Yerin wasn't even looking at me nor speaking to me. 

"It was her birthday too and she didn't celebrate it. No one was in her house so I went to house and bought cupcake because I couldn't buy her a cake. I even bought a candle so she can blew," I was cut off suddenly when Yerin got up and practically shoved her chair into the table. She placed her plates on the sink and marched upstairs without saying anything. 

I watched her back as she ascended to her room. 

"Wow, jealousy is a trending topic this morning," Eunha said while laughing a little bit. I rolled my eyes and finished the pancake. 

"She's not jealous. She's just tired and hungover too," I said while picking up my plate and placing it in the sink. "I bet that if it were you, you wouldn't even want anybody speaking in your face." 

She stuck out her tongue while I did too. I walked upstairs and went towards Yerin's room, not bothering to knock. 

Well, I must say that whenever there is someone in a room with their door closed knock first, because you don't really expect what you are going to see next. 

I opened the door and saw a topless Yerin changing into new clothes. I stayed frozen for a minute looking at her body... well... 

When I glanced up, her eyes were wide and her cheeks were a little bit pink. "I'm so sorry. . I'm sorry." 

My cheeks were red too, since I felt that they were burning up. I closed the door while muttering a bunch of apologies. I rested my back on the door and breathed out. 

Oh god. She realized I just fully and openly checked her out. I'm so stupid. So stupid. Whoosh there goes my friendship. Just like that. I bet you she doesn't want to even speak to me after I did that. 

Inside my inner turmoil, I didn't realize that she was grabbing the doorknob and opening her door. I almost lost my balance and almost fall against her, but luckily I was fast enough so I turned around and muttered a sorry again. 

I couldn't make eye contact with her and I sure couldn't keep on being in the same house as her. So instead of staying and trying to come up with a logical answer, I just ran downstairs, not really  caring that they were asking where I was going or that Yerin called my name. I just needed to get out of there and fast. 

_______________________________

Hiiiii. 

Short chapter. Again. I'm sorry.

But either way, thank you for suscribing and for the comments on the story.

You know, umm the story is written as a protagonist so we see the events through Sinb's eyes. So we/you don't know exactly what the other ones think, now in respect to that, I don't know if I should make a chapter on Yerin's POV (not right now, but later on in the story) or even make it from another character point of view. What do you think? 

And please, call me Lu. Drop the formalities (I think those are formalities...? I don't exactly know *scratches head*). But the point is, just call me Lu. 

Anyways, I love you all. And thank you, again, 

See you on the next chapter,

-Lu