There's No Heteroual Explanation About This

In Love With My Straight Best Friend

"I wish you could hear all the words I'm afraid to say." 

Things have progressed a bit slow for my liking. Although, I pass almost all of my time with my friends and not with her which I'm glad because I don't have to be so heartbroken every time she's with her boyfriend, but I still feel empty without her being by my side. 

And as if it wasn't enough, her birthday is already today and I hadn't planned anything special for her and even I hadn't bought her any present. Wow, I'm such a good friend. 

But I was somewhat saved because she decided she'll do a party at her house since her parents are on a weekend trip to the other side of the world. Now the only thing that I need to get is her birthday present. Which it'll be a piece of cake. 

I don't know why, but throughout these days, I've been a little bit clueless whenever I'm walking on the halls. So it didn't surprise me that I collided with someone on the hallway. 

I landed hard on my because I lost my balance since I placed my foot wrong and I saw that the other person's books were sprawled on the floor.

"Oh, I'm so sorry," I got up and began helping the girl to pick up her books. "I'm so so sorry, I wasn't seeing where I was going. I'm sorry." 

I began apologizing because it really was my fault, but how come she didn't see that we were walking towards the same direction? 

She didn't glance up at all, she kept on looking down while grabbing her books and as I gave her the rest she just snatched them from my hand. I frowned. Is she being bullied? 

"I'm sorry," I said again as the two of us got up and she just walked past me without sparing me a glance. Hmmm, that was a weird encounter. 

I shrugged my shoulders and walked to the cafeteria, where my friends were waiting for me. I sat next to Yuju and Eunha. I glared at the table, still worrying a little bit about the unknown girl. 

"Hey, what's going on in that beautiful mind of yours?" Yuju asked snapping me back to reality. 

"Are you thinking about what you are going to give to her today?" Asked Eunha at the same time as Yuju. 

I didn't know who to answer first, but what Yuju said made me a little bit shy. I turned to see her with a tiny smile on my lips. 

"Actually I was thinking about what I was going to give to her," I didn't lie but I didn't said the whole truth either. I smiled at them but Sowon eyed me suspiciously. 

"Sure. Didn't you already bought her the present?" Sowon asked and I tensed up. 

"No, I didn't," I trailed off, frowning a little bit. 

"You sure? Cause I saw that you brought a gift two days before," she said with a sly smile. 

"No, I'm sure that I didn't bought her a gift. Wait. Do you mean when I came to the house carrying a teddy bear?" I asked her and she nodded. "Oh, it was from my father. He sent it for me, he said that it reminded him of me." 

"Uncle gave it to you?" Jackson asked joining the conversation, I nodded. "I thought that some freak gave it to you." 

"What do you mean by freak?" I asked raising an eyebrow. 

"Oh you know, by some guy that want's to be your boyfriend," he said shrugging his shoulders. Even though he isn't my brother, he really is overprotective although he doesn't exactly know that I like my best friend.

I laughed nervously. "No. I'm not interested in guys, you know that." 

I felt suddenly uncomfortable because everyone was looking at me. I cleared my throat and looked down at my palms. 

"Uncle didn't told you when he was going to come back?" Asked Sowon, breaking the silence and I glanced at her thanking her for changing the topic. 

"No, he didn't but I expect he'll come back soon," I said and she smiled. 

"In what does your dad works?" Asked a confused Eunha. "Because, it seems to be something important since you have a mansion as a home." 

"Oh, he is a famous business man. So that's why he's always absent, going to meetings to other countries you know," I said and she nodded. 

But then we all fell silent until the bell rang, signaling that we have the next class. 

"See you later tonight," I said as I grabbed my things and the others just nodded. 

I practically ran to my next class since it was on the other side of campus. 

As I was passing through a big tree, I saw that there were a circle of guys surrounding a person. I was going to keep running to class since it's none of my business but I heard that some guy suddenly shouted. 

"Why can't you go out with me? I'm perfect for you, we belong to each other," he desperately shouted. Honey, if you thought that she's going to say yes know she's definitely going to say no. 

"Answer me you useless girl," he said again and I turned around to see who he was begging. My eyes went wide as I saw that it was the same girl that I bumped today. 

I stopped running just to see that the guy grabbed her forcefully by her shoulders, shaking her. I don't know why but I suddenly got angry at what the guy was doing. I ran towards them and just when he raised his hand, I got in front of the girl protecting her from the slap. 

I felt as my cheek started to burn from the impact and when he looked that he slapped someone else, he went pale. 

"The worst thing you could do is to raise your hand to a woman just because she said no," I said as I kept the girl hidden behind my back. 

"And who the are you?" The guy spat at my face and I looked at his shoulders and saw he was visibly shaking. 

"Just a simple girl who was passing by," I said shrugging my shoulders. 

"Then stay out of it, it isn't your business," he said towering over me. I raised an eyebrow. 

"Well, I just made it my business now," I said squaring up my shoulders and looking at him straight in the eye. 

"Just step out of the way little girl, I don't want you to get in trouble," he said as he lowered himself to be at my same height. 

I smiled sweetly at him and he smiled at me. I nodded but then I punched him in the nose. He yelped in pain and grabbed his bleeding nose, the guys that were with him went to check if he was doing al right. 

"Thank you for that," I exclaimed and grabbed the girl's hand. I dragged her with me until I was sure that the guys weren't following us. I went towards a bathroom and closed the door behind us. 

I put my hands on my knees as I tried to regain my breath. She did the same. 

"I thought that I will never see you again," I said panting as I looked up to her. "What's your name by the way?" 

"Umji," she said in a low voice. She looked up to meet my eyes. 

Wow. She was really pretty. She had brown almond shaped eyes and brown hair, that reached way below her shoulders. She was petite and tall but not as tall as me, she looked so fragile that I was afraid she'll break if I touch her.

"That's a cute name," I said standing up straight. "My name is Sinb." 

"I know," she muttered. 

"Say what?" I asked her and she just shook her head. 

"Why did you do that?" 

"Do what?" 

"Save me from him." 

"Oh. You looked pretty uncomfortable and things were getting out of hand so I thought why not?" I said smiling at her. She looked at me confused. 

I cleared my throat. "I'm just a little bit curious, perhaps are you getting bullied?" 

She tilted her head. "No. Why?" 

"I thought you were because of how you are acting," I said glancing at the ground and she just giggled. 

"No, I'm not. It's just that I was running from that guy before when I collided with you. He's been chasing me all this week, until today that he caught up with me," she said smiling and I nodded. 

"Wait. That's why you snatched your books and practically ran away?" I asked and now it was her time to nod. "Now it makes sense. But wait, I never have seen you on school." 

"Oh, about that. I'm actually a year younger than you," she smiled. 

"Oh. That's why," I said and we got quiet. The bell rang and I knew that I missed a period. 

"Damn it," she muttered and began grabbing her bag from the floor. "I need to go. Thank you for that stunt you made earlier." 

She was about to leave. 

"Wait. Could I at least have your number?" I asked her and she raised an eyebrow. 

"Sure," she said and I got my phone out. She told me her number and I added her on my contact list. 

"I should get going, thank you," she said and walked out of the bathroom. I smiled. 

I went to the next class we had, which I shared with the one and only Yerin. When I arrived, the professor wasn't there and there was a spot next to Yerin. 

She raised her hand and waved at me. I smiled. 

"Where were you?" She asked as I sat down. "You weren't on last class and what happened to your cheek?" 

She glided her finger on my cheek and I winced. I thought it hadn't left a mark since Umji didn't told me anything.  

"Come, I'll take you to the nurse," she grabbed me by my hand and guided me out of the classroom. I followed her while smiling foolishly. 

She entwined her fingers with mine and I felt my heart beat faster than before. If this was my award every time I got hurt, then I have to make sure to bang my head a couple of times before I meet her. 

Now that sounded crazy...

"But what about class?" 

"I don't care, you are hurt and that's my priority now," we arrived at the nurse but she wasn't there. 

She sat me on the bed and went towards the cooler. She grabbed an ice pack and carefully placed it on my cheek. 

I winced as I felt the coldness on my cheek. 

"I'm sorry," she muttered and I nodded. 

"S'okay." 

"How did you got this?" She asked getting really close at my face, so close that I could see her mole on her eye. 

"Oh. I just saved Umji from a bad confession," I stuttered as we locked eyes. 

"Who is Umji?" She asked frowning. 

"Oh, eh, she's just a girl I met today," I stutter again as my heart beat faster. I cleared my throat and grabbed the ice pack from her hand. 

"I can do it myself." 

She didn't look like she wanted to give me the ice pack but she reluctantly did. She got up and went towards a cabinet on the wall. 

I exhaled and tried to calm myself from her being so close to me. God. What did I do to deserve this? 

I grabbed my phone and realized that I had Umji's phone number saved.

I smiled and texted her.

Sinb: Hey, Umji-yah. Did that guy is still bothering you? If he is, just tell me and I punch his face for you. By the way, it's Sinb.

I ended the text with a smile and pressed send. 

The message was left on seen a few seconds later. 

Sinb: Uhm, is this the right number? Because if it isn't, god I'm so embarrassed.

Just a few seconds later I saw that she was typing. 

Umji: Yes this is the right number. Now go back to class and pay attention. 

I shook my head and smiled. This girl is some serious case. 

"Hey, who are you texting to?" Yerin leans on my shoulders and peeks on my phone. 

I feel my ears go red at how close she was. "To Umji." 

She stays quiet for a minute but then she hugs me. 

"You know, I feel that you are being taken away from me," she murmurs on my ears and I suddenly tense up. I laughed nervously. 

"Really?" I ask her and she just hummed her answer. My heart was now running a marathon when I felt that she got closer to me. 

I gulped hard. I looked everywhere trying not to think too much about her sudden reaction and act of jealousy. Just my luck, the bell rang signaling the end of the day. 

I cleared my throat and got up. "Would you hear that? School has ended and you need to go to prepare for your party today and I need to do some errands before. Thank you for taking care of me. See you later at the party, birthday girl." 

I laughed nervously and bolted out of the nurse office. I left Yerin sitting with slouched shoulders on the bed. 

When I was sure she wasn't near me, I exhaled and relaxed myself a little bit. Although there was a swarm of butterflies flying on my stomach, it wasn't something that I couldn't handle. 

I shook my head and clenched my jaw. Today was definitely a mess. 

 

The party was, between you and I,  pretty boring. There was a bunch of people invited and the music was pretty good, but I felt as if it lacks something. 

I raised an eyebrow as I sipped from red solo cup and glanced at the obviously tipsy Sowon and Eunha dancing. I smiled as Eunha tripped and almost fell onto Sowon's chest. 

"Wow, didn't know that the good girl is actually bad," someone said on my ear and I turned to see a smirking Yuju. 

I laughed. "Nah, it's only coke." 

"With rum." 

I shook my head. "Nope. Just coke." 

"Sure, whatever you say," she said as she sipped from her own cup. I felt a vibration on my pocket from a notification. I got it out and saw that Umji has texted me. 

Umji: And you have the decency to leave me on seen? Tsk tsk. And here I thought that you actually liked me.

Sinb: Oh. I'm so sorry. I didn't notice it. 

Umji: Sure sure. 

Sinb: Hahaha, I'm sorry, okay? 

Umji: It's fine. 

Sinb: You aren't fine. It's pretty obvious. 

Umji: I said I'm fine. Can't you read what I send before? 

Sinb: Damn. No need to be like that. 

She read the message but she didn't answer me. Hmm, this doesn't look good. 

Sinb: What are you doing? 

Umji: Nothing much, just singing to myself a happy birthday song. 

Sinb: Wait. Today is your birthday? 

Umji: Well, yes. I said so before didn't I? 

Sinb: Why didn't you told me?

Umji: You never asked. 

I looked at the time. It's only 8 o'clock. I can manage to go and buy a cupcake or something. 

Umji: What are you doing? 

Sinb: I'm in a party. Where do you live? 

Umji: Why do you ask? 

Sinb: Just tell me where. 

She sent me her address and I nodded. 

Sinb: Stay where you are. I'm going to your house. 

Umji: It isn't like I can go anywhere. 

I gave my unfinished drink to Yuju who was looking at me confusedly. 

"Where are you going?" She asked as she grabbed the cup with her other hand. 

"To celebrate someone's birthday," I said hurriedly. 

"You know that if she founds out, she'll be heartbroken," Yuju said making me halt. 

"I'll be back without her noticing," I said and I began to walk when I heard a voice making me halt again. 

"Without who noticing what?" I turned around to see Yerin with her arms crossed. 

"I'll be back before midnight, I promise. But I really need to go," I said but she grabbed my arm stopping me from taking one more step. 

"No. I don't want you to leave me," she grabbed strongly my wrist but I just shook her hand away. "I want to be with you." 

"God, Yerin. You haven't even spared me a glance since the party started, your eyes were only glued to Taehyung all this time. So please, nothing will change if I leave for a little while," I said getting frustrated about her comment. I glanced at Yuju who was cautiously walking away from our conversation. I rolled my eyes and saw a pouting Yerin looking at the floor. 

"I'll come back, I promise. It'll be quick," I said in the sweetest tone I could muster. I grabbed her shoulders and squeezed them. She nodded a little bit sad. 

I smiled at her and walked to the front door. I ran towards my car and practically zoomed out of the street to the nearest bakery. 

I parked the car and bolted to the door. Just my luck, the bakery haven't closed yet. I opened the door and walked inside. I ordered a cupcake and asked if they had a candle, luckily they had ones (don't ask me why), but I even payed for them too. I shouted a thank you and walked out of the bakery. 

I got into my car and drove towards the address Umji gave me. When I arrived, I noticed that the the only window that had lights on was in front of her porch. I placed the cupcake with the candle on the floor and grabbed two tiny pebbles. I threw them to her window and after a few seconds she appeared on the windowsill. 

I mouthed her a come down and signaled her a spot next to me. She didn't do anything, she disappeared from the window and I grabbed the cupcake from the floor. 

A few minutes later, she opened the front door and I began singing her the happy birthday song. She looked like she wanted the ground to swallow her alive, but I knew she internally liked it. 

"Now blow the candle," I said placing the cupcake in front of her face. "Make a wish." 

"But it isn't even-"

"Shh. I know. Just pretend it is and make a wish," I said pushing the cupcake closer to her face. She rolled her eyes but she ended doing what I told her. "Happy Birthday." 

I placed the cupcake on her hand. "Why are you doing this?" 

I shrugged my shoulders. "I don't know. It was on an impulse I suppose." 

"It seems weird. I met you today and you literally just skipped a party to give me a cupcake. You are weird," she glances at me weirdly making me laugh. She sat down on the porch and I did the same. 

"I like you. Like as a person, you know not in the like like but I like you as a-" 

"I understand. No need to keep on friend zoning me," she said shaking her head and then munching on the cupcake. 

"Wait. Did I hurt your feelings?" 

"Not at all. You aren't exactly my type." 

"I'm everyone's type," I say with a smirk. 

"Well, not everyone," she trailed off while I just raised an eyebrow. "You are pretty obvious you know." 

"What are you talking about?" 

"That you like Yerin. Almost everyone knows about it," she said nonchalantly. 

"Wait, I'm I really that obvious?" I asked and she nodded. I felt my face grew hot. "Oh God." 

She giggled. "Don't worry, it seems like she hasn't noticed it." 

She got up and dusted her pajamas. "Now. As much as I am grateful that you came to celebrate my birthday, I think someone needs you better than me." 

I sighed and got up too. "She wasn't even paying me attention before." 

"Just go," she shooed me away and I reluctantly did so. 

"Happy birthday Umji," I shouted and she just waved her hand. I smiled and walked towards my car. I got in and drove towards Yerin's house. 

When I arrived at the house the party was still ongoing. I opened the door and was received by a worried looking Sowon. 

"Here you are. Where did you go? We have been looking all over for you," she grabbed me by my shoulders. "You need to stop her." 

"Stop who?" I asked confused. What did it had to happen for them to be searching for me. 

"Yerin. She's a mess. She started drinking beer after beer, out of nowhere," she explained while glancing behind me. "She got into a fight with Taehyung, because apparently she caught him cheating on her again. Well, that's what they said. You can't be so sure when half of the people in this room is drunk." 

"What? She is drunk? Where is she?" I asked getting worried. That doesn't sounds good at all. 

"She's on her room. We have restricted her to come down and also we were wrapping up the party right now," she said as she pushed me towards the stairs. "Go." 

I nodded and walked up to her room. When I was in front of her door, Moonbin was standing there acting as if he was guard. 

"Hey, I need to check up on her," I waved and smiled at him. As I was going to open the door, he put held my wrist, stopping me from opening the door. 

"Password." 

"There isn't a password you silly," I said as I grabbed the doorknob. 

"You can't enter without the password." 

"Damn it. Just get out of here," I said trying to push him out of the way. "God you're heavy. Move. I'll take care of her." 

"No. I need a password to allow you to enter." 

I groaned. "Just let me in. I'm her best friend for gods sake." 

"Whose also in love with her," he whispered. 

"Touche. But either way, just let me in," he rolled his eyes but he stepped out of the way. "Thank you." 

I walked inside the door and saw a drunk Yerin playing with the Jibang I gave to her today. 

"Why did you do this?" I asked her as I approached her slowly.

"Sinb-yah," she screamed gleefully and she practically ran to where I stood. She gave me a bear hug that made me loose my balance so the two of us fell down to the floor. 

God what's going on with me? Why do I loose balance so quickly nowadays? 

"Ouch," she said in a tiny voice. The two of us sat while I rubbed my . Damn, this one hurts. 

"Sinb-yah, why did you leave me?" She asked almost crying. She pouted and glared at me as if she was a little kid. 

"I'm here now, that's what matters," I said trying to soothe her a little bit. But her pout just increased. 

She gave me another hug but this time she put her hands around my neck. My heart began thumping loudly as she leaned into my ear and whispered. 

"You belong by my side. You are mine and mine only." 

My eyes went wide at her statement. Sure, you can think that she is jealous and possessive  as a friend but sincerely there's no heteroual explanation about this. 

"What?" I stuttered but I was caught off by her lips on mine. 

My eyes went wide when I realized that she was kissing me, like actually kissing me. And she was practically forcing me to respond, but what can I do? 

I was shocked. I stood still as if I was a column, my heart was beating erratically and I felt butterflies, no fireworks exploding on my stomach. 

I felt that she tarted kissing my jaw and then my neck but she suddenly stopped. I looked down at her sleeping face. 

Are you kidding me? She ing fell asleep? 

I shook my head and hauled her up to her bed. I layed beside her as she began snoring loudly. I looked up at her cieling and sighed. 

Who would have thought that one simple drunk kiss will start everything that's coming next? 

_________________________________

Hiiiiii! So, I am kinda experiencing a writers block and it's frustrating but anyways. I managed to settle some things, but I'm still getting used to my new schedule. 

This chapter is pretty long and so much happened in it. Umji appeared, Sinb skipped Yerin's birthday party to celebrate the birthday of Umji, Yerin got drunk, apparently Tae has cheated on her, and lastly Yerin kissed Sinb but then fell asleep. 

Wow.

There's no heteroual explanation about that.  

Hahahaha okay now, ehh. Thank you for the comments, suscribes and votes to the story. Thank you so much.

I love you, byeeeee.

-Lu