I Really Love Her, But Damn She is Dumb

In Love With My Straight Best Friend

"Never get attached to someone, unless they feel the same towards you because one sided expectation can mentally destroy you." 

Well as you can see, I'm internally screaming, but on the outside I have a blank expression. I got up and smiled shyly. 

"Hi!" I felt my cheeks heat up as she got nearer. She smiled tentatively, showing her cute indian dimple. 

She looked down, tucking a hair behind her ear. This was getting a little bit awkward, so when I was going to ask her what did she did on summer, she hugged me. I was shocked and paralyzed. 

She realized that I wasn't hugging her back so she began to step away, but I s my hands around her waist and hugged her back. I laid my head on the crook of her neck and sighed. Oh, how I missed her hugs. 

I would have hugged her more but someone cleared their throat, interrupting our precious moment. 

"What?" I sneered at Sowon while glaring at her. 

"Won't you present us to that lovely beauty?" Sowon smirked at me and I rolled my eyes. 

"Sowon this is Yerin," Sowon waved and Yerin smiled. "And that dork whose drooling is Jackson." 

"Hey, I'm not drooling you er," Jackson glared at my with a tint of red on his cheeks. 

"Yerin what?" Sowon asked Yerin, suddenly getting curious about her surname. Well it does makes sense because I only showed her pictures of Yerin but didn't actually said her name. 

"Jung Yerin," Yerin smiled at Sowon. "Nice to meet you Sowon." 

Something flashed in Sowon's eyes that I couldn't decipher what it meant. But I knew that it wasn't good because she became pretty guarded. I sent her a what-did-that-meant look but she smiled at me mouthing it's nothing. 

 "Nice to meet you too," Sowon said smiling at her, turning back to normal. That was weird. 

"So," I turned to Yerin. "What have you been up to?" 

Yerin smiled widely, showing her famous eye smile. "Do you remember Taehyung?" 

I nodded. Oh, I remember him so well. He was her ex-boyfriend and he cheated on her. He told her it was a drunk mistake. She was devasted and I was furious. So I payed him a visit.

I just visited him. To talk. That's all. I didn't teach him a lesson. No, not at all. 

"Well, he begged me to give him another chance, he told me that he loves me and that he'll do anything to get me back," she added rapidly. "He really is proving himself so I said yes and we're on a date now." 

"Wait. What?" I asked perplexed. God, seriously I really love her, but damn she is dumb. "Are you crazy? After all he did? Don't you remember? How devasted you were after he cheated?" 

"I know, I know," she sighed and grabbed my hands, I felt a shock of electricity when she touched me. "It's not like I'm getting back with him, it's only a date Eunbi. Don't be worried, I can take care of myself you know." 

I raised an eyebrow. "I still don't approve the idea." 

"Here is your order miss," a voice said out of nowhere and that's when I realized that we were on a restaurant. I looked at Yuju who was serving our food, she looked up and glanced at Yerin's hands holding mine. She grimaced. 

"Thank you," I told her cheerfully. She nodded sternly and walked away. I watched her confused at her reaction. What was that? 

"Sinb~" Yerin said, her voice full of aegyo.

"What?" I turned to look at her, she was watching me with puppy eyes. My eyes went wide and my heart beat rapidly. Goshhhhh, she looks pretty. Goshhhh, I'm dying inside. Goshhhh.

"Are you nervous?" She asked and I looked at her in confussion. 

"Nervous for what?"

"We are entering school tomorrow," she said frowning. "Don't tell me you forgot." 

"I- I didn't?" I stuttered and she raised her eyebrows. I did forget that tomorrow we start school. 

"You did, didn't you?" I just smiled guiltily at her and she rolled her eyes.  

"Yerin?" A deep voice asked. "Oh there you are."

Ladies and Gentlemen, meet the of the year. Kim Taehyung. Ugh, just looking at him I feel repulsed. 

"Yerin, I thought you left me," he said worriedly. 

"Oh, I'm sorry Tae," Yerin instantly began apologizing at him. He sighed and he glanced at out hands. When he saw who I was, his expression changed drastically. 

"Hi there Tae," I smirked and he glared at me. "How you've been? Is your leg and arm okay now?"

He sent me a fake smile. "Yes they are, thanks for asking." 

I smiled sweetly at him. "Be careful. You wouldn't want it to happen again would you?" 

He clenched his jaw. "No. Wouldn't want it." 

Yerin frowned, probably confused at our little interaction. "You fell down the stairs didn't you?" 

He nodded and I smirked. "I heard that you broke your arm and twisted your leg, am I wrong?" 

He glared at me. "No, you're right." 

Sowon looked back and forth between us three with a confused expression. I mouthed her a later and she nodded. I looked at Jackson who was busy, eating my plate. I gasped. Oh he didn't. 

"You should be careful next time," Yerin looked up at him, touching his arm. I sent daggers at the part they were touching. 

"Well, we should go," Yerin said grabbing the hand of Taehyung. Now my stare was on their entwined fingers. "See you later Sinb!" 

"Yeah, see you," I said feigning excitement. As she and the jerk went away, my exprassion became stoic. I sat rigidly, focusing at the tablecloth but not really looking at it. 

"Bi? Are you okay?" Sowon asked, shaking me out of my daze. I looked at her and smiled weakly. I nodded, but I couldn't assure her that I was fine because of the lump in my throat. 

I drank all the coke while watching how Jackson ate everything. I don't know why but I felt a weird sensation that someone was watching me, so I turned around and saw that Yerin was looking directly at me. I blushed and turned to see the table. I tried to hide my red face, but Sowon glanced at me with concern.

Dinner passed, without us talking at all. The only thing that turned good about it was that the cute waitress did indeed give me her number. But considering all that happened I wasn't in the mood.

 

We arrived at the house in a complete silence. Just as the engine of the car was turned off, I marched upstairs to my room. I grabbed my leather jacked and the keys of my bike. I ran downstairs, passing a confused Sowon. 

"Where are you going kid?" She shouted at me.

"Out." 

I opened the front door and there she was standing with her hand a milimeter from the bell. My heart was beating franatically on my chest and I suddenly got nervous, but I masked it and looked at her confused. 

"What are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be on a date?" 

"Oh I told him to drop me at your house," she blinked as if she was the one who was surprised. "Where are you going?" 

I exhaled. "Out. On my bike."

"Oh," she stood there awkwardly, looking at everywhere but my eyes. 

"Want to join me?" I asked her and she smiled brightly. I felt a swarm of butterflies on my stomach. 

She nodded so I went inside and fetched a helmet for her. She grabbed it and we walked towards the garage, but someone was already there.

"What are you doing here?" I asked astonished at Jackson, he was disarming my bike. "Why did you do that?" 

He grunted as he removed a wheel. "It's for your own good little one. You're quite reckless when you get angry. Either you went driving without a ing sense of direction and going high speed or you'll go to that underground club you always go to fight, I presume." 

I was perplexed. "How did you know?" 

"You fight? In an underground club?" Yerin asked surprised. "Isn't that dangerous and illegal?" 

"It isn't an underground club. I take MMA classes," I stated. I was shocked. How did he knew? I thought I was good at hiding it and worst of all is that Yerin now knows about it. Oh she is gonna kill me for not telling her. 

"MMA? What's that?" 

"Mixed Martial Arts is a sport that includes techniques from other martial arts and its a full-contact combat," I explained.

We got quiet for a moment until I sighed and glared at Jackson. "I'll head out for a minute." 

I turned to Yerin. "And you. I'll drop you off at your house." 

"What? Why?"  She asked pleading me with her eyes to take her somewhere and explain to her what's going on. I grabbed her arm and steered to a car. I opened the passenger door and told her to get in. 

I closed the door and turned to look at Jackson, who was sitting on the floor. "When I get back, the bike should be fixed." 

He shrugged and sighed. "Fine." 

I nodded and opened the door, I got inside and started the engine. I raced down the street and drove towards Yerin's house, which is like 20 minutes from mine if I go slow, if not it's like a 10 minutes ride. 

We didn't talk through most of the ride. Maybe because I didn't know what to say and maybe she was shocked about the news.  

"So you fight?" She asked breaking the silence, I glanced at her for a second and then turned to look back at the road. 

"Yes."

"Why?"

"Necessities." 

She got silent for a moment. "Why are you answering me like that?" 

"How?" I veered to the right and arrived at her house. I parked my car and waited for her to open the door. 

"One word," she said, turning on her seat so she can face me. 

I sighed. She touched my arm and I felt the electricity run through my body. 

"It's just," I felt silent. "It's because... I have a problem."

"What probelm?" She asked furrowing her eyebrows. 

You are the problem. "It's something I don't want to talk about. 

"Oh," she muttered and I closed my eyes, I hurt her. "Well, have a goodnight." 

She got out and jogged to the door. I waited till she was inside and raced down the street. I gripped the wheel and gritted my teeth.

I knew that what I told her, hurt her but if I told her the reason as to why I take classes of MMA, I'll have to explain everything to her and I'm not ready do to that. The reason I got into MMA was because I needed to let out my frustration, so what's better than to fight?

I gripped the wheel and gritted my teeth. What a great way to finish the summer. 

______________

Hi! So, I was supposed to upload the chapter yesterday buuuut I didn't have time. 

I learned my lesson. I'm not rewritting the title again, you don't know how embarrassed I was when I realized you can see it clearly. So I'm not making that mistake again. 

Now, about Taehyung. Don't get me wrong (I like the guy and all), but I needed someone to be Yerin's boyfriend and well, he was the first name that popped into my mind.

Another thing, this story is somewhat based on my love life although, some things did happen and others not. I just adapted it, into the Sinrin pair. So that's why Sinb does MMA. I don't take classes but I'm deeply interested in it. I do karate instead but that's out of the topic. 

Then, the shool system is based on my country. So they are entering school in august, before Yerin and Umji brithday. 

And I think that's all. I cleared up a little bit about the chapter. So, see you until next time. 

I love you!

-Lu