The Perks Of Being In Love With Your Straight Best Friend

In Love With My Straight Best Friend

So I uploaded the chapter but the title is so long so it doesn't actually appears in the box thingie. Well it says: THE PERKS OF BEING IN LOVE WITH YOUR STRAIGHT BEST FRIEND. Or I wrote it again? Ugh. This thing has to come with a manual, I swear I'm going crazy trying to figure out how this works.

________________________________________________

"Falling in love is like giving someone a gun, letting them point at your heart and trusting they won't pull the trigger." 

Everyone has fallen in love at least once in their life. Sometimes the person that they love, loves them back and they end up together. But on the other hand, you can completely fall head over heals for one person and they are or really ignorant or they know but don't feel the same. 

But then there's me. A naïve girl that has fallen in love with her best friend since 3 years ago, with 1 month, 15 days, 10 hours and 23 seconds, but who's counting? 

Anyways, it's summer and I haven't seen her since we had that tiny discussion and it's been killing me the time we've been apart. I sighed. My stomach grumbled. 

Ugh. I'm hungry. 

I got up and stumbled across the living room, almost getting hit by the couch. I glared at it. 

I went into the kitchen and towards the fridge. I opened it to see if there was something I can cook but there was nothing. Literally the fridge was empty. I groaned. 

Damn, I forgot to buy the groceries. Well, I'll have to search for food. 

"Sowon-ah!" I shouted. "I'm going out." 

"Where to?" Asked Sowon coming down the stairs with a lollipop on . 

Meet my lovely cousin. She moved in here with her brother because her parents couldn't handle them anymore, nice isn't? 

Fun fact: she's addicted to candies, especially lollipops. 

"Guess whose home kids?!" A deep voice shouted. "The most amazing guy in the world, motherers." 

And that is her brother, Jackson. He is, as you can see, an special case.

"Jackson! We're eating out!" I shout back earning a groan in response as he walks into the living room. 

"Whyyyy? Can't you cook or something?" 

"No you idiot. Some dickhead forgot to buy the groceries," Sowon answered him with a glare. What a colorful language. 

"I'm not a dickhead, dickhead," he retorts back frowning at Sowon. Something that definitely runs in them is that both of them are extremely gorgeous and when I'm standing next to the two of them, I feel like what, a potato? 

"Actually," I raised my hand shyly. "I was the one in charge of buying the groceries." 

"See? It wasn't my fault," Jackson says raising an eyebrow. "Now. Apologize." 

"Really?" Sowon asks me and I nod, she then turns to see her brother. "I'm sorry. But. You are still a dickhead." 

Then again, I think it runs in the family.

"You, ungrateful little-" 

"Language!" I stopped him into finishing that sentence. "You know, there are kids reading this." 

"Reading what? It's not like we are in a novel or something," said Jackson furrowing his eyebrows. "Now that'll be cool. It's like, I'll be portrayed as the handsome and cool cousin right?" 

"Don't forget stupid," butted in Sowon snickering. 

"Aish you little-" 

"LANGUAGE! How many times I have to repeat that? Huh?" I ask putting my hands on my hips. 

"What? It isn't like there's a kid in here," he says looking around the room but then his eyes landed on me. "Oh wait. There is one." 

"Ha ha very funny," I faked laughed and he smiled.

I looked at Sowon and she just rolls her eyes. 

"Let's go then," I began walking towards the front door but I didn't realize that the couch was directly in front of me, so I collided with it, stubbing my toe on the edge. "Ouch. GOD, YOU MOTHERING USLESS THING. I SWEAR YOU ARE JUST A PIECE OF , JUST LYING THERE DOING NOTHING. DAMN. THAT HURTS." 

"Tsk, tsk," I look up, since I landed on the floor trying to let the pain go by grabbing my feet, to see Jackson and Sowon shaking their heads at me. "What are those words miss? That's very unrespectful. Kid's will hear you." 

They continued shaking their heads and looking at me with disbelief. "What? It isn't like you would have said nicer things. So shush." 

"Let's just go," I said and they laughed while helping me to get up. We walked towards the garage and into the car, in which I rode on the back and Jackson with Sowon on the front. 

I smiled nervously. It's our first time on getting out together. We usually go our separate ways or not go out at all. 

"So. Where to?" Asks Jackson annoyingly happy. 

"I don't know. Bi?" Sowon turns around on her seat so she can have a better look at me. 

"Eh, to the new restaurant?" I hesitated and they nodded. 

"The one that screams: We're so fancy you can't afford us?" Asked Jackson and I muttered a yes, he shrugged. "It's fine by me." 

 

When we arrived, the restaurant was so full that we had to wait for about an hour for a table. Jackson grumbled at how we should've gone to a fast food restaurant instead. Sowon hit him on the back of his head and they started to bicker. I just chuckled at their interactions. 

Just in time, the hostess came and guided us to our table.

On the walk there, Jackson put his arm over my shoulder and began to crack some really corny jokes, making everyone to turn around to see us. I smiled at them. God, I've never been so glad to see a table in my whole life. 

"Hello, my name is Yuju and I'll be attending you tonight," the cute waitress smiled and handed us the menus. After telling her what we wanted to drink she left and I just stared at her until she was out of sight.

"She is pretty," Sowon said, she had caught me watching her because she had a sly smile. "You know, you should-." 

"No. I won't. She's probably straight. So no, I won't risk my chances," I stated while glaring at her. 

"Pretty? She's hot," an overly happy Jackson chirps in the conversation. 

"You know that you should just forget her," Sowon said ignoring completely the comment of her brother. "Loving her does you no good." 

"I can't just do that. I'm scared that if I forget her, I'll loose her completely. I prefer living with this constant pain and be by her side, than living with a worse pain and not having her next to me," I sighed and slumped in the chair. "The perks of being in love with your straight best friend." 

I couldn't stop myself into saying that. 

Sowon pursed her lips, obviously mad at what I said, but the waitress came with our drinks and she just stared at me. I smiled at Yuju and thanked her when she gave me my coke. 

"You're welcome," she says smiling at me. "Would you like to order now?" 

We actually haven't seen the menu but Jackson butts in and says that we are. So I just rapidly browse the choices of food and decided into a lasagna. She jotted everything down while biting her lip. I unconsciously my lips. 

"Anything else?" She looked at us, her brown eyes shining. 

"Yes," I said and everyone turned to see me. "Your number." 

Sowon mouth was agape and Jackson's eyes went wide. When I realized what I said, I blushed furiously. I just acted on impulse, can you blame me? 

Yuju smiled awkwardly and she looked everywhere but my eyes. Damn, I'm a fool. Now she's disgusted. Way to go, Hwang. 

"Let's see what we can do about that," she winked and walked away, leaving us in a complete and utter silence. 

"Well... wow... that was... new?" Said a dumbfounded Jackson. 

"See? You like her," Sowon said smiling at me. 

"No. I don't. I just thought she was pretty," I blushed again and looked down at my palms. 

"Cut the bull," Sowon retorted, gaining a hit on the shoulder by me. "What? It's true." 

"Nope. It isn't. I'm mad at you," I pouted like a kid but she just pinched my cheeks. I swatted her hand away and at the same time a girl passed in front of us. 

My heart raced and I felt a million of butterflies in my stomach. I haven't seen her for the rest of the summer but she hasn't changed so much. 

Well she's more gorgeous than ever. Her long brown hair is still straight and she still has her signature bangs. She looks so much taller with the right curves on her body and the same smile and twinkling eyes that captured my heart. 

I sat there with my eyes wide open and my mouth agape. 

"What?" Sowon asks and turns around to see who I was looking. Of course she already knows who she is so it didn't surprise me when she began jabbing my stomach and making some annoying sounds. 

I ignored her and continued looking at the goddess.

I prayed that she will just walk to wherever she's going without seeing me, but she turned around and her brown eyes went wide. 

"Sinb!" She screamed with delight and ran towards me.

I smiled at her. 

Oh boy, kill me now. 

______________________

So! Since I'm still on vacation, I'll upload as many chapters as I can because I don't even know how next week will treat me. 

You know, the wifi right now. So I had to rewrite the chapter because it got erased, so now I'm currently giving myself hotspot. It seems like someone doesn't want me to continue writing. Great.

Either way, how do you feel about Jackson being her cousin? And Yuju being the, I don't know, future love interest? But that's not everything, actually there is someone that will fire up the story but I won't tell you who it will be. Ha spoilers!!! 

I should be banned into writing. Like seriously I do, I'm too much of a how do you say it in english, uh mal hablado? Like you say too many curses, I don't know if there is like a word for that but oh, yeah bad mouthed? Is that a word? Yep, I should really go now, bye! Love you! I forgot that ha ha. 

-Lu