Key and Yuri

Paper Heart

CHAPTER 9: CH5.P2.

---

“Kim Ki Woon.” Our teacher continued. I heave a sigh. Thank heavens; I thought I would be seated next to her. If that would happen, I rather drop and change school.

If I did that, what will happen to Yuri?

“Bastard. How could the dorky Ki Woon sat beside the new girl?” the guy in front of me, face me and said it. I smiled uneasy at him. Tss. They were competing for her attention. I shook my head. That’s the last thing I’ll ever do.

If only they knew.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ae Sook

Finally, I can breathe. I wanted to pull this neck tie away from my neck. I feel like I’ve been suffocated inside that hell classroom.

Of all the class that I could possibly be belong with. I sigh. Bad luck. I sat under the shade of this tree. It’s already lunch time. I forgot to prepare my lunch, I’ll just starved myself and wait until dismissal time. I lean on the bark of the tree and close my eyes.

“Excuse me?” I heard someone ask. I open my eyes. I look at them. Three girls were standing in front of me. I presume they are my classmates because I’ve seen them earlier inside the classroom. “Are you the new girl, Ae Sook?”

“Ah. Yeah. Yeah. Why?”

“Nothing.”  A different voice answered. I nodded. What’s the meaning of that again?

“By the way, my name is Song Kyung Hee.” The girl in the middle introduced herself. I smiled. “Then this is, Im Sang Mi and Jung Eun Hee.” I waved my hands, hello to them. “So… do you want to eat with us?”

Uh… are they making friends with me? Aw. I’m touched. Maybe, what Jin Ho had predicted is bound to happen. “Uhm… s-sure. I wanted to. But I’ll just stay here because I don’t have a pack lunch and I don’t have money either. Besides I’m not hungry.”

I lied. The truth is, I keep hearing my stomach growling all this time.

“Don’t worry about that. I’ll take care of your expenses.” Kyung Hee girl pulled my hands. I stood up and smile faintly at her. This is so embarrassing. “We’re friends right?”

---

When we got at the cafeteria, most of the people were looking at us. Is it because of their group’s cuteness? Or is it me, because I’m a new student and hideous?

“Ae Sook, what do you want to eat?’

“Huh? Me?” I shrug and ask. I got dumfounded. I heard Sang Mi and Eun Hee giggle. Kyung Hee just roll her eyes.

“Of course you. You’re the only girl who has an Ae Sook named between the four of us.”

“I’m sorry. Seriously, Kyung Hee, I’m not hungry you don’t need to give me anything.”

“Whatever Ae Sook. I’ll still buy you something to eat, what if you passed out there? Who will save you?”

“Don’t expect Key oppa to save you.” Sang Mi said. It was my first time to hear her voice. It was like a squeal and an ear splitting for my ears.

“Not in my dreams.” I mutter.

“What?” she shrieks, raising a single brow at me.

I quiver, “nothing. I said the food looks edible.”

“Yeah, they look delicious…” Eun Hee spoke. Her voice was so high pitched. Somehow, it irritates my ears. “So…. We’re wondering… how come you know Key oppa even though it’s your first day here?” their heads were forwarding closer to mine. They were clustering closer to me. I let out a weak laugh.

“Ah…. It's because---”

“AE SOOK!” I turned to the direction where I heard my name being called. It was Jin Ho; he was walking closer to us. I grin at him. “Come on, let’s get you out of here.” he pulled my hands and started to drag me again. Is his habit, dragging people around?

I smile apologetically at my newly set of so called friends. Then I can see their mouths talking.

“Where are we heading to?”

“Its lunch time, so we’re going to eat.”

“But I don’t have my lunch.”

“Of course, ahjumma prepared for you.” Wow. That is so sweet and nice. They never forget me.

“Thanks.”

“Don’t thank me, thank him.” Him? The almighty jerk? Oh please.

---

By the moment we got to their place. I already saw Yuri and the jerk sitting beside one another. It feels like they have their own world, and us people were invincible. They have smiles on their faces. They look like a happy couple, who enjoys the company of each other.

Yuri shifted her stare at us. I guess she have notice my presence, she said, “Hi Ae Sook, come on. Sit beside us. Let’s eat together.”

“Yuri don’t talk to her, she might eat you.” Ki Bum interrupted and laughed. The royal couple laughed at me. Great.

“Was that a joke? Am I supposed to laugh by now?” I said and roll my eyes. Jin Ho pulled my hands, I sat down. I didn’t realize I was the only one standing on our table.

“Stop bickering. The food is in front of you.” Jin Ho said, and then he placed the Tupperware in front of me. He hand me the chopsticks. How am I supposed to eat with this?

“Oh! Wait!” Jin Ho yelled. I partly got shocked. “Here” he said and handed me a spoon. Wow. It’s like he can read my mind. Tee Hee.

“Thank you.” I mutter.

Then I sat in front of them, which is inevitable because that’s the only chair where I can sit onto. I wanted to stand up, but Yuri might think that I hate her. So, I’ll endure the irritation that I’m feeling right now.

I look at them, it’s really weird but I feel like, when they’re eating, there’s a romantic background music that only the two of them can hear.

The strangest thing is, I can see their faces glowing and I feel like I’m watching a live romantic love story.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Key

The bell just rung, it signals dismissal time. I stood up and went o fix my bag. I look around, I saw Ae Sook sitting at her chair near the window. Her gaze was focus outside the window, on the blue sky. Her palm was on her cheeks and her elbow was laid on her desk.

She looks stupid wondering outside, but there was sadness on her mesmerizing eyes.

I walk closer to her; I’ll ask her if she wants to go home together.

“Ae---”

“Key!”


A/N: COMMENTS, are <3!

ADVERTISEMENT: join the prompt writing @ OPUS fanfiction