two sides of every story.

Paper Heart

CHAPTER 12:


AE SOOK

“Tying this lace into a knot, so that it wouldn’t fall off from you.”

“For what? I mean, I’m just going to wash the dishes.”

“I know… It’s just that… You might get wet if you don’t wear one.”

I touched his forehead with my right hand, left hand on my neck. “Oh my god, are you sick? You’re saying weird things.” I cackled. He pulled my hand away from his forehead. He just held my hand and slipped in the other pair of gloves.

“I’m not sick, cheeky.” This time, he held my left hand and inserted the other pair. “There you go.” We look at each others’ eyes, and smiled.

I looked down on the apron he just put, “eh?! Robot?!” I shrieked out.

He huffed and said, “Of course! We’re boys here! Don’t expect for a Barbie apron! Tss.” He rolled his eyes.

“But I want green! I want Kero Keroppi!” I protested and pout.

He scratched his cheeks irritated, “oh! Don’t be so picky and don’t complaint anymore! You should be thankful that you’re wearing one!”

“Why are you shouting?!” I raised my voice, because he’s doing the same. This is what you call, false believe! I thought, we would stop bickering with each other starting now. Because of his sudden ‘WEIRD’ and different action, I guess I was wrong!

He sighed. “I’m not shouting…. What I meant is, you should say thank you for all of the good things I did.”

“Good things?” I shook and my head and continue with the dishes.

“Yeah… now be grateful…. Say: thank you almighty and handsome Key.” He grinned widely, waiting for my reply.

I slam the sponge on the sink and stared at him blankly.

The happy smile on his face turn frowned.

“I don’t want to force you to say things, you don’t want to say. I’ll go now…”

I glance up. Yuri was standing closer to where we situated.

“Yu-Yuri? How long were you standing there?”

“A couple of minutes.” She answered with a gloomy face. “Key! Did you forget what day is it today?”

“Oh shoot! Yeah, we’re going shopping arcade right?”

Yuri nodded. Slowly they turn their backs and started to walk away. The jerk, wrap his arms around Yuri’s shoulders. For a split second, I saw him glanced at me and back to Yuri.

“Thanks…”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Key

I glanced at her. She was just standing there and she really didn’t say thank you. I sighed, what do I expect from a pigheaded girl?

---

“Are you okay?” Yuri asked. I suddenly realized I was with her. We were walking along the streets, as I was holding her shopping bags. I should stop thinking of cheeky!

I nodded. “Yeah, I’m fine… It’s just that I’m tired from cleaning.”

She stopped and stood in front of me. “But you love cleaning right?” she chuckled once.

“Yeah… Cause I hate dirt’s…. And I find Ae Sook one of the dirt’s inside the house.”

“Do you hate her?”

I heaved a sigh again. “To be honest, sometimes yes… sometimes, I like her, not like like her, I mean, I like bickering with her.”

“Then do you like her?”

“Is that a question? How am I supposed to like her, we just know each other for a couple of weeks.”

“Yeah… I’m asking you… do you like her?”

I smirked and look away. “Ah… Ah? Ah…”

She smiled at me and says, “It’s okay Key. All of us have our crushes. You don’t need to answer that.” I sneered again. “Oh! It’s so cute! Badtz Maru. I want that!” She said happily and skipped closer to the boutique. I followed her. She pressed her face closer to the glass window and she really admired the colorful stuffed toys inside. I was preoccupied as I look around. I noticed a green frog; I read it says Kero Keroppi. I suddenly remembered cheeky. I stared at it. She pulled my hand and we went inside.

Yuri and I separated our ways. I immediately went to the cashier and asked,

“Uhmm… do you have an apron for this character?” I asked, as I show him the Kero keroppi stuffed toy I was holding.

“Yeah… Lucky you, we only had one piece.”

“Cool!” I said, and I excitedly wait for him. I tiptoe and look for Yuri, she’s not here. I looked outside the window; she stood there and waved her hands to me. I nodded and smile.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yuri

“Are you okay?” I asked. I noticed Key’s idleness.

He nodded and answer, “Yeah, I’m fine… It’s just that I’m tired from cleaning.” The he huffed.

I stood in front of him and joked. “But you love cleaning right?” I giggled.

“Yeah… Cause I hate dirt’s…. And I find Ae Sook one of the dirt’s inside the house.”

“Do you hate her?”

He sighed again. “To be honest, sometimes yes… sometimes, I like her, not like like her, I mean, I like bickering with her.”

“Then do you like her?”

“Is that a question? How am I supposed to like her, we just know each other for a couple of weeks.”

“Yeah… I’m asking you…” I swallowed hard and have the courage to ask him, “Do you like her?”

He looked away and been acting twitchy. “Ah… Ah? Ah…”

It hurts to see him acting this way; I think I know the answer. I silently inhaled and smile, “its okay Key. All of us have our crushes. You don’t need to answer that.” I diverted my attention. I bit my lower lip. If I focus on what I’ve said, I might have a breakdown. “Oh! It’s so cute! Badtz Maru.” I said happily and skipped closer to the boutique. I pressed my face closer to the glass window. “I want that”. He stared at it then I pulled his hand and we went inside.