His other side

Paper Heart
CHAPTER 13:

YURI

 
I moved away from him, I peek and I saw him talking to the cashier. Is he going to buy me a present?

I hope.
 
I went outside. Surprises are much better. I stood on the street then I saw him looking at my direction, I waved my hands at him. He nodded and smile.
 
---
 
“So what did you bought?” I asked as he slowly walked closer to me. He was busy organizing the plastic bags on his hands.
 
“Oh… something…”
 
I blushed. Surprises are really much better.
 
“Ah!” suddenly, he yelled. I shrug. “Yuri, can you hold this? I forgot to get my change.” He said, and hand me over those bags.
 
Out of curiosity, I opened the bag.
 
I in a lungful air as I wanted to apply the phrase, ‘don’t expect on something’ to my life.
 
To my dismay, it wasn’t Badtz Maru. It’s Kero Keroppi. Ae Sook’s favorite.
 
I heard his footsteps. I immediately close the bag.
 
“Sorry…” he muttered and gets the bag from me.
 
“It’s okay… by the way, to whom will you give that?”
 
He didn’t reply instantly.
 
 
 
 
“… It’s for someone.”
 
Once again, I felt something on my heart.
 
“Key, let’s go home.”
 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KEY

 
After I escorted Yuri at her place, without delay, I went home. It was almost dusked when I got there. I saw Ae Sook sitting on the porch again, with her feet swaying on the air. There was sadness on her face again. Sometimes I want to find courage to ask her what’s wrong, but she would always ‘we had arrangement blah bah.
 
Sometimes, I wonder why I did those stupid arrangements.
 
“Don’t stare blankly, you looked stupid.” I said as I passed by the entrance door. I waited for her reply, but she didn’t say anything. I’m already inside our house, still no response. I decided to go back and check her; still, she’s looking at the indigo sky.
 
Weird.
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AE SOOK

 
Dear Diary,
 
Gad. Another tiring day, I suddenly wished that we could have class even on Saturdays. Cause every Saturday day is hell day! I’m so tired cleaning this place! I washed the dishes and I even pulled the weed! Ugh. My body hurts! I wanted to go to sleep early.
 
So this will be the entry for now. We’ll catch up with you tomorrow. Goodnight!
 
Signed,
Ae Sook
 
I closed my diary and hid in inside the table. I closed the lights and crawled to my bed.
 
Knock knock.
 
Grr!! I’m going to kill that person who knocked on my door! Ugh! I wanted to sleep now! Reluctantly, I crawled out of my bed and went to my door. I opened it, to my surprised I saw nobody but a paper bag. I picked it up and looked around outside my room, but nobody is there. I slam the door in front of me and stood by there.
 
I unstapled the paper bag and unfurled the content.
 
Aww… it’s a kero keroppi apron. It’s so cute.
 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KEY

 
“Thank you, jerk.” I heard her say, as I stood silently in front of her door.
 
I smiled and whispered, “You’re welcome cheeky… by the way, starting from now, I’ll pull the weeds for you.”