CH4.P3.Diary

Paper Heart
CH4.P3.Diary
---
 
“I’m home!!! ” Key opens the door and shouted. By the time he reached home, it was already dark. He slouches on the floor, really tired. Been physically exhausted, mentally exhausted, psychologically exhausted last but not the least emotionally exhausted.
 
“Welcome home, hon.” His mom answered in a different tone, it was pretty obvious that something is making her entertained. She was tilting her head sideways, rhyming with her happy hum.
 
Ki Bum walks on the dining area and took a pinch of the chicken. “Where’s everybody?”
 
“Dad says, he will be late and he will go home before 12am… Jin Ho is with Ae Sook, they went to Yuri’s place.”
 
“Pardon? Did I hear you correct… MOM? Tenshi na Konamaiki is back?! ”
 
“Yup. You heard me right.”
 
“What the hell?! What is she doing here?!!”
 
“Calm down… okay… let’s have a good talk.” His mom stood up and accompanying Key on the couch, there, both of them sat down. “Jin Ho…. Accidentally saw Ae Sook near the store, and then on their conversation he finds out that Ae Sook didn’t recover her things.”
 
“Good for her.” Key answer grumpily.
 
Mrs. Kim heaves a sigh. “There’s nothing good about it. Ae Sook is helpless. Let turn the table and reverse the situation. What if Yuri is on Ae Sook’s situation? Would you help her?”
 
“Of course! Yuri is in trouble so she needs me! I need to be by her side!”
 
“Exactly.”
 
“But she’s not Yuri, so I don’t pity on her.”
 
“I don’t think you get the gravity of the situation here…” It sounded weird hearing it from his mom, but at times like this and even before, when they decided to adopt Jin Ho, his mom always tries to find the perfect reason that will make her son understand every circumstances that they will face.  “Another example, what if you see Yuri begging for alms on the street, what would you do?”
 
“Duh!!! She’s my best friend! Obviously I would help her, add to the fact that I won’t forgive myself it that would happen.”
 
“ Precisely! That’s what we felt. That’s why we should have the urge to help her.”
 
“We? Who’s we?”
 
“Eomma, Appa, Jin Ho and we reserve a position for you.” Mrs. Kim grins at him, somehow Key didn’t like it.
 
“Ae Sook is…. Homeless… She’s broke…. She doesn’t know anybody here…. So we decided to took her in. Besides, appa also wants to have a daughter; he also wants to experience the feeling of having a daughter by means of having Ae Sook here.”
 
 “Oh. Alright! But aren’t you having doubts on her? All of us knows that she’s a total stranger.  What if she works in some… you know mafias’ blah blah blah.”
 
“Just looking at her, I’m pretty sure, she’s a nice girl.” Mrs. Kim smiled at him assuring every word that came out from is true.
 
Key gave in. He draw out his arms forward then he stood up and say, “Okay. Believe all your theories; I’ll just go at Yuri’s place to check if the tenant done anything wrong.”
 
“Okay. Get home fast, dinner is almost done!”
 
“Wait!” Key turn around and face her once more, “I really think Yuri and I have a small misunderstanding earlier; when I was about to yell something negative about Ae Sook, being stupid in particular. Even though, there’s no clear message of Yuri being angry, I’m pretty sure she’s quite upset with me.”
 
“It’s because Yuri is a girl. If you would say something negative towards Ae Sook, it would also affect her. Somewhat, somehow, she would reflect on it. She might even think that your message could be applied to her.”
 
“I understand. I guess I own Yuri an explanation.”
 
“Yuri? Hmm. For my opinion son, I also think, you own Ae Sook an explanation not Yuri, furthermore it was Ae Sook whom you’re so mad at.”
 
“Never mind Ae Sook girl. She’s out of the story.”
 
---
 
He was panting. It must be adrenaline rush, he thought. He was quite not comfortable imagining Ae Sook at Yuri’s place. He knocks on the door, Jin Ho open it. He was surprised to see him, instead Yuri.
 
“Where’s Yuri?” he immediately ask as he was removing his shoes.
 
“Inside her room with Ae Sook.” He instantly runs to her room. She saw two girls, what caught his attention the most, was the sight of Ae Sook wearing their school uniform. Even though the scenery was dark, she was glowing with that bright smile on her face. It perfectly fits her. ‘Sweet’. His brain screamed.
 
“What are you looking at?” Ae Sook asks. She was looking at him; she noticed that he was looking directly at her skirt, at her behind to be exact. She walks closer to him, stomping her feet every step. She stands in front of him, and pinch his ears. “ERRRRT!!!! I have enough of your malicious mind!”
 
“Ouch! Ouch! Ouch!” Key complaints.  Ae Sook let go of his ears. Her teeth were gritting together. Jin Ho was laughing at the side, while Yuri was twitchily, she can’t stare at them. “For the second time, I didn’t mean to do that.”
 
“What do you mean by you didn’t mean it? Ugh!!! If only I could examine the content of your mind. I’ll…. I’ll… ugh!” so much for the irritation she felt, she pulled Key’s hair. She let go of his hair and fixed herself before she turn and face Yuri. “Oh… Yuri, sorry about that—with what I did to your friend.” Ae Sook look at him, she aimed daggers at him. “But I’m really grateful that you let me used your old uniform.”
 
“You’re very much welcome. Besides, it doesn’t fit on me. You can have it.” Yuri smile gently at her.
 
“Really?” Ae Sook was so pleased, she didn’t get controlled of herself, and she hugs Yuri.  On the other hand, Yuri was taken aback with Ae Sook’s action, she just smiled. ‘Silly girl’, she thought and hugs her back. “Thank you, Yuri.”
 
 “Don’t mention it.” Yuri replied with enthusiasm level as her.
 
Ae Sook released her first. She bent down and started to pick her stuffs. When she finished, she said, “we have to go now, we still have to prepare our dinner. Thanks again Yuri.”
 
“You’re welcome anytime Ae Sook. Welcome to family as well.” She said, she accompanied them going outside her apartment. Jin Ho was walking behind the two girls. The two young maidens waved goodbye to each other, as they were standing in the door. Key decided to stay at her place for a while. It was uncomfortable moment for them. Both having resentment on each other, at last, Yuri breaks it and say, “your new boarder is pretty.”
 
“Yeah, I know.” He declares. Yuri swallowed hard. It was not the answer she was expecting. Again, she felt another heartache. She wishes she didn’t say it—but it was too late. What is done cannot be undone. Key kneeled in front of her, he was holding her hand. “Yuri… I…. I…. I’m sorry about earlier. But I’m thankful as well, because you’re there. I just realize and understand why you did that.”
 
“What?”
 
“When you prevent me, to say something which I would totally regret, I just realize that if I said those awful negative words, I would also hurt her feelings and so do yours. Though I haven’t said this before, I want you to know that I don’t have any intention of hurting your feelings. So I’m really sorry. ”
 
“It’s okay… Thank you.” Yuri cling her arms around his neck. There was simper both on their faces. His hands slowly embrace her.
 
---
 
Dear Diary,
 
Today is so crazy! Exhausting! Crazy again! First thing, there was this girl who woke up on my bed. god, if you could seen her, before she have taken her bath. It so disgusting, very unladylike! She so mean! Very rude! One of a kind! Additional to that, she’s crazy! I hate girls like that.
 
Second, Yuri and I have a little, misunderstanding. Want to know the reason? It’s because of the same girl! By the way, her name is Ae Sook. It doesn’t suit her attitude and personality. I’m glad; Yuri didn’t have an impression of me, taking home a girl. I’m at eased. 
 
Third, I don’t know if this girl uses any pity tactics cause, she was able to win mom, dad and Jin Ho’s soft side. She’s going to stay here! Oh god! On the other hand, she was indeed pitiful. However, I think I’m much pitiful between the two of us, because I would see here every day of my life in this household, then I would also see her at school. She’s even going to use Yuri’s old uniform. Speaking of that, I really think it suits her. She would start her class, next week.
 
Fourth and Fifth, I had to break my lifetime investment because of Ae Sook and loss 30000 won. She need s money to go to the police cause she have to get her stuffs back, in the end she failed. (It’s one of the reasons, why she is going to stay with us.) When she returned the money, it was unused. I wanted to take it whole, but I only took half of it. Because I also know, that she have to use then money for her personal things. She shouldn’t depend on Yuri’s kindness. She must also work hard for everything.
 
I could say, this is the series of my unfortunate events.
 
As for the conclusion…
 
Ae Sook is cute but evil
 
Signed,
Kim Ki Bum
 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N : COMMENTS PLEASE?? THANK YOU! (: and as promise, I had update today. keke. >___<