seatmates?

Paper Heart

CHAPTER 8: CH5.P1.

---

Ae Sook

“Arrangement.” I read aloud as we sit at the dining table. I was sitting opposite to the almighty jerk. While Jin Ho stood behind me and he was reading the paper I was holding onto. Ahjumma, is at the hospital, taking the night shift. “Write by Kee” I said syllabically as I forced myself not to express my amusement loudly, but Jin Ho already laughed.

“What?” he asked confusedly. “Why are you laughing?”

Stupid.

I get the pen on the table and make a strikethrough line on the word ‘write’ and started to scribble something on his note. I said audibly enough for him to hear me. “It should be written, not write”. I look at him with a smile, as for the respond of the embarrass one, he just huff and smirk. “You even misspelled out your name. Tsk, tsk.” I shook my head and continue.

“I write it in English, because you’re so stupid you can’t understand Hangul.”

‘So? At least I don’t have a crook English!’My brain shouted. I wanted to yell this to him, but I can still manage my anger.

“Number ONE: this house/ apartment a.k.a our mansion has the capacity of three rooms and one bathroom, for the sake of this ‘unwanted princess’” I read sturdy as I shot a dagger at him. He crossed his arms and places it on the top of the table. He was acting conceitedly, “I will lower my ego and share a room with Jin Ho…or Jin Ho could sleep at the couch if he doesn’t to share his room with me.”

“Ego? What ego? Perhaps you’re talking about pride or self-importance.”

“It’s the same.”

“Couch?! No way! You sleep on the couch, if you want that way around.”

“I’m just kidding! Cheeky, continue on rule number two.”

I’ve got a name dim-wit!

“Number TWO: Ae Sook will help us, on ALL of the duty calls, a.k.a chores for she is being a FREELOADER in our mansion. Let’s start with the capital C, cooking, cleaning, and laundry.”

“But laundry doesn’t spell with letter C right?”

“Claundry.” I muttered and the two of us chuckle loudly. Almighty jerk was getting more pissed off. I can see it in his eyes, he glared at me. I suddenly halt and ask, “What?”

“If your mouth will only say nonsense things, I advice, that you should keep it shut.”

“Okay, boss!” I smirk and roll my eyes. “Number THREE: RESPECT each other’s privacy and decision. No prying on one another’s business… Alright… I can do that.” I grin at myself, still looking at the paper. Then I continued reading, “number FOUR: Ae Sook will stay away from Yuri…. Eh? What’s with this rule number four? I think Yuri is nice.”

“Exactly! Yuri is nice, Ae Sook is pigheaded. See the difference? I’m just being cautious; I don’t want the good to be influenced by the bad.”

Yeah, I’m guilty being tagged as pigheaded that’s why I ended up here. At most, I’m not an obnoxious person like this guy in front of me! I exhale deeply; I don’t want to get stress by his words. I’m not going to listen to his big non sense talking mouth.

Lalala.

“Well… I’m sure; Ae Sook will gain friends on her first day.” Jin Ho spoke. It gave me a reason to smile. I turned around and pinch his cheeks.

“Thank you.” I mutter and smile. I glance back at Key. He was still giving me those abominate look. Does he think I would let him step down on me? No way! So I gave him a smirk that really looks evil. I shook and wiggle the paper in the air. “Number FIVE, Ae Sook can fall in love with me. But I’d rather not choose her to be my girlfriend.”

“Oh my god! Are you kidding me?! That’s the craziest thing I ever read. Eww. Oh my god.” I close my eyes and shook my head on both sides. This time I heard them laugh, I suddenly felt I was the joke of the night.

“I’m warning you. Even if you fall in love with me, I won’t choose you. I don’t like girls with the same attitude as yours….” He paused. “Oh. Wait. You’re the ONLY girl who got that attitude.” He roars a chuckle again and taps the table.

“Ew… oh my god. Even if angels would kneel in front of me and beg me to like you, I’ll just commit suicide. Gross.”

“You guys were just saying stuffs like that. No one can predict their future, who knows, tomorrow, you guys were acting a lovey dovey? ” Jin Ho said in between his chuckle. Ew. I shivered.

“Kill me.” Almighty jerk utters.

“Ahhh! Enough of this conversation!! I want to sleep! I might get a nightmare!” I slam the paper on the table and I hurriedly stood up. I started to walk away, going to hell. I mean to his room. My room. I don’t care what would they chit chat afterwards I left.

Jal jah yo(Good night)” I heard Jin Ho shouted. What the hell was that?

“Good night!” I yell, even though I don’t know what he said.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ki Bum

Next day, I woke up extra early. This time, I wanted to fetch Yuri at her place. So when everybody is busy eating, I already went out.

---

“Everyone! Settle down!” Ms. Shin our homeroom teacher slams the paper she was holding onto, on her desk. Indeed, all of us calm down and sat on their own respective seats. “I have an announcement to make.”

“Eh! Another test again?” Song Kyung Hee squeals and complaints. “Teacher, I’m tired of answering your exams.” Everyone laughed, including me. She gave a high five to her two friends named, Im Sang Mi and Jung Eun Hee. She smiled at every boy inside our classroom. My focus was on her, because she looks funny. She winked at me; in return I smile back at her.

Ms. Shin frowned, “no. we won’t have any test or quiz today. Cause I believe Ms. Song would flunk her exams AGAIN.” My classmates went festive. They were in all joy, while Kyung Hee gone redden, she was so humiliated. She didn’t utter a single word afterwards. “That’s one of my announcements, but the other is we got a new student.”

“Is it a boy? Kyaaa!!!” the girls screech in excitement and started to cluster together.

While the boys started to murmur on the side, “I hope it’s a she.”

Ms. Shin just smiled on her class attentive guess. I lower and place my head at the top of my table. I’ll just listen to their whispers. I heard the door opened. I saw, my boy classmates clap their hands, while the young ladies started to grimace and complaints in a distinct sound.

“It’s over! How could we get Key’s attention when the new girl is quite pretty?” I heard my name, and smiled. I’m really well loved and admired.

“Damn it!”

“Pretty face… Hate her already.”

I heard my girl classmates mutter those phrases. I bet she’s a chick. She’s my new target. Hohoho.

“Would you mind introducing yourself…. Miss?”

“Ae Sook. My name is Ae Sook.” She said naively.

I hastily tilted my head. No way. My gaze collided with this girl whom I just seen earlier this morning. I went completely still as I stared into her deep warm brown eyes. No one prepared me for this. My mouth dropped open and I stared with somewhat cloudy, disbelieving eyes. “You’ve got to be kidding me!!!” I rose abruptly until his chair fell on the floor and thud loudly.

“I assume you both know each other?” Ms. Shin asks innocently blinking her eyes twice.

“Yes.” I confirmed.

“Not really.” Ae Sook answered at the same time, much stronger. She faced Ms. Shin, “teacher, can I be transfer to a different class?”

“I’m sorry, Ms. Ae Sook but we can’t appeal for that.”

“Then… teacher, can I be transfer to a different class instead?” I ask.

Ms. Shin grimaced. “Didn’t you hear what I just said Mr. Kim Ki Bum?” there was an unpleasant reaction on our faces. Ms. Shin’s eyes roam around. Looking for a chair, for which Ae Sook can seat onto. I looked at my left. Oh shoot! To my surprise and dismay, my seatmate isn’t there, definitely absent!

I’m doom.

I silently played to the gods, “please, please, please, don’t let her sit next to me. I’ll promise I’ll be good. Just please!”

“Ae Sook, sit next to… uhm…” Ms. Shin pursed her lip; I crossed my fingers and chant my prayers. Ae Sook’s brows were getting wrinkly, so do mine. “Kim…” Damn it! Talk about misfortunes. Uh. I give up. Ever since cheeky move onto our house, my life has its own version of ‘series of unfortunate events’. What more in the future?

 


A/N: COMMENTS, are <3!

ADVERTISEMENT: join the prompt writing @ OPUS fanfiction