Ki Bum

Paper Heart
 
Chapter 11: Ki Bum
***
 

Ae Sook

 
Today is Saturday that means no classes. I smiled. Two weeks have passed. The jerk and I decided not to tell our classmates that we we’re living at the same house. (As if I wanted to spread it on the whole world, that I’m cohabiting with Lucifer.)
 
I really hate him. He’s so arrogant, obnoxious, and so proud of his self. He always wants to be on the top. He thinks he’s always right. He’s bossy. He always asked me to do chores, and he wanted me pull the weeds of the garden.
 
Pulled the weeds with this kind of weather? Is he sick?
 
Yeah.
 
I really think he’s sick.
 
He’s crazy! He’s out of his mind!
 
I sat on the porch as I feel the hotness of the sun shining directly at my face. Actually I just snuck out inside the house, because it’s burning hot there. I can’t breathe inside and they’re busy cleaning.
 
If you don’t want to help then don’t disturb them? Right?
 
Whew. It’s so hot. I can feel, sweat dripping on my neck. I fold the news paper I was holding and started to fan it to myself.
 
The climate is very random, just like his character. The other day, it was so windy—so cold. But now, it’s so freaking hot! I might die soon. I might get melted.
 
I wiped my face. It’s really hot. I even wore a razorback shirt and short shorts yet I can still feel the scorching sun. I got my hair tied up.
 
I lie down and covered my face with this news paper. The weather makes me tired even though I didn’t do anything.
 
What is the best way to get out of here… Hmmm… Think… Hmmm… Ahh! I have to retrieve my passport back… Right! But how? I don’t have any money… or their email addresses, numbers to contact my parents. Stupid me. Ugh… This is my entire fault, why didn’t I memorize the important numbers?
 
I miss my mom, I miss my dad, I miss my stupid yet caring older brother. Are they okay? Are they looking for me? I feel awful… I feel like I’m their prodigal daughter (true.) I really feel bad especially every time I remember mom’s calm face. If only I could find a way one step closer to my goal.
 
I Sigh.
 
Let me have a brainstorming or equation first: Ae Sook wants to get out of here. She needs money to retrieve her passport back (which will cause a large total of money because it’s a passport replacement.) But the other problem is, my passport is a US passport, not Korean passport.
 
Phew. Big problem.
 
Wait. Let me deal with small problem first. I need money. Right. I need money for the passport. How? How can I earn the money?
 
“Whoa!!! Oh my god!!!” I immediately sat down. I saw Yuri standing in front of me and giggling. With her short hair and clothes I can say, she really looks cute. She was covering with her left palm. “Yuri.” I sigh and shook my head. “Please don’t do that again. You could give me a heart attack.”
 
“I’m sorry… I didn’t mean to scare you or what.” She let out a girlish giggle again. Seeing Yuri acting like this, I can’t help myself not to compare the ‘me’ to ‘her.’ She’s so girlish, while I personally think, I’m a bit boyish. But I don’t envy her—okay!
 
“It’s okay… Just don’t do it again please?” I looked away and heave a sigh. “The royal jerk… I mean your best friend is inside… they’re busy cleaning.”
 
“Why are you here? Aren’t you going to helped them?” I swallowed hard. I got guilty and embarrassed with her question.
 
I let out a weak laugh, a sound stupid. “I can’t breathe inside. It’s so hot there.”
 
“I see… Do you want me to accompany your first?”
 
“No need. I can manage this on my own.” I grinned at her.
 
“AE SOOOOOK!!!!!!!” oh crap. The jerk is roaring again.
 
“Shh…” I told Yuri and I hasty lie down. I cover the news paper on face and pretend to snore. I heard the door opened.
 
“Oi! Did you pulled the weeds?!” then he kicked me on my .
 
“Ow. You dope, ert!” I stood up. I almost got knock on his chin. “Why do you have to kick me on my ?!”
He looked away and didn’t stare at my eyes then. I was inclining forward to him but he was sliding backwards. I noticed his face, going redden. Don’t tell me he’s blushing? I would allow and take it if he’s embarrassed with his action, but blushing? Ugh. “Ha! I… I… I… d-didn’t kick y-you on y-your bu-!”
 
“Yes you do! I felt it! Idiot!”
 
“You’re just hallucinating!”
 
“I’m not stupid like you!” I gritted my teeth. “Arguing with you is futile.”
 
“Yeah, I feel the same.”
 
Suddenly, out of nowhere… Ow. I felt a tight grip on my neck. He wrapped his arms on my neck and started to drag me inside. “I c-c-can’t breathe dork!”
 
He blurted his famous evil chortle. “Serves you right you lazy maid!”
 
I found myself still being hauled inside. Jin Ho looked at me, he was laughing. “W-what m-maid?! Let me go, jerk! I can taste your sweat, it’s so brackish!”

I didn’t know I was laughing too, until I heard him say, “Stop laughing, just sipped it!” he chuckled again and tighten his grip on my neck. Thanks to him and them, I can laugh like this; even with his silly joke somehow I manage to forget my inner problem.
 
He let go of me, I almost stumbled. But he held my hand and I stood up firmly. “Thanks…” I mumbled. “It’s so hot outside, I got dizzy.”
 
“It’s okay. Next time, don’t stand by the porch with this kind of weather; it’s really inevitable to get dizzy.”
 
I didn’t answer. I just stare at him. He was looking for something at the cabinet. I asked,
“What are you looking for?”
 
“Secret.” He answered back and laughed a little. Oops. I hope he doesn’t remember his arrangements, I violate something. I asked a questioned. I turn around and open the faucet.
 
“Found it!” he yelled. I didn’t look back; I started to rub the sponge to the plates.
 
“YES!”  I smiled. What’s with the yes-yes thingy? Did he found out what he’s been looking for?

All of sudden, he pulled me. I turned and face him. Slowly he put an apron in front of me; he held me by my shoulders and turned me around.
 
“What are you doing?”
 

A/N: COMMENTS, are <3!

ADVERTISEMENT: join the prompt writing @ OPUS fanfiction