First Dates to Forever

Perfect That I Can't Have

Minhyun took one look at himself and immediately ed the shirt and threw it off of his body. It did nothing for him, didn’t look right, and didn’t feel right. “Ugh,” he groaned, running his hands through his hair, “why is nothing right?”

“Because you’re overthinking things,” Joshua drawled, looking up from his phone to laugh at him. “You’re going out to eat. Bbq. Why would you wear a button up?”

Frowning, Minhyun threw the next shirt right over Joshua’s face. “And what are you doing here being unhelpful? I asked you for advice, not for your sass.” He moaned pitifully, “What happened to that sweet baby omega I took under my wing?”

Joshua glared, “He wasn’t a baby and while I am sweet, there’s no reason to be sweet to a ridiculous person. Get your act together. You’re popular, nice looking, charmingly dorky. Grab a tshirt, a tight one and put it on. You want to fit into the casual atmosphere but at the same time give him something to look at. He can’t exactly look at your legs under the table so your chest will have to do. And your face.”

He fought to keep his lips from forming pout. “Where are you going all dressed up like that?”

Joshua sat on the couch in black dress pants with a hint of shine, his shirt white as the snow and buttoned up not quite all the way, leaving a good gap open for skin to show, around his neck lay a leather cord he turned into a choker. It was red even. Good lord. He was going for appeal.

“Jeonghan said he was taking me to somewhere fancy,” he smirked, “so I dressed up. Mingyu helped a bit, with the choker and all.”

Eyebrows going high, Minhyun snorted. “More like barely dressed. You’re showing a lot of skin there. And those pants fit you really well.”

“I want to make sure Jeonghan doesn’t forget,” Joshua said, smiling gently.

Minhyun laughed, clutching at his stomach. “You’re going to make the guy drool all night.”

“That’s what you should do too,” Joshua said. “Even if it’s a more casual setting. Do things to make the guy drool. Make him want you. Make him fall in love.” He stared at Minhyun, eyes glinting, “We’re not wilting omegas who wait for alphas. Make him come to you and then make him want you badly enough that he’ll go to his knees.”

Minhyun shivered. When did Joshua get this charismatic? “You grew up so well,” he joked, “look at you.”

Joshua grinned up at him. “Of course. Now get dressed so we can go already.”


Jonghyun stared, a bit blatantly but Minhyun was right there, in front of him, right in front of his eyes. And what a lovely sight it was. He was doing something so mundane but Jonghyun was fixated. He watched as Minhyun took the grilled pork and put it on his bed of veggies, wrapping it before putting it in his mouth in one chew.

What else could Minhyun take in one swallow? Cheeks reddening, he looked away for a few seconds. His eyes wanted to wander to Minhyun’s chest but he couldn’t bring himself to do that. Minhyun wasn’t a piece of meat for him to eye like he wanted to eat him. Jonghyun did want to know what it would be like to kiss him though.

“Are you hungry?” Minhyun asked him, a sweet smile on his face. He started making a wrap, “Let me make you one.” He held it out with his hand, “Ahh.”

Blushing, Jonghyun opened his mouth, letting Minhyun feed him. As he chewed, Minhyun watched him.

“Tasty?”

“Yea,” he answered, swallowing.

“I’ll make you some more,” Minhyun said, looking down at the grill, eyelashes going down.

Jonghyun could get used to this. This sort of sweetness.


Jeonghan held in a groan as he watched Joshua’s throat bob, drinking the wine more elegantly than any other person he had seen in his life.

Putting his glass down, Joshua smiled. “Thirsty?” He held out his glass, “Want some?”

The teenage boy part of Jeonghan crowed. An indirect kiss. “Sure.” He moved to take the glass but Joshua shook his head.

“Let me.” He leaned over, putting the glass to Jeonghan’s lips, tilting it a bit for some of the wine to flow down.

Jeonghan swallowed, more heavily than normal. God was Joshua hot like this.

That cute, soft smile blinded Jeonghan some more. “Is it good?”

“I’m more of a soju and beer guy,” Jeonghan said, “but it was nice.” His eyes looked Joshua over, “Not as nice as you look but nice.”

“Flatterer,” Joshua whispered, grinning.

Taking Joshua’s free hand, Jeonghan raised it to his lips, kissing it. Detaching his lips, he murmured, just loud enough for Joshua to hear, “It’s not flattery when it’s the truth.”

“Keep this up and you might get a kiss at the end of this date,” Joshua teased, his voice going deep and low.

“I’ll take any sort of kiss you’re willing to give,” Jeonghan said.

“Forever?” Joshua took his hand back, eyes no longer looking soft and sweet. They held a seriousness to them.

“If you’ll give it to me,” Jeonghan replied, no longer joking.

His eyes twinkled in the light. “I’ll think about it.”

Jeonghan nodded. It was a good enough for now. They had a long way to go, as long as Joshua was taking him seriously Jeonghan would take that. He was going to win his heart in the end, he hoped.