Perfect That I Can't Have

Perfect That I Can't Have

Jonghyun felt a nudge to his shoulder, causing him to be pushed a bit forward into the table he sat at.

“Whatcha looking at hyung?”

“Nothing,” he said, whipping his head away from the sight of a very attractive, tall, leggy omega that went by the name of Minhyun. Minhyun who was walking with Hong Joshua, another omega who turned heads with his cat like smile and pretty eyes.

Jeonghan chuckled. “Don’t lie now. I see your wandering eyes.” He leaned onto Jonghyun, hand on his shoulder, “Minhyun and Joshua. Who’s caught your eye? Can’t be Joshua.” His hand tightened a bit on Jonghyun’s shoulder. “Anyone but Joshua,” Jeonghan growled.

He patted Jeonghan’s hand, calming the other alpha down. “Don’t worry. Not him. Neither of them to be honest.” But he was lying; his ears lighting up red. He was watching Minhyun laugh at something Joshua had said. That beautiful face lit up and it made his heart thump and his stomach twist uncomfortably.  

Humming, Jeonghan took his hand away. “Sorry. I just,” running his hand through his newly cut hair, “can’t help myself when it comes to him. I’m fixated.” A blush painted Jeonghan’s high cheekbones, giving him a soft pink complexion on his pale face.

“It’s understandable,” Jonghyun replied, “you never fixated on someone so much before have you?” Jonghyun wanted to commiserate with him. But that meant telling him that Jonghyun was also fixated on someone. An impossible someone.

Jeonghan shook his head. Sighing, “No, never. He’s just so,” he paused, “so— “

“Perfect,” Jonghyun whispered as Minhyun took Joshua’s hand and swung it between them like they were children on a play date.

“Exactly,” Jeonghan said quietly, no doubt watching the same scene as Jonghyun was watching.

The two of them made a pretty picture, lovely soft smiles, eyes that crinkled cutely. If Jonghyun was a shallower alpha he’d find Joshua alluring too. But the only one that caught his eye was Minhyun. Minhyun with his eyes that resembled a fox. Minhyun with his regal aura that screamed prince, or king. Minhyun with his legs for days. Minhyun with his kindness. Minhyun with his everything.

But Jonghyun knew better than to want like this. No one like Minhyun would want to date a sorry excuse of an alpha like him.