Flirting? Talking? Pursuing?

Perfect That I Can't Have

Joshua walked, ignoring the presence of a rather well-known alpha. It wouldn’t do to Jeonghan’s ego too much.

“Hey, Joshua,” Jeonghan said, sliding up next to him. “How was your break? Did you have fun with Minhyun hyung?” Jeonghan frowned as he said that.

Joshua smiled. He must’ve gotten jealous that Minhyun brushed his bangs away.

“Do you need an to class?”

Jeonghan was clearly eager to be chivalrous. It was cute. And Joshua felt supremely flattered. It made his traitorous heart flutter.

“What do you call what you’re doing now if it isn’t escorting me to class?” Joshua raised his brow at him.

Blushing, Jeonghan looked down for a moment before looking up at Joshua. “Courting.” He bit his lip, “If you like it.”

“And if I want you to stop?” Joshua wondered just how dedicated Jeonghan was, how deeply infatuated he was with Joshua.

Jeonghan looked devastated, his eyes widened, his throat seized, his face stricken with pain. “If…” he stopped, “if you wanted me to. I would.”

“I don’t,” Joshua said, turning away from Jeonghan. Let him take that as he wanted. Joshua still didn’t trust him.

Perking up, Jeonghan nodded. “I won’t stop then. Can I walk you home later?”

If Joshua looked back, he would probably see Jeonghan being all puppy-like, proverbial ears and tail wagging in enthusiasm. But he didn’t. He was too busy fighting a blush from appearing. “Sure. You better be on time to meet me.”

“Of course.” Jeonghan grinned.


Minhyun smiled, wondering if he should play at being demure or go full out seductive. Maybe he should try both and see what reactions he could elicit from Jonghyun. He walked up to the counter. He watched as Jonghyun looked up, and then watched as his face spasmed between happiness and fear.

“Welcome to Bean Here Forever. What can I get you?” Jonghyun croaked it out.

How cute. Minhyun could fall in love with him definitely. Smiling, something that seemed to make Jonghyun’s eyes glaze over a bit, Minhyun pointed to the chalkboard stand. “I’d like a large of the day’s special.” He lowered his lashes, biting his lip for effect, grinning in his head as he heard a choke from Jonghyun. “Please.”

“Of cour-course.” Jonghyun fumbled with the cash register. “It’ll be fo-four dollars.”

Oh. He even made him stutter. Minhyun felt a bit mean but god was it cute to see and hear the alpha stutter and fumble because of him. Now if he could only get Jonghyun to ask him out. Or agree to a date if Minhyun asked. But that would take time. Minhyun had a lot of time to spare this semester anyhow. He’d bag himself a wonderful alpha. And help Joshua too if he needed it.