Knowing

No way out

Junmyeon, Minseok’s secretary and also a friend knocked the door gently. 

“Min, Mr Byun is here. Shall I let him in or shall I direct him to the meeting room?”

”Oh Myeon, just let him in. Good morning by the way! Thank you for the coffee” Minseok smiled. 

“Sure thing. That’s extra cream and sugar this time since you looked so bitter yesterday. Haha!” 

“Ahhhh!! Why are all my workers against me here? Do I really belong here?” Minseok just pouted. 

Junmyeon shook his head giggling then closed the door. 

After a few minutes, the door opened with a man standing. The man is quite taller than Minseok, hair so fluffy, eyes so pretty and a smile that could really captivate anyone. 

“H..Hi. I’m Kheyo. Byun Kheyo. Good morning” He greeted.

”Oh hello Mr Byun. It’s nice to finally meet you. Here, have a seat”. Minseok offered. 

Minseok sent an online message to Junmyeon asking him to bring another coffee for the guest. Junmyeon served the coffee to Kheyo in an instant then immediately left Minseok’s office. 

Minseok started the conversation. “Okay, so you wanted to discuss about the budget and the service personally. So.. let’s get started”.  

“Ah. Yes.” Kheyo took out to wear his eyeglasses and started to pull out a journal. 

“So, we’ve been interviewing a few single women from the city. We recorded the conversations with their consent and we can choose amongst the most touching stories then we can..

Minseok interrupted.

”Wait. Isn’t that too personal Mr Byun? I mean, it’s very dramatic and that can ruin our company’s image”. 

“Ah. No need to worry Mr Kim. We hid their identities and their faces to avoid conflict” Kheyo explained. “Also, we are really on a tight budget, and we’ve known your company to be one of the best in promoting something. We hope we could ask any help from your team.” Kheyo looked down. 

The two were surprised when the door opened. 

“Hi. Hello. Good morning. Sorry I’m late. So you must be Mr Byun? Hi im Jongdae. The COO of this company”. 

Minseok flashed a deathly glare towards Jongdae. In times like this he just wanted to cut off his friend’s head. 

“So. Where are we on the page? How is the discussion?” Jongdae continued. 

“Ahh. Ah as I was saying, we are really on a tight budget, and we’ve known your company to be one of the best in promoting something. We hope we could ask any help from your team“. Kheyo responded. 

“Of course! We can do it for free. It’s about helping those in need, right?” Jongdae grinned. 

“For free???????” Minseok was surprised. 

“Minseokikie, it’s the least we can do. Besides, we can be of help. Those poor kids need love and affection. Those moms need assistance and care.” 

“R..really? For free?” Kheyo looked at Minseok. 

Minseok’s already on the spotlight when he sees both Jongdae and Kheyo staring at him, waiting for his response. He doesn’t have a choice and lets out a deep sigh. 

“Okay. Okay. Let’s do it” he agrees while his eyes were rolling. 

After discussing a few more things about the project, Minseok lets Jongdae attend the next meeting on his behalf. 

“Mr Kim. Thank you so much for agreeing to help us. This means a lot. I will immediately send the details tomorrow.” Kheyo cheerfully smiled. 

“I don’t have a choice Mr Byun.”

Minseok continued. “For the details, one of our employees Sehun shall work with you. Junmyeon shall assist you to meet him”. 

Junmyeon entered the room and assisted Kheyo outside. 

 

Minseok was suddenly sweating. He doesn’t want to accept this project but his conscience tells him to say yes. Kheyo, he is suspiscious about the guy. This is also the first time he has heard about this NGO. 

He felt pain in his chest. Thoughts of his past start to enter his mind. The memories he suppressed came back to life.

He decided to leave the office and stayed home to think.