Awaken

No way out

(So guys! Just a warning ⚠️ If you’re quite sensitive with suicide topics or such, you may not read this. However, I really didn’t harshly mention it so it’s for you to decide :))

Now, back to the story. 

 

———————————

 

Minseok stepped out from a cafe. He turned when someone suddenly called his name. 

“Minseok!!! Let’s go home.” 

A familiar face flashed in front of him.

”Joohyun ah, how did you get here?”

”Ah oppa, stop the nonsense! Let’s go.” 

Joohyun grabbed Minseok and ran as fast as they can. The place gradually changed to a red building with many daisies surrounding the hallway. Both reached the rooftop catching their breaths. 

When they were settled, Joohyun held Minseok’s hands. 

“Minseok. I’m pregnant.” Joohyun revealed.

“Help me. I need you to raise the child with me. We need you”. Joohyun started to cry. 

As Minseok was about to utter a word, Joohyun lets go of him. 

He turned to his left and saw Joohyun fastly jumped off the building. Too fast he didn’t move. Joohyun just jumped. She just ended her life in front of his eyes. 

“Help me.” These words keep repeating at the back of his mind. 

Everything turned red. Blood was everywhere. Joohyun is gone. 

“Help me”. The sound of Joohyun’s voice still echoed. 

“Help me”. 

 

Minseok woke up sweating. He just had a nightmare. A core of his memory haunted him. A part of his life he intentionally got rid off creeped him out. His heart was beating fast. He placed his hands on his cheeks. He can’t believe Joohyun appeared in his dreams again. After a few years of forgetting, Joohyun came back to visit his dreams. 

“I am sorry Joohyun. I really didn’t know what happened to you after the incident. I tried to look for you but I can’t find you. Then, one day I just heard you’re gone.” Minseok started sobbing. 

 

——————————

 

Minseok and Joohyun had a relationship when they were in college. They were in love. Quite. He adored the woman so much for being silent yet silly. 

Most guys in their school liked Joohyun. Her skin is fair, her smile is so precious, her eyes twinkle. She had an innocent yet luxurious aura that guys (and some girls) find her very attractive. 

But Joohyun’s eyes were only for Minseok. 

The two got close when they became seat mates during their math class. 

Minseok is a math genius. He was able to help Joohyun throughout the whole semester and shared a few interests like reading books, watching movies and talking about history. 

The two finally confessed before the semester ended and became a couple. 

Everyone in school loved both. They were considered the lovely couple as they both matched each other. 

Minseok being the only son from a very wealthy family kept his relationship with Joohyun a secret. He doesn’t want his family to know. His heart hurts thinking about what his parents have planned for him. He knows his relationship with Joohyun couldn’t last long but he held on. He was happy with her. 

Growing up, Minseok didn’t have it easy. As he was an adopted child by the wealthy Mr and Mrs Kim, he tiptoed just to feel welcomed by his clan. He was always judged by his aunts, cousins and uncles. Sometimes he doesn’t feel he’s part of the clan specially during family occasions. He wasn’t too happy as a child. His parents loved him for sure but he worked so hard just to gain their trust and time. He felt he was only adopted just for succession purposes and nothing else. 

However, while he was hurting growing up, that didn’t stop him from working hard and proving himself that he is worth it. His parents gave him everything he wanted and he was thankful for that. When he reached his senior year in high school, he was already given a gist of the arranged marriage he’ll soon have after he finishes college. He couldn’t say no. That’s the least he could do for paying back his parents. 

Minseok and Joohyun continued their relationship in secret. They were already in their final year when Joohyun confronted Minseok. 

“Min.. I.. I’m pregnant..” Joohyun revealed. 

“Help me. I need you to raise the baby with me. We need you” Joohyun was about to cry. 

“Let’s run away. After graduation, let’s start a new life.” She suggested.

”Joohyun, I.. I’ll be a good dad. I promise. We will be happy together” Minseok cried. 

Both agreed to keep the pregnancy in secret so their plan could push through. 

Little did they know, Minseok’s parents already knew everything. Thanks to their professor who they paid to check on their son from time to time. 

 

Minseok is about to face a goddman fight.