Effort

No way out

“He really said that?????” Jongdae exclaimed.

”fall in.. fall in love??? Is that what he meant?” Yixing added.

 

Those are the only words which could perfectly fit the sentence. 

 

“Min, we got your back. You need to fight for this. You need to win him” Junmyeon wiggled his brows.

”I won Junmyeon after a year of acting I don’t exist, how much more Baek who, already has feelings for you to start with” Sehun smiled. 

Everybody was cheering him up while they ate at Minseok’s apartment. 

 

“Shower him with love. Show him you aren’t giving up. March that ethereal beauty that you have. He can’t resist that” Jongdae emboldened.

______________________

 

“Delivery for Mr Byun!”

“Flowers? From who?” 

“It just said from Mr-wrong-who-feels-right”

 

Then there were also gifts when he arrived in the office. 

Then it continued for weeks. And Baekhyun felt ecstatic.

 

“Why is he like this? I can’t deal with this”. 

 

Minseok knew Baekhyun felt joy while receiving his gifts. Thanks to their insider that is Mr Lu. 

 

One Friday night, Baekhyun seemed confused. He can’t give in to Minseok but at the same time he wants to finally submit himself to the man. 

A knock startled him. 

 

“! Why is he getting so brave??? Fucckkk” His hands were already shaking. 

 

When he opened the door, he found the gorgeous man wearing a suit while holding a bouquet of flowers and a box of pizza. His black hair was slicked to the back, perfectly emphasizing his jawline and cat like eyes. 

Baekhyun gulped at the godly view. 

 

“Hey? Here, this is for you. My name is Kim Minseok and I.. and I want to confess my true love to you”. 

 

Baekhyun can’t hide his red cheeks.

 

”You don’t need to answer right now. I’m willing to wait. I’m willing until you can finally feel I’m the right one for you.”

“Also, Ermmm... wouldn’t you let me in?” Minseok shyly smiled.

Baekhyun remained blushing. 

 

They settled themselves in the kitchen while staring at each other.

 

“Baekhyun. I am sorry. I hope we can forget the hurtful past. I hope we can start a new life.”

”I dreamt about her. She was smiling. She was happy. She is already happy out there, Baek” Minseok held Baekhyun’s hand. 

“If giving up is the right thing to do now, then I am willing to be wrong once more just to make things right.”

”I.. i love you Baekhyun” 

 

Baekhyun started sobbing.

“WILL YOU SHUT THE UP AND STOP MAKING ME BLUSH FOR ONCE???” 

Minseok cannot hold his laughter and hugged the other man. 

“And, my name is Byun Baekhyun.. will you give me time to finally accept your confession?” 

“It won’t be that long right?” Minseok flashed his adorable gummy smile. 

“Stop being so beautiful for once” 

“Stop being so gorgeous too. I can’t hide all my love which makes me more beautiful to you” Minseok lovingly teased. 

“Let’s eat!!! No staring!!” Baekhyun gasped. 

 

It ended with both smiling adorably at each other while sharing their food. 

 

__________________

 

Minseok hasn’t felt so happy before. He still hasn’t talked to his parents but he brushed it off. He will deal with them in due time. For now, being with Baekhyun made him feel genuinely happy. It made him feel truly alive, for once. 

 

“I guess he’s made the right decision. I’m so proud of him”. Jongdae whispered as they were staring at a smiling Minseok. 

“He looks like an idiot smiling like that. But it felt nice. This is the first time I’ve seen him this happy” Junmyeon added. 

“Hey you two, stop gossiping. Leave the in love man alone, okay?” Sehun interrupted. 

The three men just laughed and continued eating their lunch.