Present

No way out

The Hwang-Kim ties still continued despite Miyoung’s death. However this time, Minseok wants to fight for what he really dreams of. 

“Dad, mom, I need to get my life fixed. I’ve been through so much pain I couldn’t bear the stress in the office. I break into tears just staring at my screen. I can’t do this. Please.. please I hope you understand me”. Minseok sobbed.

”What do you want to do, son? We’re listening”. Kim Yong asked while comfortin his son. 

Minseok breathed deeply before he started to talk.  “I want to focus on digital marketing. I want to pursue a master’s degree and eventually build my own in the future. Even if I get to work just to pay my tuition, I’m fine with it. I need to work on with my life” 

 

“Son, you’ve been through a lot and we’ve seen you broke down. We will help you with your career plans. We got you”. His mom insisted. 

 

His parents hugged him tightly. He was thankful his parents finally listened to him. 

 

Minseok then took his masteral classes. There, he met Jongdae and they instantly clicked.

“This is a new life for me. I need to get this done correctly”. He whispered to himself. 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Minseok woke up to his alarm clock ringing loudly. His tears have dried. He cried too much when things from his past started to invade his mind. 

He slowly got out of bed and pushed himself to get to work. At least, he can divert his attention by finishing some projects and attending meetings. 

He rushed to the bathroom to shower then headed to the kitchen after he’s dressed. He grabbed and ate his cereal and took a pain reliever to help ease his aching head. He then drove for work.

 

“Oh oh oh. Why are you here meany? You should be resting!” Jongdae complained. 

“I felt more sick staying at home, Dae. I’d rather work for distraction”. 

“You mean DESTRUCTION”. Junmyeon answered. 

“Ahh!! You two!! Stop bugging me. GO BACK TO WORK. That’s an ORDER”. Minseok demanded. 

 

Minseok was able to focus on his work the whole day since he received a request to promote the popular couple Jongin-Kyungsoo’s wedding. He assimilated the couple’s requests and drafted additional ideas. 

He was thankful he forgot about the pain he felt the night before to the very least. 

 

He was able to immediately sleep when he arrived home. He was too tired the whole day. 

 

The following day marks a start of another chapter in Minseok’s life. 

 

Sehun called in sick. He’s advised by his doctor to undergo a minor operation and would need to rest for 2-4 weeks. 

 

Minseok already appointed Jongdae to handle the Jongin-Kyungsoo project since the rest of his employees are already handling numerous projects including Junmyeon. A few of Sehun’s urgent projects were already appointed to the other employees. 

 

“Yo Min, what about Mr Byun’s project? It’s for a good purpose. We need to have it completed too.” Jongdae questioned. 

 

“Ah, yes. I’ll try to check the team’s work load so I can insert his project”. Minseok answered. 

 

“I think you can handle it. Anyways it doesn’t require much of a budget though. Plus, he already has some materials ready”. Jongdae suggested. “He’ll be here in a while. He and Sehun agreed to complete the project here instead of meeting somewhere else.” 

 

Minseok got convinced by Jongdae. Anyways it’s only a short project and he can push some of his ideas since they’re offering the service for free. 

 

Kheyo then arrived shortly. 

“Hi Junmyeon. Is Sehun ready now?” 

“Oh hi Kheyo, Sehun called in sick. He might need to rest for a couple of days before he can report back to work. Uhmm. You are asked to drop by Minseok’s office though”. 

 

“Oh I see. Thank you. I’ll go inside then”. Kheyo smiled. 

 

Minseok met Kheyo’s eyes when he entered the room. The guy looks like a puppy, he thought. Kheyo really looks innocent and cuddly. He didn’t know he’ll get to know the guy more. 

 

“Hello Mr Byun. Sehun won’t be available to help you with the project for now. The rest of the team handles numerous projects too. Hmmm with this, we’ve decided that uhm, I’ll take your project instead.” 

“R.. really? That would be lovely! Ahh and also, you can call me Kheyo. Let’s disregard formalities would that be fine?” He suggested. 

“Ah.. alright. Call me Minseok then”. 

Kheyo was mesmerized by Minseok’s smile. He radiates a young yet calm vibe and Kheyo can’t help but smile everytime he sees the man. 

“Don’t be distracted by him. Focus on what you were for”. He whispered to himself.