Liberty

No way out

“My name is Kim Minseok. I am 27 years old. Finished a masters degree in Digital Marketing. I graduated a Bachelor’s degree in Financial Marketing Management, just to share again.” He chuckles. “Haaaaa. Experience? Well... I got a lot. Work. Life. Integration of both, I got tons. You name it, I’ll answer.”

Minseok confidently talks to the magazine interviewer. He has been chosen as the face of the best business magazine in town covering their next issue. He has to share some tips and ideas on how he became one of the top bachelors in the country. 

“Well, you must really know where you’re heading. In my own experience, I had a goal. I got inspired by that goal. You must gear yourself and engage in all possible activities to get closer to your goal. I was really determined”. 

“Wow, such a hardworking person you are Sajang-nim. I admire your thoughts and it’s great we can share these to our readers.” Jennie was shyly smiling while jotting down her inputs. 

“Thank you, Jennie. For how young you are, I also adore your work ethic. Keep it up young lady”. Minseok then shook hands with her. 

Jennie was about to ask some personal questions when his phone suddenly rang. 

“Oh! Jongdae-yah, stop whining. I am done, I’ll be there in 5 mins. Tell them to wait”. 

He rushed to the door and waved goodbye to a blushing Jennie. 

 

Jennie can’t deny it. The man is surely beautiful in person. Well, ethereal. She can’t believe someone so pretty exists. Sure she heard and of course seen the guy in tv, tabloids, interviews; but it’s different being in front of him talking while he casually smiles. That was why when it was announced that her company is inviting Minseok to get featured, she did her best to get the chance to personally interview the guy. It took her to render overtime shifts, offered to work on a weekend, managed a project just for her to be chosen as the magazine’s representative.

“Uuh, he’s such a charmer. My dream guy for sure!” Her heart fluttered. 

 

— — — 

 

Minseok entered the boardroom 3 mins after the call with Jongdae. 

“Oh easy team. It’s not 5 mins yet. Settle down” Minseok giggled.

Jongdae just rolled his eyes and opened the presentation. 

The meeting lasted for an hour and a half. It was so tiring Jongdae almost dropped his coffee for whining too much. 

“Dae, shut up ok? I’m still the boss here. I ask questions just to be clear on what we are spearheading. We need to know our clients before we provide them the best service. It’s a give and take process, my friend” Minseok casually explained while holding his 3rd cup of coffee for the day. 

Well Jongdae. He is Minseok’s COO and close friend. They were classmates during their masteral days and Minseok didn’t hesitate to hire the guy when the company is flourishing.

”But you are overly obsessive-compulsive. You always ask to go back to the previous slides even if we are done explaining it— THOROUGHLY”. Jongdae frowned.

”Haha! I was only studying the details to check if I’ve captured everything. Don’t be negative”. 

“You can always do that on your desk and just email or call us for additional questions. Duh? Such a er”. Jongdae lets out a sigh. 

“Go back to work, idiot. I didn’t hire you to tell me what to do.” Minseok playfully pushed Jongdae. 

Jongdae just rolled his eyes over and over before returning to his desk. 

 

Minseok owns an advertising company. A marketing strategic advertising company to be exact. Clients send their portfolio and specify which product, area, person or thing they want to promote. Minseok is very particular when it comes to client information since he wants to fully align the client’s needs to the services they could offer.

Minseok’s mind boggled on a specific client detail the whole afternoon. He rechecked the client’s information and studied what the client wants. 

Name of Company: Baejoo NGO

Company quick snap: Baejoo NGO is a non government organization ran by Kheyo from the Byun clan. They offer help to single moms who have difficulty in raising their children due to financial, physical, emotional or mental incapability. 

Aim: We want the whole nation to recognize our organization. Through your service, we can show the people in need our existence. 

Budget: We humbly ask if this can be discussed personally. 

Contact details: Byun Kheyo, xxxxxxxxxxx

 

Minseok scowled. This is the first time a client didn’t specify his budget. An NGO. The first time an NGO approached his company. He is still skeptical. Why his company of all?

He was overanalyzing when he suddenly got startled upon seeing Jongdae’s face peeking through his screen. 

“Dae!!!” He glared at his friend. 

“Why so serious, bro? I wanted to ask if you already called Byun Kheyo.” Jongdae spoke. 

“What? Do you really expect me to offer them a service with low budget? I mean, why our company?” 

“Heyyyy Minseok ahhh.. They are helping the community. That’s the least you can do to help the world. C’mon now! You’re rich enough not to spare a single cent. Stop being Mr meany.” Jongdae starts to whine. 

Minseok stared at the screen before responding to his COO. 

“Fine. Fine Mr whiny. I’ll call Byun Kheyo”. He finally agreed. 

“Good. I’ll go ahead now. Xing is meeting me downstairs.” He blushed. 

“Go now loverboy. Send my regards to Lay”. 

 

When Jongdae finally left his office, Minseok dialed the number and stared blankly at the digits for seconds before finally pressing the call button. 

 

“Hello?” A soft voice answered.