Chapter 9

Eventful Break
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eunbi ran down the stairs where her brother, her parents, and Chuan were sitting. 
“What the hell is your problem!” Eunbi said as she grabbed her brother’s collar. 
“Eunbi! Stop that.” Jihoon commanded. 
“Dad, how come you didn’t tell us that you planned on moving here?” Jaehyun asked as he walked down the stairs. 
“How did you guys find out?” Jihoon asked. Jihye’s eyes widened. 
“You want to stay here?” Jihye asked in disbelief. 
“Well Daehyun suggested that we could expand our company here.” Jihoon said. 
“Of course he did.” Eunbi muttered. Daehyun only glared at her. 
“Get off of me, sister.” Daehyun said. Eunbi only glared at him. 
“What about the twins? They’re 6 months from graduating.” Jihye pointed out. 
“Well they can study here.” Daehyun said. Eunbi eyes flashed red once again. 
“And ruin all our hard work in SOPA?! Are you ing nuts? You know how hard it was for us to get into SOPA!” Eunbi shouted. 
“Eunbi, get off of him. Calm down.” Jihoon commanded. Eunbi glared at them before letting go of his collar. 
“Daehyun. You know how much work the twins put in just to get into SOPA. You know how much effort they put into SOPA. It was Eunbi’s dream to go to school there. You can’t expect her to drop everything that she’s done for the past four years.” Jihye said. 
“Mom, sometimes, you have to make sacrifices for the company. We want it to expand. Eunbi, stop being so selfish.” Daehyun said. Aya glared at him. 
“Sorry, this might be out of my place but are you kidding me? She’s selfish? And you’re not? Need I remind you that you’re telling your own sister to give up on her dream to accomplish yours? Guess what, SOPA is hard. She went through nearly four years of hell there. And you want her to call it quits? When she’s so close to succeeding? For what? For your dreams to come true.” Chuan said. Jihye nodded. 
“He’s right Daehyun. I can’t believe you. Jihoon, you too. I don’t care what you guys do. I’m staying in Korea with the twins. Until they graduate and do what they want to do.” Jihye said with a glare. Daehyun glared at the twins. 
“What are the chances that you two will actually make it in the industry? You’re just wasting our time.” Daehyun said before walking upstairs. Eunbi glared at him. Aya looked up at him, clearly ticked off. 
“She has a better chance than you ever did. Don’t think I forgot about you Jung Daehyun. We graduated from SOPA the same year. Yet somehow you didn’t manage to get into industry because of controversies. And guess what, I’m on the panel this year for their graduation.” Aya said. The twins gasped. Daehyun narrowed his eyes at her. 
“You’re on the panel?!?!” The two shouted. Aya nodded. 
“They wanted me to come back to judge for the panel. I’ll be Korea for the week of finals and graduation. You two better show up with original pieces and they better be good ones. Just because I know you doesn’t mean I’ll give you a pass.” Aya said as she pulled Riley along to the patio. 
“I didn’t forget about you either Xiaoli.” Daehyun muttered as he watched her and Riley walk outside. 

Aya took a deep breath as she walked outside. Riley just hugged her, hoping she would calm down. It wasn’t often that she lost her cool after all.
“How dare he?” Aya whispered. 
“People don’t think like us baby.” Riley said while kissing her temple. 
“It doesn’t matter. He should know more than anyone else how hard it is to get into and graduate from SOPA. Not to mention getting noticed. The twins are talented. And I know they would make it in the industry.” Aya said. Riley sighed. 
“Baby, do you ever regret not accepting the proposal made by YG?” Riley asked. Aya shook her head. 
“No, because I never wanted to stay in Korea. I didn’t even want to become a star to be honest. I went to SOPA because of YG. He found talent in me. He wanted me to become the next Boa, but under his company. So he enrolled me into SOPA and told my parents that I would be successful. But while I was at SOPA, I wasn’t really happy. I was only happy when I could dance. I figured I could become a choreographer if I didn’t like performing. But after everything happened, I took some time to actually think about my future. I wasn’t interested in performing arts. After talking to YG, he helped me figure my own path. And that lead me to The Lens, a company owned by one of his friends. YG also owns Rad Hits so in a way, I didn’t refuse his proposal completely.” Aya explained. Riley smiled softly. 
“In a way, I’m glad you didn’t want to become his new icon. While you would’ve been the best artist I’ve ever seen, we wouldn’t have been together. But even if you’re not a star in Korea, you’re still my little star.” Riley said while hugging her. Aya smiled and leaned her head against his chest. Riley pecked her forehead and tightened his hold on her. 

“Oppa, that was really uncalled for.” Hwayoung said as she joined Daehyun in their shared room. 
“Not you too. I thought you hated my sister.” Daehyun said with an eye roll. Hwayoung shook her head. 
“We have our differences but I don’t hate her. Oppa, how can you make her drop out of SOPA? It’s been her dream even before I met her.” Hwayoung said. 
“Because I know she’ll never make it.” Daehyun said. Hwayoung glared at him for the first time. 
“Oppa, you’re being unreasonable. Eunbi is the most talented person I know. She’s an amazing singer and dancer.” Hwayoung said. 
“And her dream is to be a patissier. I don’t see how any of that correlates to being a patissier.” Daehyun pointed out. 
“Oppa, she’s been wanting to be a singer since young. Being a patissier has always been second to being a singer. You know that.” Hwayoung said. Daehyun sighed. 
“I know! Gosh, you think I don’t know how much she wants to be a singer? I know how much it would hurt her but I need to build a company here Hwayoung! Dad says it could be my own.” Daehyun said. 
“Then you can wait. Let her dreams come true. A company doesn’t just go away Oppa. You can build it now or you can build it six months from now. The end result will be the same for you. You get your company. But for Eunbi and Jaehyun, their future’s are at stake.” Hwayoung said.
“I know but I need to build it now. I can’t wait any longer. Not when Riley’s company is skyrocketing.” Daehyun muttered. Hwayoung sighed sadly. 
“You still love Aya unnie don’t you.” Hwayoung whispered. Daehyun’s eyes widened. 
“Y-you know about

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter