Chapter 5

Eventful Break
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Double Update!!! Go back one chapter!

Chuan and the Jungs soon came back to the house. Daehyun immediately met eyes with Aiden who was sitting on the coach talking to Ryan. The boy gave him a smirk. Daehyun slightly glared at him. He hated Aiden with a passion. He hated him more than he hated Aaron. 
“Oh hey guys. Aiden, you’ve met the Jungs right?” Chuan said. Aiden nodded. 
“Yeah I did. Hello Mr. & Mrs. Jung.” Aiden greeted. Although Daehyun had dated Aya in the past, he never once intr oduced her to his parents. He kept her a secret for some odd reason. 
“Hello dear.” Jihye said to him. Jihoon nodded. Eunbi smirked as she watched how uncomfortable her brother looked. 
“Eunbi, you’re showing.” Jaehyun whispered. Her smirk only grew. 
“Who cares. He deserves the discomfort.” She whispered back. 
“I heard you used to study in Korea.” Jihoon said to Aiden. 
“I did for middle school. I transferred here for high school because of my cousin.” Aiden said. Jihoon smiled. 
“Ahh for Aya? She came here for college I heard. So you followed her? Why?” Jihoon asked. 
“She’s like a sister to me. My dad was constantly working so he thought it was best for me to live with my cousin. She’s like a mom anyways.” Aiden said lightheartedly. But the twins saw how his eyes dimmed at the mention of his dad. 
“Where is she by the way?” Hwayoung asked, hoping that the girl was gone for good. 
“She’s in ge’s room. Most likely editing some pictures.” Ryan answered. 
“Oh that’s right, I heard she was a journalist as well as an editor. I didn’t know she edited pictures along with literary pieces.” Jihye said. 
“She got into photo editing because of Riley. Photography was his passion so naturally, Aya became interested in it.” Chuan said, sticking his head out from the kitchen. 
“She’s talented, smart and athletic. She’s also a beauty. Man how do you compete with that?” Jaehyun said with a smirk. Eunbi bit her lip to prevent her smirk from getting too big. 
“Easy. You don’t.” Aiden said. 
“I mean, some people get insecure and want to compete even though they’ll lose.” Eunbi said, smirking at Hwayoung who rolled her eyes. 
“Oh please, as if Oppa would fall for her.” Hwayoung said. Aiden smirked knowingly. 
“Who knows.” Jaehyun said before dragging his sister back to their shared room. Hwayoung glared at them. 
“Oppa, you wouldn’t fall for her right?” She asked Daehyun who shook his head. Aiden smirked as Ryan stifled a laugh. 
“We’re gonna go check on them.” Aiden said as he went up stairs with Ryan following him.

Aya was reading a book while Riley played with her hair. Aiden came in with a huge smirk on his face, making Aya question him. 
“What’s up?” She asked him. Aiden shook his head while Ryan laughed. 
“I’m guessing you met Daehyun downstairs and somehow pissed him off?” Riley asked. Aiden paused. 
“So you know? Well that’s not exactly what happened down there. I didn’t piss him off. Jaehyun pretty much said that his new girlfriend ain’t compared to my cousin. And then Eunbi said that she’d lose if she wanted to compete. Then the poor girl started questioning whether or not Daehyun would fall for Aya. I don’t know. It made me laugh because irony.” Aiden said. 
“Well, even if he fell for her again, I would let him near her.” Riley said. Aiden agreed. 
“Nice outfit Jiejie, I’m assuming that Ge chose it?” Ryan said. Aya nodded. Aya’s outfit consisted of capri leggings with an oversized hoodie. Though it wasn’t something that Aya wouldn’t normally wear, it was the fact that she was in a panda bear hoodie that was the dead giveaway. Aya’s wardrobe consisted of neutral and solid colors. She rarely wore something that would be considered cutesy or girly. Since the hood had ears and cute panda eyes, Ryan immediately knew that she wasn’t the one who bought or chose the hoodie. 
“It’s cute right?” Riley said as he put her hood on her. 
“Very. So unlike my cousin’s style.” Aiden said with a smirk, making Aya throw her pillow at his face. 
“I prefer mature than cute okay. I like pandas though.” Aya said. Riley smiled.
“You’re always cute to me.” He said, making Aiden cringe. 
“Cringe~” Aya said with a small smile. Riley stuck his tongue out, making Aya laugh at his childishness. 
“Anyways, back to reality. Daehyun is gonna be here for two weeks. We have a whole month off from school. Dad is gonna question why Jiejie isn’t coming over as often if she tried to avoid coming here.” Ryan said. Riley nodded. 
“Good point. We usually spend our breaks here because Aaron ge is gone for work a lot. So if we suddenly stopped, he’s gonna ask. So we can’t avoid him. But, I have a plan.” Aiden said. Aya looked up at him. 
“Let me guess, you want me to work with Riley and Sam on the days I’m off?” Aya asked. Aiden smiled. 
“Yup. That would minimize the time you spend here. Plus it would help Riley ge finish his work faster, meaning he’d come home earlier. That would mean that you’d never have to be alone with Daehyun. I mean, you could be with me at all times but I have practice and projects to finish during break. Plus, if it’s just you and me, he doesn’t have to act. He doesn’t know that you told Riley about everything so with Riley around, he has to act.” Aiden said. Aya nodded in understanding.
“That’s true. Hmm….. I guess that works.” Aya said. 
“I hope he doesn’t approach you at all.” Riley said. 
“The bigger problem is how the heck are we going to survive dinner. His new girlfriend feels threatened by you. He probably still likes you considering how much he stares at you. And you’re still deathly afraid of him.” Aiden said. Aya sighed. 
“That’s right…. we always have dinner, together….” Ryan said. 
“I’m not scared of him.” Aya muttered. 
“I mean, it’s not like he’s sitting next to her. I think we’re gonna be eating out in the backyard considering how many people there are. We can just avoid him. Worst case scenario, he sits in front of her. But even then, I’ll still be next to her. I can calm her down if she’s scared.” Riley said. 
“I'm not scared y'all. He’s just stressing me out.” Aya said. 
“Who cares about him? You’re happy now.” Aiden said. Aya smiled. 
“I am happy.” She said, leaning on Riley who smiled at her. 
“Quick question. Can I run Hwayoung over?” Eunbi asked as she poked her head into the room. 
“Eunbi? How long have you been there?” Aiden asked. 
“Just now. My twin is taking a shower and Daehyun Oppa is talking to my dad. Which means his of a girlfriend is in my room along with my mother. So I decided to go find you guys.” Eunbi said. Aiden shook his head with a laugh and let her in. 
“Well, we’re just talking in here. Make yourself comfortable.” Ryan said. 
“Unnie.” Eunbi said before jumping on Aya. 
“Unnie unnie unnie.” Eunbi chanted as she hugged Aya who patted her head. 
“Hey Bibi.” Aya said. Eunbi’s eyes sparkled at the nickname. There were only two people who called her that name. One being Jaehyun and the other one being Aya. 
“I missed you.” Eunbi said as she tightened her arms around Aya. Aya smiled softly and hugged the girl back. 
“I missed you too.” Aya said. Riley and Ryan were very confused so they looked toward Aiden who smiled. 
“The Jung Twins were my best friends growing up. So naturally, they got close to Aya as well. So when they found out that Aya and Daehyun were dating, they were happy. Eunbi started calling Aya as her favorite unnie. Aya became her sister figure and best friend. Likewise, Aya came to trust her as a little sister. So when Aya and Daehyun broke up, Eunbi was very upset. She felt like she lost a sister and blamed Daehyun for it. Which is why she hates Daehyun right now. She wasn’t able to hang out with us anymore after the break up because Daehyun didn’t allow it. So when we finally moved here, Eunbi blamed Daehyun for forcing her unnie away.” Aiden explained. Riley smiled softly when he saw Aya comforting the now crying Eunbi. 
“You are welcome here anytime you want to see Aya. Your twin too. I know it’s going to be hard to see her since she’s gonna be avoiding your older brother.” Riley said. Eunbi turned to him. 
“You know, I didn’t like you at first. When I found out you were dating unnie, I thought I’d never get the chance to have Unnie as my sister again. I thought that my brother lost his chance to make her my sister in law again. But then I saw how happy you make her. And now that you’re allowing me to see her at anytime, I can’t hate you.” Eunbi said. Riley smiled. 
“Well, I understand what it’s like to be separated from a loved one, even if they’re not blood related. That’s how I felt when your brother started to date my best friend. Before your brother started to date Aya, she was actually my best friend.” Riley said. Eunbi’s eyes widened. 
“Wait so you knew unnie while she was living in Korea? How?” Eunbi asked. Riley smiled softly. 
“I was in Seoul for a business trip when I met her. She became my first friend there since I was interning for the summer. She later became my best friend even when I moved back to Taiwan.” Riley said with a soft smile, remembering the first time he met her. Aya had a small grin.
“And when she started dating my Oppa, he forbade her to talk to you. I remember that argument. It escalated quickly.” Eunbi said. Aya flinched. 
“Enough about the past. Eunbi, you’ve grown so much. So pretty. How have

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter